Peace,
Jonny
Old 10-31-04, 05:39 PM
jeremyp111
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by laxdude362
Hey jeremyp111
Where did you get your carbon fiber dash kit and how much? Also have you thought about ordering the carbon fiber pieces that replace your stock wood from http://www.importtoys.com/ ?
I got the carbon fiber kit from autoaccessorystore.com. At first I didn't like it, but It's really starting to grow on me the more I drive the car. It's different and the real carbon fiber has that nice 3D appearance to it. The pics don't do it justice as it looks 10x better when you see it in person. I've been thinking of painting the wood black to go along with the carbon fiber but I'm not sure yet. Maybe something for over the winter.
Old 11-05-04, 07:17 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Nice and Clean. The way to be.

Full Res Here.
Old 11-05-04, 07:34 AM
laxdude362
Lexus Test Driver

niiice interior man, i love the steering wheel and the silver around the dash
Old 11-05-04, 08:19 AM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

nice and clean...the way i like it too! i really want to swap steering wheels as well but I don't feel like losing my griffin on my airbag just yet

is that an rx300 steering wheel? or the newer 98+ SC wheels?

also, did you just paint over your wood? looks like how the Soarers have it...

one more thing...what is that in your flip down cupholder area?

Last edited by ACleanSC4; 11-05-04 at 08:20 AM.
Old 11-05-04, 08:40 AM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Jose... I didn't know u were rollin like that bro..lol
U got a pm me about the wheel
Old 11-05-04, 08:54 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Originally posted by ACleanSC4
nice and clean...the way i like it too! i really want to swap steering wheels as well but I don't feel like losing my griffin on my airbag just yet

is that an rx300 steering wheel? or the newer 98+ SC wheels?

also, did you just paint over your wood? looks like how the Soarers have it...

one more thing...what is that in your flip down cupholder area?
Tony...

It's a Camry wheel. The RX ones are either wood BLEH or perforated. I didn't want either. Plus the Camry wheels are 50 bux while the RX wheels are 300+ used. The airbag is indeed RX single-stage and functional. The cruise control is 100% functional as well.

The wood is painted gunmetal, yes. So is the center console. This gunmetal is used all over the outside of the car (lights, badges, wheels) so this is where it ties into the interior. (Hence the whole White and Gunmetal bit) The white thing in the cupholder is my Sunpass. It's Florida's electronic toll-paying transponder. I refuse to mount that on my windshield as they suggest haha. The slot seems like it was designed for it. Perfect fit.

Blktiger: haha c'mon man you can't be that surprised considering what we've been discussing so far. You know I like 'em clean.

EDIT: Now you see why I'm after a gray or black set of hazard, temp and volume controls. Someone needs to have these!

Last edited by CleanSC; 11-05-04 at 08:56 AM.
Old 11-05-04, 12:23 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by CleanSC
Tony...

It's a Camry wheel. The RX ones are either wood BLEH or perforated. I didn't want either. Plus the Camry wheels are 50 bux while the RX wheels are 300+ used. The airbag is indeed RX single-stage and functional. The cruise control is 100% functional as well.

The wood is painted gunmetal, yes. So is the center console. This gunmetal is used all over the outside of the car (lights, badges, wheels) so this is where it ties into the interior. (Hence the whole White and Gunmetal bit) The white thing in the cupholder is my Sunpass. It's Florida's electronic toll-paying transponder. I refuse to mount that on my windshield as they suggest haha. The slot seems like it was designed for it. Perfect fit.

Blktiger: haha c'mon man you can't be that surprised considering what we've been discussing so far. You know I like 'em clean.

EDIT: Now you see why I'm after a gray or black set of hazard, temp and volume controls. Someone needs to have these!
that's some CLEAN interior you got there! if you don't mind me askin', what year camry wheel is that? im assuming it's a 2002+?
Old 11-05-04, 01:40 PM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Originally posted by AutoCoutureSC
that's some CLEAN interior you got there! if you don't mind me askin', what year camry wheel is that? im assuming it's a 2002+?
Thanks, man.

Yep that's a current generation Camry SE wheel.
Old 11-05-04, 03:47 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by CleanSC
Thanks, man.

Yep that's a current generation Camry SE wheel.
that's awesome! i think siniquezu's girlfriend has a 2003 camry. I'm going to punk hers. LOL
Old 11-05-04, 03:59 PM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

OMG I WANT THAT STEERING WHEEL

So that would bolt up to my 92 SC3?
Old 11-05-04, 04:01 PM
0l33l
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since you can transfer airbags from other cars, why not just go out and get a used MR2 or Celica steering wheel and use your stock airbag?
Old 11-06-04, 01:59 AM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

MR2 and Celica wheels are sharp... I tried 2 versions of MR2 wheels.. JDM non airbag and stock.. the supra 3 spoke is sweet but hard to find and verrrry pricey...
I may have to "cop" a camry...lol

And CleanSC.... now i know why they call u clean..lol... i will resume my search this weekend for your *****... btw.. your interior is tan or gray? keep up the good work
Old 11-06-04, 11:00 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Originally posted by AutoCoutureSC
that's awesome! i think siniquezu's girlfriend has a 2003 camry. I'm going to punk hers. LOL
Remember it has to be a Camry SE. All others have 4-spoke wheels.

Originally posted by /Aerostar\
OMG I WANT THAT STEERING WHEEL

So that would bolt up to my 92 SC3?
Well mine's a '92 SC so what do you think?

Originally posted by 0l33l
Since you can transfer airbags from other cars, why not just go out and get a used MR2 or Celica steering wheel and use your stock airbag?
MR-2 and Celica steering wheels are different from the SC 4-spokes so the airbags won't fit. I know cuz I have both cars. BUT! If you get any of those wheels with the matching bag, you're good to go.

Originally posted by blktiger12
MR2 and Celica wheels are sharp... I tried 2 versions of MR2 wheels.. JDM non airbag and stock.. the supra 3 spoke is sweet but hard to find and verrrry pricey...
I may have to "cop" a camry...lol
Well that Supra 3-spoke looks much the same as the RAV4 3-spoke to me... Just grab one of those. Or IS300. I mean there's TONS of wheels for you guys to choose from... Any of them as long as they are single stage airbag should work. IS, Celica, Camry, Corolla, RAV4, Matrix, RX, GS, and all generations of either. They are all nice upgrades but you just need to get the airbag to match the wheel.

The problem most people have with this upgrade is the cost. It's NOT cheap. Regularly expect to pay at LEAST $600 (and this is a steal, think more like $700+) for the RXwheel/chrome emblem combo. You can have it for less but it will take months of deal searching. Any of the other wheels will be much less. The chrome emblem airbag is the most expensive because the single stage chrome airbag is quite rare and fetches a premium on the used market.

Originally posted by blktiger12

And CleanSC.... now i know why they call u clean..lol... i will resume my search this weekend for your *****... btw.. your interior is tan or gray? keep up the good work
Haha yeah man. Must be clean in design and execution. I mean I scrub my rotor hats and calipers when I wash the car... I might be a little psycho. But it's the way I like it.

My interior is tan. But the center console is now gunmetal. So I'd need gray to match that, or black to match the radio. Either is fine as long as it is not brown.

Thanks for all the compliments, all.
Old 11-06-04, 11:05 AM
dinh626
Pole Position

So is your setup a camry se wheel with an rx airbag?

Quick Reply: Post a pic of your dash setup