SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

changing bulbs...

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-04, 08:38 PM
cheungsta
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default changing bulbs...

I know that all the different bulbs throughout the SC has been the topic of multiple threads, and I have spent hours reading through them...but I'm still having trouble finding out to change the turn signal (amber colored) bulbs...I've read that removing the entire headlight housing is the easiest (and least painful) way to access all the bulbs, but can I change those amber bulbs without removing the housing? I've already changed out the parking lights w/o removing anything (and that was PAINFUL......)

Secondly, to change out the bumper lights / sidemarker lights, I must go through the panel in the front wheel wells, right? I've only found one thread where someone mentioned that the sidemarker housing is held by two bolts, and that it's pretty easy to remove, once you get behind the panel in the wheel well...is this correct? Just thought I'd ask before I go digging around....

Oh, and for those of you who changed the lenses of your sidemarkers to clear...what chrome did you use to paint the inside of your sidemarker light housing? Just any chrome paint from Home Depot? Or does it need to be high temp. paint? Not too sure how hot it gets in that little light....

Old 12-10-04, 09:12 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

you just reach in and twist it out
Old 12-12-04, 04:42 PM
cheungsta
Lead Lap

I tried again to remove the turn signal bulbs, and I can't figure out how to disconnect the wireharness...and esp. the right turn signal, there's pratically no space to squeeze my hand in! help?!?! (sorry if I seem like I'm asking an obvious question, but I really just figure out how to remove these bulbs.....)
Old 12-13-04, 07:42 AM
cheungsta
Lead Lap

Thanks vredniykot! That was the kinda advice I was looking for...now let's see if I can follow it....
Old 12-14-04, 01:46 PM
cheungsta
Lead Lap

FINALLY finished making my DIY clearcorners - man, waiting for the chrome paint to dry, then waiting for the sealant to dry & cure takes a loooooong time...

Anyways, I think they turned out okay...up close you can kinda see that they aren't perfect...but you really have to be looking at them, and pretty close to tell...here's a few pictures...

I put in a silver painted orange bulb (found a vendor that sells the bulbs for a decent price...) I also have his bulbs in for my turn signals...I like the orange color better than the amber, when the bulbs are lit up. Here's a pic with the light on...