SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

I just gotta SAY Something about this!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-04, 09:33 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Angry I just gotta SAY Something about this!!!

My fellow Lexus owners,

I am not looking to start some crap here, but I must say that I get a bit perturbed whenever I am reading a post, and a fellow Lexus owner starts knocking down the car. To be perfectly honest, I do not understand it. I agree everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but if you drive the SC, and are unhappy with it, or feel it is not advanced enough, or outdated, or doesn't compare to whatever other sports coupe, sports car, sedan, etc; then why not just go and buy that other car, and join whatever forum supports that vehicle, and be happy with all of your positive posts? Muddying the water on our forum isn't productive, and I, quite frankly, do no appreciate it.

Yes, it is true, the SC300/SC400 has not been in production since 2000- so what???

Yes, it is true, the SC is expensive to maintain and repair- isn't every upscale car that is out of warranty???

Yes, it is true, the SC does not compare to the Aston, the Ferrari, the Lamborghini or the Porsche Carrera GT- and no other cars than the ones listed above do. These cars cost as much or more than most people's houses. Let's be real here.

Yes, ther are things that can be improved-OLT has taken up the challenge and done so with the cluster, HID retrofits are out, HP increases are available, etc.

Now-a-days, most of us like to mod our cars. The SC is an excellent car to mod...IMHO

So, if you have a negative comment, unless it is productive due to needing help on the forum, then how about keeping it to yourselves, and post on subjects that positively move this forum forward?

Thanks,

Ryan

Last edited by SC400T; 10-24-04 at 09:35 AM.
Old 10-24-04, 09:48 AM
Dynasty SC
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dunno... IMO you should let people say what they want to say... this is a forum for people to express their opinions, whatever they may be. we dont want to only see the good and not the bad. that just makes us seem super biased. you hate it because ppl are saying something bad about something u love.... but thats their right and they should be able to share their opinions just as much as you...
Old 10-24-04, 10:13 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I understand your point. We could go on and on about freedom of speech, and rights and such, and all we would have is a long argument about who is right and who is wrong. Of course, then we have those that complain about such things but don't even vote. I guess that is their freedom as well- to choose whether or not to vote. I can see that this thread is going to probably become very heated. I should not have even started it.

Mods, can you please close this one? It is not worth going through the headache, IMHO...

Ryan

Last edited by SC400T; 10-24-04 at 10:17 AM.
Old 10-24-04, 12:16 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally posted by Dynasty SC
i dunno... IMO you should let people say what they want to say... this is a forum for people to express their opinions, whatever they may be. we dont want to only see the good and not the bad. that just makes us seem super biased. you hate it because ppl are saying something bad about something u love.... but thats their right and they should be able to share their opinions just as much as you...
I believe you have a say in things up until the point that its just going to **** everybody off. If someone posts pictures of their car up, and it does not satisfy everybody, can you just plain say how you feel about it and call it a tacky piece a crap? Nah, I think most of us are better than that. To a touchy subject like this, there are many variables. I think sc400t is right about the "if you dont like it, dont buy it and b*tch about it, get another car and join another forums."

btw sc400T, I know exactly who you're talking about, and I feel exactly the same way.
Old 10-24-04, 12:21 PM
TopSCecreT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: I just gotta SAY Something about this!!!

Originally posted by SC400T
The SC is an excellent car to mod...IMHO
YES THEY ARE
Old 10-24-04, 12:39 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

Let me give you an example of what not to do.

Originally posted by NRG

That's rice
Seems harmless enough, right? It was until it became a broken record. This is one of only hundreds of examples (search the user name) of what led to NRG being banned from Club Lexus. What you have to understand is that this is a community and the community has to get along. If there is strife and it is continual, it wil be dealt with. it isn't what you say, it's how many times you say it and how many people you end up upsetting in the process. Club Lexus is a "flow" and we intend to keep the flow steady and without strife.

Club Lexus is very respectful of people's opinions, and just about anything flies here, HOWEVER it is privately owned and it is Club Lexus, not the United States of America. You are only entitled to what rights you are given by the owner of this privately owned site.

that just makes us seem super biased. you hate it because ppl are saying something bad about something u love.... but thats their right and they should be able to share their opinions just as much as you...
Several Mercedes trolls have found out the hard way about the no strife rule.

Last edited by O. L. T.; 10-24-04 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-24-04, 12:45 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

Thread closed at the request of the OP.

Last edited by O. L. T.; 10-24-04 at 12:45 PM.