SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Got in accident, Car is screwed

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-04, 09:35 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Just a little reminder to everybody, and this is important to me that everyone does this.

PLEASE WEAR YOUR SEATBELTS!!! IT SAVED MY LIFE, AND WHEN THE TIME COMES, IT WILL SAVE YOURS TOO!!!
I would probably be dead or still in the hospital right now if I didnt wear mine. Just feel so damn lucky I came out with minor injuries.
Old 10-14-04, 10:08 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So glad your ok Calvin! Keep your head up and everything will be fine. Good luck and God Bless.

Bryan
Old 10-15-04, 06:26 AM
qtb33
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Calvin L
Just a little reminder to everybody, and this is important to me that everyone does this.

PLEASE WEAR YOUR SEATBELTS!!! IT SAVED MY LIFE, AND WHEN THE TIME COMES, IT WILL SAVE YOURS TOO!!!
I would probably be dead or still in the hospital right now if I didnt wear mine. Just feel so damn lucky I came out with minor injuries.
So true, mine saved me. I wrecked at about 80-100mph into a pole two trees and other things. Walked away with a scratch on my forehead from a piece of glass that projectiled into it.

Last edited by qtb33; 10-15-04 at 06:27 AM.
Old 10-15-04, 09:53 AM
ONe21
Driver

Well I was just released from the hospital, and Im probably going to see a chiropractor soon. Only thing Im worried about right now is my car and my left ear. I really dont want to go out, the whole way back home from the hospital, I was very paranoid that a car was going to hit me. Im very glad I came out alive.
Be careful when going to the chiropractor. Try and see a Upper Cervical Chiropractor, or at least talk to one. I know several people who have gone to them and they really helped them, and me, a lot. I don't want to get into a big OT discussion, but I just wanted to give a suggestion.

I know it sucks having your car all wrecked, but like many others said, at least you're ok.
Old 10-15-04, 02:20 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks majorly Cal...damn...that's my greatest fear, being plowed into by some old lady.. I mean once I stagger out of the wreckage it's not like I can whoop her azz or anything like I'd do to a man. Man that sucks. But...you live to ride another day, and that's what's really important...what city is the Friday 9pm meets held in?
Old 10-15-04, 02:51 PM
2jzsc3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by mikeloc24
That sucks majorly Cal...damn...that's my greatest fear, being plowed into by some old lady.. I mean once I stagger out of the wreckage it's not like I can whoop her azz or anything like I'd do to a man. Man that sucks. But...you live to ride another day, and that's what's really important...what city is the Friday 9pm meets held in?
its in rowland heights.. about a block east of the Puente Hills mall on Colima at the In N Out parking lot..
Old 10-15-04, 05:28 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Yea, what Ken said, I guess you'll be coming down 60 east? just exit Azusa, turn right on Azusa, Left on Colima, and look out for the IN N OUT.

And yea, you're right, I live to ride another day, I guess I would've gotten really pissed if it was a guy who hit me, but the 44 year old woman was all small and skinny and bleeding, felt a little bad for her.

I went to take a few pictures today, I'll have it posted up in a few days. Damage isnt as bad as I thought it was. Here is a little list of all the things I think need to be fixed/replaced.

-windshield cracked
-fender crushed
-headlight crushed
-highbeam crushed
-front bumper crushed
-hood bent up
-license plate really crushed
-alignment may be screwed up
-air bags popped (both sides, sorry Lee forgot the pics)
It doesnt look like there is any damage to the frame.
Old 10-15-04, 05:30 PM
TopSCecreT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

you can buy my hood calvin
Old 10-15-04, 06:19 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sucks to hear man, good luck on the future

I still would have whopped the lady'sass, I take no prisoners.

Last edited by LOTC; 10-15-04 at 06:20 PM.
Old 10-15-04, 06:23 PM
TopSCecreT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by Lord of the Celsiors
sucks to hear man, good luck on the future

I still would have whopped the lady'sass, I take no prisoners.
LOL
Old 10-15-04, 07:28 PM
lexus4jess
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

Yea, what Ken said, I guess you'll be coming down 60 east? just exit Azusa, turn right on Azusa, Left on Colima, and look out for the IN N OUT.

And yea, you're right, I live to ride another day, I guess I would've gotten really pissed if it was a guy who hit me, but the 44 year old woman was all small and skinny and bleeding, felt a little bad for her.

I went to take a few pictures today, I'll have it posted up in a few days. Damage isnt as bad as I thought it was. Here is a little list of all the things I think need to be fixed/replaced.

-windshield cracked
-fender crushed
-headlight crushed
-highbeam crushed
-front bumper crushed
-hood bent up
-license plate really crushed
-alignment may be screwed up
-air bags popped (both sides, sorry Lee forgot the pics)
It doesnt look like there is any damage to the frame.
glad to hear your ok calvin.
Old 10-18-04, 12:27 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

a little update, I am doing better and can hear out of my left ear again. The abrasions on my face seem to be getting a little better, but it still looks I got in a fight . My car is still at the body shop awaiting the other party's insurance to clear so we can get an appraiser there to see what will be happening. Rain has been coming on and off for the past two days in Southern California. I really hoped that the shop has brought the car in or at least covered the car up so I wont get any rust...anywhere...

I have a few questions for anybody here thats been in my situation. Could you tell me what happened to you? was your car considered totaled or salvagable? What did you do?
If it comes down to it, should I start looking for another black on black Sc3?
or should I just keep my car and work on it.
Old 10-18-04, 12:33 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

a little update, I am doing better and can hear out of my left ear again. The abrasions on my face seem to be getting a little better, but it still looks I got in a fight . My car is still at the body shop awaiting the other party's insurance to clear so we can get an appraiser there to see what will be happening. Rain has been coming on and off for the past two days in Southern California. I really hoped that the shop has brought the car in or at least covered the car up so I wont get any rust...anywhere...

I have a few questions for anybody here thats been in my situation. Could you tell me what happened to you? was your car considered totaled or salvagable? What did you do?
If it comes down to it, should I start looking for another black on black Sc3?
or should I just keep my car and work on it.
don't think they're goign to salvage it, but if they do, PM me if you don't want to buy it back from the insurance company.
Old 10-18-04, 09:26 PM
southernsc
Lexus Champion

sorry to hear about the terrible misfourtune. glad to hear you are ok.
Old 10-19-04, 07:28 AM
dean s
Driver

thats the s#$%&s calvin but its like the saying goes"never cry for something that can't cry for you" its just a car and your ok except those battle scars,gives you a story to tell your grandkids check on what it will do to the value of your sc if its been in an accident and use that as well when you deal with the insurance ie:whether its a write off or not..and make sure they check your frame well {cross measure it etc.] that can real y screw you later. the tollerances for body panel ajustments are pretty tight on our sc's man..which I've found out when I was T-boned in july,and the body shop pointed out my car had been in a accident before that wasn't disclosed by the lot I bought it from,( f#$%ers ) and my frame is still off just a bit but hey ,WTF. if your frame is off it can look like your sc has just had a stroke.and your car will be a ***** to try and align the wheels.hope the old ldy's ok cause that can be pretty hard on them,their not all as tough and misserable as my mom!!!!!!
LOTS A LUCK WITH THE REBUILD MAN! hey it might be fun!
Dean

Quick Reply: Got in accident, Car is screwed