SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

so much for keeping the car stock...

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-04, 09:11 PM
ant1k
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that sounds gud - i just had a complete fluid flush- fan,brake,powersteering, and trans.cept for engine oil - just had it changed a lil bit ago

Last edited by ant1k; 12-26-04 at 09:12 PM.
Old 12-26-04, 11:19 PM
SC4Hundred
Lead Lap

any good mechanics in the rosemead area?
Old 12-29-04, 06:50 PM
RalAegidius
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you'll enjoy that spring/shock combo. I have that exact setup on my car and the handling is SO much better. Just be careful going over speed bumps.
Old 12-30-04, 07:17 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by siniquezu
These aren't mods....
I would most definately call them mods!!! In the context that his car will be better than it was prior. Too many fools out there drive around flaunting all the "work" they've done to their cars like, "dig my rims. and check the new exhaust." then you look at the exhaust and blue smoke is leaking out. You ask about the pinging and rattling from the engine and he says that he's overdue for an oil change and the spark plugs date back to 1951. Hey what's that knock from under your car? "oh, my suspension bushings look like the fat lady at the carnival just stood on them they are so squashed. But damn my rims look hot!"
There should be a law that prevents people from performing "mods" until they at least have a mechanically sound vehicle!

Sorry, went on a rant there. Pent up frustration at the coffee can fart pipe morons around town!
Old 12-30-04, 10:01 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Angry

Originally Posted by mkorsu
the coffee can fart pipe morons around town!
I hate them...
Old 12-30-04, 10:04 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
I hate them...

Yo Mike. Sorry to jack this thread but do you still want to do that deal we were discussing on the other thread? The JBL's?

Edit: I mean JL's
Old 12-30-04, 01:14 PM
RalAegidius
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There should be a law that prevents people from performing "mods" until they at least have a mechanically sound vehicle!
I'm with you there. I just shake my head every time I see an 80's Honda with body rust, big dents in the side, mismatched body panel colors and/or primer, and then the $2,000 wheels and the APC wing bolted onto the trunk lid.

I'm on a quest to restore my SC to good stock condition. That's going to involve new windshield glass, some body work, new trunk struts and a new seat belt in the immediate future. Got the window regulator fixed yesterday.
Old 12-30-04, 01:58 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Originally Posted by RalAegidius
I'm on a quest to restore my SC to good stock condition. That's going to involve new windshield glass, some body work, new trunk struts and a new seat belt in the immediate future. Got the window regulator fixed yesterday.

I'm with ya!!! I'll do some modding to my car in due time, but first I want everything else working as it should. I read a thread here once (don't recall from who though) showing how much he spent "modding" his car. But his "mods" were repairs doen only to bring the car back to showroom condition. I think he was roughly $8,000 into it and let me tell you. It was one of nicest stock SC's I've seen. All a matter of individual preference whether to go the stock route, highly modified, or slightly modified.

And as for the clapped out Honda's and the like. My first true mod is being planned! An oil slick button that will release oil out the back while they are behind me. Causing them to slide off the road and into a ditch!!
Old 01-03-05, 12:10 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Yo Mike. Sorry to jack this thread but do you still want to do that deal we were discussing on the other thread? The JBL's?

Edit: I mean JL's
Check your pm.