SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

??? COOLANT/RADIATOR Question ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-02, 02:04 PM
Keith13b
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by The Ikon
It ran high on one occasion. The I changed and used an engine flush and it was okay.(I thought... )

A few days ago that's when I noticed the temp getting higher than normal. The all of a sudden it was normal again indicating it may be clogging again or something.

My wife and I went to around to check out a few shops and all of a sudden I looked over. The temp had shot to the red line and some of the coolant had boiled over ..some steam... I parked the car for about 15 minutes and drove it home the temp went up and down immediately.

Nearing home it was rising slightly above normal, and I parked it there .

This morning I just came from outside to check the car. Reservoir, oil, hoses and listen for any RATTLES or KNOCKS! (my biggest FEAR.. my wife's car was run hot and had to replace the Heads...) The car after about 8 minutes started to run high after I went for a small test run. I stopped that immediately. I do not want to mess up anything! I will flush it out once again today or tomorrow.

Should I change my thermostat again? Could it get blocked from this if it is clogged again? Wouldn't the check engine light come on if it get to hot, because it did not?

Thomas
Ikon,

Have you changed the thermostat at all? Also, infrequent rises in temp are sometimes caused by air getting trapped in the lines somewhere. You might want to look into a coolertemp thermostat if you plan on changing it.

Anyway, I read this thread quickly, so sorry if my question has already been addressed.

Good luck-
Keith