SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Got in accident, Car is screwed

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-04, 12:29 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally posted by dean s
thats the s#$%&s calvin but its like the saying goes"never cry for something that can't cry for you" its just a car and your ok except those battle scars,gives you a story to tell your grandkids check on what it will do to the value of your sc if its been in an accident and use that as well when you deal with the insurance ie:whether its a write off or not..and make sure they check your frame well {cross measure it etc.] that can real y screw you later. the tollerances for body panel ajustments are pretty tight on our sc's man..which I've found out when I was T-boned in july,and the body shop pointed out my car had been in a accident before that wasn't disclosed by the lot I bought it from,( f#$%ers ) and my frame is still off just a bit but hey ,WTF. if your frame is off it can look like your sc has just had a stroke.and your car will be a ***** to try and align the wheels.hope the old ldy's ok cause that can be pretty hard on them,their not all as tough and misserable as my mom!!!!!!
LOTS A LUCK WITH THE REBUILD MAN! hey it might be fun!
Dean
Hey man, thanks for sharing your experience/wisdom about this stuff. Right now I'm just waiting for the stupid police report to come through (takes 7-10 days, I hate waiting... ) After we get the insurance info, it should all be downhill from, or at least it should be..

And yes, my car HAS also been in an accident from the rear, prior to me getting the car, the used car lot also failed to let me know, but maybe that is because carfax does not even show it.
Im not sure if I had any engine or tranny problems, since my shifter plate popped up from the collision?
Old 10-20-04, 05:41 AM
dean s
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Calvin sounds like something got twisted besides you if your shifter plate popped off you might even want to get a second frame shop to look at it .just in case someone missed it and comes back to bite you in the *** later.and make sure you write down your upgrades to the sc "time.labour,parts" for when your dealing with the insurance company they can be pretty shifty and I can think of a couple of other choice words!!!!
Dean
Old 10-20-04, 04:24 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

so heres whats happening now.

My lawyer just told me that the insurance companies dont base their claims off KBB, they do it off how many cars around a 50-70 mile radius have the same year, make, model, and stuff like that. I DO NOT want to lose money off of my car, so could I just go to Lexus and have them print out a paper for me saying that a 1995 black/black auto is somewhat rare? Or would I just be dreaming if that were true. I did some looking around on autotrader and didnt really find too many SCs with the same mileage.
Old 10-20-04, 06:17 PM
dean s
Driver

hey man thats what 'ld do!also get a paper and just start keeping track on resale prices their asking {keep the clasifieds adds) then you'll have the lexus figures and the rest to make your pitch and like most lawyers yours is going to do as little as possable,it'll be in your hands or he'll be charging you 6 bills an hour for looking that **** up.
good luck,Dean
Old 10-21-04, 12:39 PM
SC4Hundred
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't forget to add tax, license and registration fee when negotiating for a settlement.
Old 10-25-04, 03:01 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Well I have a couple pictures of the damages, if anybody can tell me what they think whether it is totaled, or fixable. How much the damages would be, that'd be cool.

Old 10-26-04, 07:32 AM
dean s
Driver

hey thats just a little kiss, they'll fix that up no problem.new bumper ,hood and fender you'll be back in the saddle.make sure they use new parts only .
good luck,Calvin
Dean
Old 10-26-04, 10:35 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

i've had alot of people just tell me they think its totaled. I'm still waiting on the adjuster..
Old 10-26-04, 10:42 AM
carnal_c30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Calvin L
i've had alot of people just tell me they think its totaled. I'm still waiting on the adjuster..
it might be, the hood shifted alot, might have shifted other things... how do the passenger side panels fit up?

dude I'm sorry to hear about your accident, man I really get scared when there are old people driving. Over in San Marino old people just cruise through the stop signs all the time its really scary how inattentive they are.

I'm selling my 95 red/tan SC4 if ya need one! j/p I hope its not totaled, black on black SCs are rare
Old 10-26-04, 10:55 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

if I were to look for a new car, it would have to be black on black. I don't see why an older woman not paying attention would have to make me drive something I don't enjoy driving.

this is why Im hoping they let me fix it back up.
Old 10-26-04, 11:16 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 329 Likes on 237 Posts

Calvin....I have some images of hope for you. Don't know if you saw my car after i crashed it a little over a year ago, but take a look. Pictures are at the bottom of page 1 and top of page 2.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=94026

black 94 SC300...I still have it but haven't driven it in a couple months since i am away from home. over $8500 in damages total after an initial estimate of just under $7700...you can tell what needed replacing from the pics...just about the entire front end. Tell me what you think. I think you can breathe a little easier, but i know that these things all depend on your insurance adjuster/company and your location.
Old 10-26-04, 11:27 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by LexSC888
Calvin....I have some images of hope for you. Don't know if you saw my car after i crashed it a little over a year ago, but take a look. Pictures are at the bottom of page 1 and top of page 2.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=94026

black 94 SC300...I still have it but haven't driven it in a couple months since i am away from home. over $8500 in damages total after an initial estimate of just under $7700...you can tell what needed replacing from the pics...just about the entire front end. Tell me what you think. I think you can breathe a little easier, but i know that these things all depend on your insurance adjuster/company and your location.
man, thanks, your thread actually does help me breathe a little easier and stay on the positive side. Your damage was way worse than mine, and I DEFINATELY feel for you. It looks like the collision rocked your engine up a bit, was there any frame or engine damage? also, this is an odd question, but did the collision cause your shifter plate to pop up? Im thinking my car will have a good few thousand worth of damages, especially those damn $$$ airbags. Going to rent a car today, will be the first time I drive since the accident..and I am not looking foward to it..
Old 10-26-04, 11:41 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 329 Likes on 237 Posts

No frame damage and not much engine damage except for the bent part up front....luckily the tree didnt go any further into it. tree hit just to the left of the intake and stopped just before it. the shifter plate did not pop up per say, however, i have a feeling it suffered some damage that was overlooked. the next time the car was taken for inspection at the lexus dealer (had a free coupon ) they told me the plate needed to be replaced real soon. Still havent done that yet, but the cars about to hit 95k so next time its in the shop it will be done.
Old 10-26-04, 11:21 PM
dean s
Driver

see Calvin trees see worse than old folks,and travel a lot slower.we're lucky they don't let them on the freeway! get behind the wheel man its just like riding a bicycle
Dean
Old 10-26-04, 11:39 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by dean s
see Calvin trees see worse than old folks,and travel a lot slower.we're lucky they don't let them on the freeway! get behind the wheel man its just like riding a bicycle
Dean
rofl, I fell off of a big boy's bike when I was 6.

Last edited by G Star; 10-27-04 at 11:29 AM.

Quick Reply: Got in accident, Car is screwed