SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Climate control LCD

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-04, 08:04 PM
Shnerez420
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Climate control LCD

I have a 95 SC400 and I recently needed to change a bulb in my climate control unit. When I went to Lexus to buy a bulb they gave me one slightly different and with a blue plastic covering over it.
My buttons lit up a blueish/green color.
Lexus explained that is the only color llights they have so I replaced the the stereo Head Unit with one from a newer SC and changed the other bulbs in my climate control to the newer ones.
The color of the stock stereo and the new bulbs in the climate control matched correctly.
Now the problem is that the LCD doesnt match, it still has the orange-ish color.
I opened the Climate Unit again and resoldered new bulbs behind the LCD in there ...so now I have the matching blueish/green color BUT its alot dimmer than the LCD on the stereo.
How do I correct this problem?
(btw, obviously I liked the newer color)
Any help would be great!
Also, I cant get to the light in the power/normal switch near the shifter. Does anyone have instructions for this with pics?
THanks!
Old 09-29-04, 05:04 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: Climate control LCD

Originally posted by Shnerez420
I have a 95 SC400 and I recently needed to change a bulb in my climate control unit. When I went to Lexus to buy a bulb they gave me one slightly different and with a blue plastic covering over it.
My buttons lit up a blueish/green color.
Lexus explained that is the only color llights they have so I replaced the the stereo Head Unit with one from a newer SC and changed the other bulbs in my climate control to the newer ones.
The color of the stock stereo and the new bulbs in the climate control matched correctly.
Now the problem is that the LCD doesnt match, it still has the orange-ish color.
I opened the Climate Unit again and resoldered new bulbs behind the LCD in there ...so now I have the matching blueish/green color BUT its alot dimmer than the LCD on the stereo.
How do I correct this problem?
(btw, obviously I liked the newer color)
Any help would be great!
Also, I cant get to the light in the power/normal switch near the shifter. Does anyone have instructions for this with pics?
THanks!
PM OLT...our resident electrician!

CEO