SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

New rims on the SC430, Pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-01, 09:52 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

exsilio,

Thanks for the info on the bumper.. How many miles have you put on so far??

BTW after seeing the rims they don't look that bad.. Not my cup of tea but it blends very nicely with the Millennium Silver paint.. Happy motoring.. When I get my ride I will post pictures..

Ken
Old 05-25-01, 02:13 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hoops - I think tint and lowering enhances the car. When you tint and lower a Lexus, it still looks NOTHING like a integra or civic and no one will mistake it for one. It's only when people start doing "ricer" things like adding huge wings, tons of stickers, "racer-like" wheels, neon, etc...that's when it starts going downhill.

Exsilo - If you have Navigation, Metallic Tint may affect your GPS reading...I would recommend NOT using metallic tint. I have non-metallic tint and I've used non-metallic tints for all my cars...my tints have held up perfectly every single time...just make sure you use something like 3M...don't get some "$99" tint job!

As far as them tinting the SC, it's shouldn't be a problem. There is nothing special about the SC's windows as far as tinting goes...

As far as a TRD sites goes, there isn't a "good one". The TRD USA site doesn't have anything for Lexus cars...only Toyota branded ones...and as far as I know, NO ONE makes anything for the SC yet...it's a little too new.

As for the brakes, you may also need to get a custom hat and mounting bracket made...you could probably work a deal with a supplier to prototype on your car...and they can break you a good deal on the package...of course, they'll probably need the car for a while or have you bring it back many times (do you have a second car?) V300 (over in the GS section) is working with Ziel to bring a "under $2000" brake kit for the GS...maybe Ziel would be willing to design/machine a SC430 hat and bracket...

Exsilio, too bad you don't want to go "all the way" with your SC430...you could pick up a LOT of aftermarket parts for cheap or free by allowing companies to prototype on your car...brakes, body kits, engine kits, suspension, etc...

If I had SC430, that's what I'd be doing!