SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

supra seats on sc

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-04, 06:43 AM
MongolKhan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok Guys,
I am planning on buying Sparco Evo seat, so if i get seat brackets for Supra MKIV, it will fit my SC300 right? Just want to make sure before i spend my money.
Thanks for any info.
Old 10-20-04, 06:48 AM
bean_8044
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as i know, only the MKIV(JZA8) is interchangable with the SC(JZZ) chassis. So yes, they will fit if they're for a MKIV supra
Old 10-20-04, 10:51 AM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Originally posted by AutoCoutureSC
indypwr, you don't remember?
dang man, tony hooked you up! that set he had was CHEAP. i'd pick it up if i were you.

the HID pics will not be posted on CL. sorry
well, i do remember the price for the whole set........but i dont remember for just
the three pcs.....

ill send him pm.

if he still has it by next week, ill get it for sure........
Old 10-20-04, 10:54 AM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Unhappy

been pouring rain lately in southern cali........still dont hv time to install the seats....
im hoping this wknd........or as soon as the sky clears out!!!.........
Old 10-20-04, 11:08 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

ATTN: Anyone with Supra seats....

Are the headrests supposed to be adjustable up and down? There's a plastic handle on the side of the headrest, but as far as I can' tell it doesn't do anything
Old 10-20-04, 11:16 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally posted by lex400sc
ATTN: Anyone with Supra seats....

Are the headrests supposed to be adjustable up and down? There's a plastic handle on the side of the headrest, but as far as I can' tell it doesn't do anything
arent the headrest one whole piece with the rest of the seat?
Old 10-21-04, 12:03 AM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

you guys will hate me for doing this another teaser evaluation........

well, it stopped raining for the rest of the day and i decided to install the supra seats. i thought it would be really hard to do the job and man, that was an easy one! first of, when you hear others say that our stock seats weighs more than the supra seats, believe it or not, it was a big difference!! unscrwed four 14mm bolts, two up front and two in the back, lifted the seats and they were damn heavy! i managed to carry them out of the car and as soon as i grabbed the supra seats.............i was like.................what the f@#$k!!
supra seats are so much lighter due to..............im not sure really.............hehe

i clipped and sliced two wires, blue with white and black with white. that is all you need to do to get power on the seats, which is for the driver side. the passnger side, you dont need to clip/slice any wires.

took me 30 mins to finish the install as it was getting dark. test drove the car and it felt more sporty!!!
it does feel like you're sitting 1inch lower compared to our stock seats. it felt so different that now i have to get used to it. i was making quick turns, left and right, and the seats just hugs your entire back and does not let you slide at all. i was wondering if putting some washers or spacers on the bolts will actually raise the seats a little higher and therefore get a better view of the road.............that is if you're short!

well, like i said from the beginning, you will hate me after reading this evaluation cuz i have not taken any pics yet..........i found out my camera broke the other day and need to get a new one. i will take pics asap.

for those of you who are planning to swap supra seats on their sc, do it and you wont regret it.
i actually want to drive my car more now cuz i want to be able to adjust to the newly, more sporty feeling of the supra seats.

by the way, the headrest of the supra seats are not adjustable........that is the only downside, i think.
it does look like you can move it up and down but sorry guys.................it does not move.
Old 10-21-04, 04:44 AM
jcm3
Pole Position

There are 2 kinds of supra seats..one w/ the headrest built in and one that is seperate. The latter are not adjustable they only can be removed. In order to remove them you have to push under that plastic tab (not on it..it doesn't do anything) on the leather on both sides and they will pull out. There are buttons built under the leather that allows headrest removal. Search the supraforums and there is a pictorial.
Old 10-21-04, 06:24 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to hear you enjoyed yours so much. The guy I am getting mine from is sending mine out to me by the end of the week.