SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

People cannot park!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-04, 11:54 AM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts
Default People cannot park!!!!

I parked my car on Friday night. Had a spot behind me so huge you can fit a Suburban. Then, yesterday I found this. I already have a lot of stress cracks on my bumper and it looks like someone just bumped me. I try to be extra careful when parking because I worry about my car. Obviously people don't give a s@@#. It's probably some moron talking on the phone while parking.

I put some touch up paint on it, but until I get the bumper repainted it's gonna stick out like an eyesore.

Ed
Attached Thumbnails People cannot park!!!!-168_6823.jpg  
Old 10-10-04, 11:56 AM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Attached Thumbnails People cannot park!!!!-168_6824.jpg  
Old 10-10-04, 11:57 AM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Attached Thumbnails People cannot park!!!!-168_6826.jpg  
Old 10-10-04, 12:10 PM
vipsoarer
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

sucks man i know your pain. i have a 94 del sol (i know its a honda but its putting out 275 at the wheels and is mint) with 45k original miles and some idiot decided to run and get his license plate stuck in my rear bumper the first time i took it out for 3 months...your best bet is to sand it all down and prep it to repaint. sorry again to hear it man.
Old 10-10-04, 05:06 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

yeah i have been there before....like VIP said sand and repaint it...good luck!

CEO
Old 10-10-04, 06:38 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate to say it but man if you repaint the thing another idiot will do it again the next day. Just use some touch up paint and try to suck it up. I know it sucks (I caught a woman pushing into my rear bumper last week and when I ran over to her she decided to mouth off and then get her dude involved, major headache) but that's just how the world is, full of inconsiderate idiots who hate anything better than what they have.
Old 10-10-04, 06:52 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally posted by mikeloc24
I hate to say it but man if you repaint the thing another idiot will do it again the next day. Just use some touch up paint and try to suck it up. I know it sucks (I caught a woman pushing into my rear bumper last week and when I ran over to her she decided to mouth off and then get her dude involved, major headache) but that's just how the world is, full of inconsiderate idiots who hate anything better than what they have.
I would have loved to be in that situation....i would have created a nightmare for the both of them!

CEO
Old 10-10-04, 06:56 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

To ease your pain ill post a pic of my rear fender....from the same idiots the park next to me...tomorrow!

CEO
Old 10-10-04, 07:38 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Ahh I know the feel to well Ed! I was out with a friend at a restuarant, when these morons got into this *****box of a car, reversed it straight into mine, and drove off... this happened in front of me too, they saw me and drove off.

Took down the plates and smashed their windshield.
Old 10-10-04, 08:51 PM
Celsior Master
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

happens all the time at the parking lot at my work
Old 10-10-04, 11:04 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by THE_CEO
I would have loved to be in that situation....i would have created a nightmare for the both of them!

CEO
Basically he was like "I'm out of it" so maybe the relationship wasn't that serious

He saw her car and what she did...and he saw my car and made a logical conclusion that I had a valid beef. Smart move on his part. Point is that idiots don't care
Old 10-11-04, 01:32 AM
SC300Es
Pole Position

I caught a woman pushing into my rear bumper last week and when I ran over to her she decided to mouth off and then get her dude involved, major headache
The worst part of a situation like that is when these ppl try to turn it around and act like you're overreacting.

My wife woke me up couple of weeks ago to tell me the guy accross the street was arguing with another motorist. The "neighbor" has a Prelude. He pushed his front bumper up this guy's brand new Pathfinder and caused minor damage. The Pathfinder guy was with his family and clearly upset. And like you said, sometimes you just suck it up because you just can't fight every person that touches your bumper. (Not in NYC). Anyway, instead of apologizing, which I think would have taken care of the whole situation, the neighbor kept saying, " This is the city, stuff like this happens all the time. this is the city,......"
That upset me a lot even though it wasn't my car. This guy was basically blaming the Pathfinder guy for having his car in front of his Prelude but the Pathfinder parked there before him. I was like "WTF? Now ppl blame others for their own mistakes?" I wanted to go out and hurt him so bad. It's people like him that cause all the damage to our cars.

Anyway, enought venting.

Ed
Old 10-11-04, 01:05 PM
Thomas C
Lead Lap

This is such a common occurence in NYC. I just found a ding on my quarter panel, probably from some inconsiderate idiot who didn't care to look to see if his door would clear. I remembered when I had parked to go to the gym and was looking at this lady park her camry (extremely scratched up front and rear bumpers) right in front of mine. While she was reversing, she hits my front bumper and still keeps reversing like there is still space. I run over to her yelling for her to stop and she gives me this stupid look and then goes foward and parks in her big spot. Thank god she hit my license plate and braket or she would have scratched up my front bumper. Then I would have given her hell. It's just NYC drivers, some just don't care. Thank god my car is garaged 24/7 or it would be in the same condition as her car. The only thing you should try to do is park behind and in front of a newer car that has an absolutely flawless front or back bumper. That shows that they take care of their car like you take care of yours.
Old 10-11-04, 02:03 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

I try to park next to nicer cars whevever I can because I know we're usually like-minded. I try to save trips to the mall or grocery store for late nights and in the middle of the week so I'm not dealing with packed parking lots. And I agree, in 99% of these cases if the offender just got out and said "geez, I'm sorry" everything would be okay...but most of the time the offender tries to blame everything under the sun but himself (i.e. "well if the parking spaces were bigger"..."well if you pulled up more this wouldn't have happened" or my personal favorite "it's not that bad"). The last thing you need to be doing when you're at fault is trying to misdirect blame or trying to make it out to be "nothing to worry about" I just try to wear Timberlands all the damn time now and if/when someone does screw with my car they'll get a boot to their's..simple as that.

I wonder how they'd react if I went, "yeah...you're right it's not that bad. I'd just feel better about it if you let me damage your bumper in return...here, how's that for you?" and see how they react to that
Old 10-11-04, 03:52 PM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

I've found a much simpler method of getting my revenge.
I get bumped an average 1 out of 3 times that I parallel park.
Luckily enough, 1 of the spots is at my barber shop and is usually at a parallel park spot across the street (meter).
If there are cars parked in front or behind me, I'll write down both their plates before I leave the car.
I watch out the window while I get my haircut.
When I see my car move as one of the cars is leaving or another coming in, I'll walk over and confront the wrongdoer(making sure I have their plate # before our convo even begins)
If the damage is minor, and they are sincerely apologetic, I'll let it go.(no point in making trouble for nice people)
If they start saying stupid **** or making noise, I tell them I'm going to need to see thier insurance information.
If they say "no", tell them you're gonna call the cops.
Now if they give you their info, report it to THEIR insurance company and get reimbursed.
If they still say no and leave, report it to your insurance as a hit-and-run and make sure your insurance company gets their plate #.
It's worked for me and it can work for you.
Just make sure you actually see it happen because if you report a random hit and run based on the assumption that the car you parked next to did it, you might end up getting screwed because it was in fact another car that did the damage.

Good luck.
~Alan

Quick Reply: People cannot park!!!!