SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Some pics from EOS3

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-04 | 09:09 PM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Originally posted by AutoCoutureSC
it was good finally meeting your Rich!

in all honesty, i was sort of disappointed. we (AcleanSC4 and me) had a bad location to park out cars. about 5 minutes after we park there, there were cars parked in front of us. if anyone wanted to look at our cars, they had to find it in the back parking lot. oh well... i will post some pics tonight if i have the time....
It definately took me by suprise that it was like a parking lot behind the service center... I was dissappointed that the cars were packed back there like regular cars... that shouldnt be a reason for you not to go to a meet like this again though....like i said in another thread....you go to these meets to get connections and network...I know i was parked up front and its easy for me to say that but if it makes a difference myself and a few other guys did go to the back and check out every single car back there and yours and AcleanSC4 definately were lookin hot....Next time ill make sure to let the core people know to set up the parking so that there are even rows and enough space for everyone to show off their ride in a fair manner.

werd... IMHO, a lot of guys were stuck up in their "dark" alleys. i was looking at one car with my girl, and the guy "glared" at us. no names will be mentioned. i know exactly who that person is, since i visit the GS forums often. whatever. i dont' mean to b*tch or anything... FYI
whoa that sucks...I hope that wasnt me...if it was I apologize..
Old 09-27-04 | 11:03 PM
Jc4dint
Driver

Originally posted by lex400sc
My week just keeps getting better.... 3 tickets in 30 hours...

What a SChmass!!! They were just jealous, that they didn't have an SC.
Rich, thanks again for that SMD, what does the D stand for?

if anyone wanted to look at our cars, they had to find it in the back parking lot.

Hey, I went back there a few times, nice dash by the way.

Originally posted by AaronE
Plus, the non-functioning Car Macintosh wasn't working either
Hey Aaron, Is this some kind of Motec system exhaust type of thing? Macs rule by the way.

Last edited by Jc4dint; 09-27-04 at 11:04 PM.
Old 09-27-04 | 11:04 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 10,000

Grrr, answer me, lol
Old 09-27-04 | 11:12 PM
Jc4dint
Driver

Originally posted by lex400sc
Well look who won a set of Daizen sway bars from $20 worth of raffle tix...
I wanted those so bad, I put in about 10 bucks in there, shoulda doubled it. Enjoy those bars Jason.

Originally posted by mteele
Is that exhaust pic of an SC300 or SC400?

I'm confused on what I need to get for my car, an X-pipe or a Y-pipe
It was the blue 400, LOUD. I thought X pipes are only for V8s???

Last edited by Jc4dint; 09-27-04 at 11:16 PM.
Old 09-27-04 | 11:17 PM
AaronE
Pole Position

Originally posted by Jc4dint
Hey Aaron, Is this some kind of Motec system exhaust type of thing? Macs rule by the way.
LOL, seeing as how I had to google search "Motec" to figure out what you're talking about: no. It's a G4 Powerbook 1.25GHz prototype that I rescued from the trash at work (yeah, I work at Apple). I inadvertently grounded a power pin to the radio chassis early in the morning, causing the power adapter to start smoking (a LOT). I'm kinda amazed it still works at all. As soon as Lilliput sends me a replacement touchscreen (the 1st cracked) it'll be up and running...

PS. just realized how redundant "non-functional [computer] that wasn't working" is...

Last edited by AaronE; 09-27-04 at 11:18 PM.
Old 09-27-04 | 11:51 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

oh yeah...it was nice to see another carputer get started...Looks good so far aarone, i think you're the first person to run their carputer on a mac...

btw...what front end will you be using? i think they're all made for windows...
Old 09-27-04 | 11:56 PM
JunctionGS
Lexus Test Driver

werd... IMHO, a lot of guys were stuck up in their "dark" alleys. i was looking at one car with my girl, and the guy "glared" at us. no names will be mentioned. i know exactly who that person is, since i visit the GS forums often. whatever. i dont' mean to b*tch or anything... FYI
and I apologize on behalf of this person. I hope it wasn't me.. I tried my best to talk to EVERYONE and be really cool and helpful.. I am VERY sorry if it was me...

I wanted to see your car, I always saw so many pics of it online... always a big fan of the AC kit for SCs!! kept trying to bug my friend to buy it... but I never got a chance to walk around and look at cars really...

sorry that u got parked in the back man... my apologies on that one

Last edited by JunctionGS; 09-27-04 at 11:57 PM.
Old 09-27-04 | 11:56 PM
kaidoy
Rookie

Originally posted by Jc4dint
I wanted those so bad, I put in about 10 bucks in there, shoulda doubled it. Enjoy those bars Jason.
Thanks John.

I was actually pretty shocked when I won. I figured I was just donating my $20 towards the meet.

It was nice putting faces with cars. See you guys around.

Jason
Old 09-28-04 | 12:01 AM
AaronE
Pole Position

Originally posted by ACleanSC4
oh yeah...it was nice to see another carputer get started...Looks good so far aarone, i think you're the first person to run their carputer on a mac...
btw...what front end will you be using? i think they're all made for windows...
Well, I'm not the first to put a Mac in their car, but will be the first in a Lexus (at least that I know of). As far as software goes, I'll be writing my own. After all, that is what I do for a living... Anyway, I should probably stop spewing on this thread. I'll start one of my own as soon as I've made just a bit more progress. Thanks to all you guys for the impetus to splurge on the screen and start doing it!
Old 09-28-04 | 03:20 AM
SCmist
Rookie

Aaron, your carputer setup is pretty kool. Did you finally get it working yet?

The is300 and the GS were just jealous. So they stole all our parking spots. JK I think it was just timing fisrt come first serve wasn't it? Maybe if we had got there sooner, our spots probably won't be so bad. Maybe next year, we should save spaces for each other or something. There were some clean SC like Tony's that didn't get seen too much, so yea I understand the disappointment.

Tony, just by chance if you reading this post, PM me your email.

I like the pictures!!! I'm glad someone took pictures of our cars, I am a litle tired seeing all the other cars. Its like looking at the same car 100 times.
Old 09-28-04 | 04:16 AM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Nice pics and great turnout, looks like the SC's were well representated.

Sucks about the parking though and people "glaring" at fellow CL members when they were just trying to get a look at the car. I'm surprised to hear that, we're all family here.

Last edited by Technics; 09-28-04 at 04:16 AM.
Old 09-28-04 | 08:27 AM
AaronE
Pole Position

Does anybody have a labeled picture of the SC's with screen name? I know a couple, but not all of them. If there isn't one already, maybe everybody who recognizes their SC in one of these pictures, email me with your name, picture number (starting at 1 from the first pic in the thread), and car (like: the sandstone with the front grill cutout, or: the white 92 next to the SC430) and I will make a composite picture with names.

Just a thought. I, for one, am having a hard time remembering who went with what car.

Anyway, email is synthesis77@yahoo.com
Old 09-28-04 | 10:39 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Default eos3 pics

Nice pics, looks like a pretty cool meet. Plenty of cars, plenty of shade, several SC's...what else is there? Got it all.....well some guys like girls at their meets but that takes attention away from the cars.
Old 09-28-04 | 10:49 AM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default ME2

Rich,

It happened to me as well.

I got a ticket on I-5. Sunday morning.

I was actually driving up to GET TO the meet..and got a ticket for 100mph
I had a family emergency to tend to and was trying to get back in time. After getting the ticket, I was in no mood to go to the meet.

Hmm..I'm going to have to pay up some CASH....

ALso my power steering pump is about to give out..

Glad that the meet was good.

Last edited by Anthracite SC; 09-28-04 at 10:50 AM.
Old 09-28-04 | 11:40 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Found another pic on my camera

Quick Reply: Some pics from EOS3