SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

$500 for a window regulator???

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-04, 11:48 AM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have yet to figure out why you guys are paying so much? the only reasons i can think of are:

1. you're replacing more than i did, but i did replace the entire regulator assembly (minus the motor - that was still good)
2. you're including dealership labor costs in your numbers you're providing.

if your motor is still good and you just need to replace regulator (white piece, cable, track etc) then it should cost NO MORE than $100. it is a very DIY project that will take an hour tops. if you need the assembly call your local dealership, if not then look up mine on the internet. bobby rahal lexus in mechanicsburg, pa. hope that helps you guys.
Old 12-15-04, 05:34 PM
RalAegidius
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by sc4canada
I just replaced mine.... One Lexus dealership told me over 500 but THEY wanted to replace the motor as well because they said it comes together with the regulator Called another lexus dealer he quoted me a better price to fix just the regulator and their parts dep. said the regulator and motor DO NOT come together.
That's interesting because my shop told me the same thing -- that the regulator and the motor come together as one part ($586 for a new one), and I didn't think that was the case. The shop manuals, however, do show them as a single part, IIRC.
Old 12-15-04, 06:32 PM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by RalAegidius
That's interesting because my shop told me the same thing -- that the regulator and the motor come together as one part ($586 for a new one), and I didn't think that was the case. The shop manuals, however, do show them as a single part, IIRC.
i swear you guys must have different cars than me.

the regulator and motor are NOT one unit! when i replaced my broken regulator assembly, i got a new assembly from lexus and put it in with the same motor still in place. there is a place for it in the assmebly... just drops right in. please PLEASE do not pay $500 or whatever you guys are paying. i would be HAPPY to help you get new parts from my dealership if need be. i just don't like seeing wrong information being thrown about. i'm here to help.
Old 12-15-04, 06:33 PM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

oh by the way... if your regulator is the only thing bad and the motor still works (i.e. still makes noise when you push your window button but nothing happens) you do not need to replace the motor. only the window regulator assembly.