SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

CalChrome used my Supra TT wheels on their website!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-04, 08:40 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default **(NEW PICS)** CalChrome used my Supra TT wheels on their website!

Wow i though John (a guy who owns the place or works there) was just kidding... when he said that they did such a good job on the wheels that he was gonna use them as a demo. He fixed all of the salt (michigan) corrosion....and he was posted them on the website for a before/after pic. Any how i havent gotten the wheels back yet but he e-mailed pics of the before/after process (more than whats on the website)...ill post them later!...not to promote any business for them but they do look good.

Oh sorry here is a link to the website www.calchrome.com look under rechroming process

CEO

Last edited by THE_CEO; 10-08-04 at 07:43 PM.
Old 10-01-04, 09:30 AM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, that is a big difference. I see the chroming starts at a buck thirty-five per wheel. How much did he charge for the TT wheels?
Old 10-01-04, 10:29 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

thats some nice chrome
Old 10-01-04, 10:58 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally posted by Technics
Wow, that is a big difference. I see the chroming starts at a buck thirty-five per wheel. How much did he charge for the TT wheels?
I got in before the price raise so let me find the e-mail (direct from e-mail) "here are some photos of your Supra wheels. I wish to remove the chrome plating to see if the corrosion has effected the base metal. Cost is $35.00 per wheel to remove the old chrome to see how they look. At that time I can send you more photos to get your ok to proceed with the rechroming of the wheels. As discussed per our phone conversation cost is $35.00 per wheel for chrome strip, $125.00 per wheel to rechrome them and $25.00 per for new chrome center caps. Please review the photos and email or fax written ok to remove the old plating to see how she looks." ****NOTE***** "These price were before the price increase"...i believe the correct prices are on the web site...if you were to call today.

Let me find the pics to post...

CEO
Old 10-01-04, 12:14 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by THE_CEO
I got in before the price raise so let me find the e-mail (direct from e-mail) "here are some photos of your Supra wheels. I wish to remove the chrome plating to see if the corrosion has effected the base metal. Cost is $35.00 per wheel to remove the old chrome to see how they look. At that time I can send you more photos to get your ok to proceed with the rechroming of the wheels. As discussed per our phone conversation cost is $35.00 per wheel for chrome strip, $125.00 per wheel to rechrome them and $25.00 per for new chrome center caps. Please review the photos and email or fax written ok to remove the old plating to see how she looks." ****NOTE***** "These price were before the price increase"...i believe the correct prices are on the web site...if you were to call today.

Let me find the pics to post...

CEO
$780 just to chrome the frickin' wheels???? You can get a whole set for less than that on supraforums....
Old 10-01-04, 12:31 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally posted by mikeloc24
$780 just to chrome the frickin' wheels???? You can get a whole set for less than that on supraforums....
ok now i really need to post pics....if you had seen my wheels after 10 years or corrosion you wouldnt even wanna tell anyone that you even owned them....let me upload some pics....when you see them, ask your self if you would roll around on these puppies?!...ill explain how the 780.00 is not that bad..in the next post..let me find the pics!.

CEO
Old 10-01-04, 12:44 PM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by aliga
thats some nice chrome
I believe the term is reflecto-****
Old 10-01-04, 12:51 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Default BEFORE pics

Lets see if this works

Before 1

Before 2

Before 3

Before 4

Before 5

Before 6

Ok mikeloc24, imagine you have 4 of these friends taggin' along everywhere you go...

CEO

Last edited by THE_CEO; 10-01-04 at 12:57 PM.
Old 10-01-04, 12:58 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

they are too big to upload to the page if someone wants to resize the pics and post them i would be greatful...

CEO
Old 10-01-04, 01:01 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Yep, those wheels looked hammered alright....I'm sure they look nice after having fresh chrome put on them. I had some old messed up wheels like that on my accord and got them chromed here in LA for $100 per wheel. And that included the centercaps. But this was a couple of years ago so the price went up I'm sure. I paid less than $780 for my 19's with tires so my opinion may be tainted by that deal. After doing this I'm sure you have the best looking TT wheels on the block, I'm not knocking that. The only thing I question is the price they charged.
Old 10-01-04, 03:02 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally posted by mikeloc24
Yep, those wheels looked hammered alright....I'm sure they look nice after having fresh chrome put on them. I had some old messed up wheels like that on my accord and got them chromed here in LA for $100 per wheel. And that included the centercaps. But this was a couple of years ago so the price went up I'm sure. I paid less than $780 for my 19's with tires so my opinion may be tainted by that deal. After doing this I'm sure you have the best looking TT wheels on the block, I'm not knocking that. The only thing I question is the price they charged.

I feel you on the price, but i need to figure out why i should send the wheels in rather than just go out and buy new ones..the price for chroming was 125.00 (back then) per wheel.. i looked at their process they use 4 layers in instead of 3...i called around to see what was in the 4 layers that wasnt in the 3 layers it was the "copper". Aluminum ,copper, nickel then chrome...ok i though great an extra layer. Then i though well why not just go to a dealer and get it at his cost. But then i remembered that the dealer wheels of any kind are massively distributed by the company(toyota) and made by the lowest bidder....so to make a profit im sure that they cut some corners. Where as i can get customized wheels that were personally chromed and inspected on a individual basis...compared to where toyota does a sampling of the quality of its chrome wheels..and after they way they looked i was happy i only had to pay 35.00 for them to be stripped down for rechroming...oh brand new chrome wheels were about 400.00 to 450.00 a piece depending on which stealership you went to.

CEO
Old 10-01-04, 03:06 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

oh and i have the After pics when everyone is ready i can post those also...hehe

CEO
Old 10-01-04, 04:16 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by THE_CEO
oh and i have the After pics when everyone is ready i can post those also...hehe

CEO

GOGOGO!!
Old 10-01-04, 04:17 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

BTW, I thought resurfacing and rechroming in Socal cost about $100/rim, someone correct me if I'm wrong 'cause I was quoted that price a couple years ago
Old 10-01-04, 04:29 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Default Here are the AFTER pics

AFTER!!!
Attached Thumbnails CalChrome used my Supra TT wheels on their website!-mvc-010s.jpg  

Quick Reply: CalChrome used my Supra TT wheels on their website!