SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What scrapes on the SC coupes?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-04, 08:25 AM
qtb33
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have some scraps on the platic underside engine cover, or whatever you want to call it. Mostly b/c the washer have seemed to pull through the plastic that holds it up. Other than that I don't.
Old 12-01-04, 08:35 AM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by sourcemine
anyone in CA will know the entrances to shopping centers suck, and my complex in west hollywood has a underground parking and I scrape coming in and out, try to go very slow, since I'm approaching a busy sidewalk too, but it still scrapes coming out and going in.
Those entrances do suck a$$.....I'm stock height and some of those shopping centers catch me off guard..LoL
Old 12-01-04, 09:19 AM
cheungsta
Lead Lap

Originally posted by laxdude362
How the hell did you fit 6 people in your car?? LOL
I was kinda puzzled too. 6 people in a SC?? Well, I guess it can be done...I fit 7 people in my (former, RIP) 2001 Eclipse...and man did THAT scrape EVERYWHERE.....LoL
Old 12-01-04, 01:38 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me tell you guys, 6 can be done I have even done 7 once in my car. It was only for like 5-6 miles, it was bc we were stranded somewhere and we only had my car to get back. 3 guys in the back seat and a girl laying on top of them, 2 girls straddling each other in the front seat, sitting face to face, and then ME hahahah it was great, I have pics of it.

But getting to the subject of scraping, I have a bone stock suspension its just that the car is 9+ years going on 10 and the suspension has begun to sag a bit. So it sits a bit lower than normal, every time I have 1 or more passengers and if it’s a good sized bump I will scraps pretty badly and its mostly the cross-member I think, the thump sound comes right from under the engine. And yes I have scraped my exhaust too; both the tips and the muffler canister when going up and down really steep driveways here in LA.

Tommy
Old 12-01-04, 03:09 PM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh man, I scrape like crazy going over speed bumps at a decent speed. It seems as though either my frame or MAYBE LCA's hit? Prolly my frame. But its worth it, I just love rollin into my school parking lot slowly going over each speed bump one wheel at a time. And if someone behind me honks, it only makes me go slower
Old 12-01-04, 03:39 PM
WestOne
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by OlschoolGs
6 people in a bone stock 1995 Sc300. Scrapped going up shopping center driveways.
I hope most of them were chicks
Old 12-02-04, 04:28 PM
carnal_c30
Lexus Test Driver

The SC scrapes pretty bad when its lowered... the front over hang is enormous... especially next tot he bimmer, I bet the bimmer at 2.5inches lower scrapes less than the SC

over in SoCal... man the driveways suck sometimes, my friends apt complex garage in Culver City is so bad it alllllmost beaches my stock height SC (beaching is when ya get the front bumper over and the front wheels but as you go over a hump the frame rails or exhaust piping taps the ground.

one reason I dont want to lower the SC... my 240 gets stuck everywhere, and my Maxima will slide on subframe connectors.... I need something to drive
Old 12-02-04, 08:54 PM
OlschoolGs
Driver

3 girls and 3 guys i believe it was a while ago. there was me, 2 girls a friend in the back, and in the front my bro and a girl.
Old 08-01-05, 12:39 AM
dough boi
Pole Position

I'm lowered with a single exit exhaust, and it scrapes on EVERYTHING, I have to angle my car for everything, in and out of my driveway, dips, almost all driveways, and even if I think it's not going to scrape, it scrapes. Most driveway's its only my exhaust that scrapes, but some steep ones its my bumper and exhaust, even if I angle.. alot.
Old 08-01-05, 04:17 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by One HoT
Do you have stock suspension or is your car lowered? Do you have aftermarket wheels, if so what size? In stock form, SC's does not scrape at all..
yes it does.
Old 08-01-05, 05:19 AM
dough boi
Pole Position

Unless its a very steep driveway/dip you won't scrape stock. With the front lip on it scrapes, but other than that, it's not too bad.
Old 08-01-05, 05:51 AM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On my car its that damn $1000 JIC Exhaust! lol-

DOH-

This is how I look everytime I drive over a bump-

And when I scrape and have nothing left to do but finish the bump or dip while scraping-
Old 08-01-05, 05:53 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by lexiss_sc400
2 girls straddling each other in the front seat, sitting face to face... I have pics of it.
And these pics are not posted because....?

Scraping happens at many locations on the SC.

As was mentioned, the front overhang causes all sorts of problems. My car is lowered over 2" AND has a front lip and it scrapes all over the damn place. Brian, I've have to put a few layers of fiberglass on my lip to build it back up so I know how that goes.

If the scraping is on the undercarriage then it's most likely the frame rails. There are runs that go down either side of the car that protect the fuel and brake lines.

If it's in the wheel wells it's the infamous wiring harness over the tires. This will only be a problem to the guys that are lowered.
Old 08-01-05, 08:49 AM
cheungsta
Lead Lap

^ agreed...why aren't those pics posted?!
Old 08-01-05, 10:32 AM
texsn95
Rookie

Originally Posted by mungrin
most likely the sway bar bushings
Uh....no...

Quick Reply: What scrapes on the SC coupes?