SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Picking my SC4 tomorrow!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-04, 08:32 AM
cheungsta
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Vegassc400
Congrats on your new ride. It can easily become an obsession (in a good way). Enjoy!
LoL...so true...for the last couple days I've done nothing except read through this forum looking for different mods I can do. Now if I could just find the funds to do them all.....
Old 11-26-04, 08:38 AM
sourcemine
Lead Lap

Originally posted by cheungsta
LoL...so true...for the last couple days I've done nothing except read through this forum looking for different mods I can do. Now if I could just find the funds to do them all.....
We so need a new SC mod day.. :-)

I think from my readings so far, since we live near TME, first cheaper yet worthy mods are doing those diazen bushings, and I'm still trying to find out what sways, but adding new sways. You'll still retain ride quality, but have a firmer ride and more control. TME can do the installs as well.

Besides any repairs you need to do or maintence that is of course. I am having all the door dings and dents taken out of mine this week, replacing the glass and working on a deal to get HID's installed, I will also try and add the XM radio soon. I ALSO need to replace 1 climate control bulb, than I can focus money on modding, would like to get everything else done first.

Then once the things running good, I forsee that dragon TQ being a worthy upgrade, and I am still trying to figure out about the ECU upgrade. My suspension is fine for me, but it looks like tokico + eibach or something is a nice improvement, yet alot firmer.

I read one article that you need longer studs to install a STB(strut tower brace), and most need washers or what not, I can't find anyone saying, "wow this thing rocks", yet. so I'm not sure the worthyness, I have seen that in the searches and faq's for the bushings and sways.
Old 11-26-04, 10:29 AM
siaxazn
Lead Lap

the money pit has got to you already. soon enough you will have spent more on mods then you paid for the car. But at least you didnt get a sc300 or else you would be thinking about turbos and engine swaps.
Old 11-26-04, 10:48 AM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by siaxazn
the money pit has got to you already. soon enough you will have spent more on mods then you paid for the car. But at least you didnt get a sc300 or else you would be thinking about turbos and engine swaps.
This is so true....I think my car is only worth a few grand..LoL.....and I've already dump thousands into it....

Source and Cheung, don't forget there will be a meet mext month on the 11th....you'll have the opportunity to meet lots of members....and the more SC's the better...

Click here for more details....
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=136120
Old 11-26-04, 11:35 AM
cheungsta
Lead Lap

Originally posted by SC400Dude
Source and Cheung, don't forget there will be a meet mext month on the 11th....you'll have the opportunity to meet lots of members....and the more SC's the better...

Click here for more details....
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=136120
Thanks for the invite...I should be able to make it - right after my finals! *yeah!*
Old 11-28-04, 12:48 PM
cheungsta
Lead Lap

Default FINALLY got pictures

I just finished washing / waxing my car...so I took a couple of pics. It's bone stock (well...I put 9005 Silverstar bulbs in...) Just thought I'd share.

I cleaned my stock chrome wheels as well as I could, but I was wondering what products do you guys use to really clean them off, and bring out a nice BLINGIN' shine...
Old 11-28-04, 12:51 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Wow that car is clean. Looks like you have brand new headlights as well. Your wheels look pretty shiney as they are already. Have fun with it.
Old 11-28-04, 03:53 PM
Celsior Master
Lexus Test Driver

nice looking car, congrats!
Old 11-28-04, 03:56 PM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Amazingly clean . As for the chrome, use Mothers Chrome Polish, then seal with Klasse AIO and SG... Blang blang

Last edited by /Aerostar\; 11-28-04 at 03:56 PM.
Old 11-28-04, 06:20 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That thing is clean.....where is the Rusnak where you bought this SC located at?? I know there is one in T.O.
Old 11-28-04, 06:27 PM
sourcemine
Lead Lap

I'm guessing pasadena, since silverstar has the TO lexus.. same building as cadillac.
Old 11-28-04, 07:50 PM
cheungsta
Lead Lap

Actually, I got the car off a friend...who I think just put the Rusnak dealership sign on until I get my plates (later this week)...LoL
So I have no clue where Rusnak is loacted guys...sorry...
Old 11-28-04, 08:53 PM
southernsc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats hot lookin! i wish i my rims where chrome like that. very nice buy
Old 11-29-04, 01:25 AM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Old 11-29-04, 11:58 AM
bing1985
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by cheungsta
Actually, I got the car off a friend...who I think just put the Rusnak dealership sign on until I get my plates (later this week)...LoL
So I have no clue where Rusnak is loacted guys...sorry...
doink! - that's funny -

Clean and pretty! very nice -

Quick Reply: Picking my SC4 tomorrow!!!