SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Little sumthin' I've been workin' on...

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-05, 07:09 AM
BoneDaddy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Technics
I'd be interested to know what your other "non-replaceable" rides are.
Oh, maybe the term "non-replaceable" means that they would range from difficult to impossible to find or cost-prohibitive to build again. Either that or I just can't live without them. Imagine that- getting attached to cars. Who would have thunk it?

And another......
Attached Thumbnails Little sumthin' I've been workin' on...-bugsta.jpg  

Last edited by BoneDaddy; 01-02-05 at 07:20 AM. Reason: context
Old 01-02-05, 07:13 AM
BoneDaddy
Driver School Candidate

Here's a couple more shots of the rear wing for the fans.....
Attached Thumbnails Little sumthin' I've been workin' on...-wing1.jpg  
Old 01-02-05, 07:19 AM
BoneDaddy
Driver School Candidate

O.L.T.-

Actually, I have considered minimizing the # of inlets in the front. Perhaps by blacking out the center piece beside the fog/driving lights so that it would appear as one opening instead of two. But then again, "4,000,000" is what I'm having to settle for since I couldn't readily get my hands on one of those gaping, wide mouth bumpers complete with faux carbon fiber wind diffusers. Maybe it's for the best- Home Depot doesn't carry 2'X4' gutter guard mesh. I checked.

Another angle.....
Attached Thumbnails Little sumthin' I've been workin' on...-wing2.jpg  
Old 01-02-05, 08:05 AM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice to see a different kit....
OLT ... I agree about the spoiler.. maybe a 97' spoiler would set that puppy off right...
Old 01-02-05, 08:32 AM
BoneDaddy
Driver School Candidate

I considered a 97+ spoiler, as well as a triple stacked nitro wing. I ended up with a "happy medium". Just didn't feel like it (97+) was much of a change from the previous lip spoiler. Esp. when going through the effort of filling in the trunk lid holes.
Old 01-02-05, 10:28 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BoneDaddy
I considered a 97+ spoiler, as well as a triple stacked nitro wing. I ended up with a "happy medium". Just didn't feel like it (97+) was much of a change from the previous lip spoiler. Esp. when going through the effort of filling in the trunk lid holes.
BoneDaddy:

I'm feeling your spoiler man, I think it fits real well, and sets the car apart nicely. The 97+ will just look like a 97+. Kudos to your efforts. I am not feeling the multiple holes in the front either, but it's your ride...

Ryan
Old 01-02-05, 07:41 PM
abboushi
Lexus Test Driver

your SC looks clean, i personally dont feel the wing but everything else looks good, on your ck1500 are those Rozzi switch's they look good, any more pics of your ck.
nice collection btw.

-Rashed
Old 01-02-05, 07:54 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400T
BoneDaddy:
The 97+ will just look like a 97+.

Ryan
if that's what it takes to make it look good, then i'm all for it. The reason why the '97 is so popular is because it was damn near a perfect wing. Not too high, fit flush, great shape, etc.....

I like being different too, but not at the expense of my rides overall appearance. This is O/T though because it is a separate conversation since i am not speaking of the OP's ride as the"other" example, just using one from nowhere.
Old 01-03-05, 05:21 AM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Out of curiosity..... Can any of you photochop guys do a chop on the font pic making the lower spoiler 1 solid piece, essentially eliminating the holes?
I wonder how hott that would look
Old 01-03-05, 06:08 AM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BoneDaddy
Oh, maybe the term "non-replaceable" means that they would range from difficult to impossible to find or cost-prohibitive to build again. Either that or I just can't live without them. Imagine that- getting attached to cars. Who would have thunk it?

And another......
I see what you mean, you definitely have a nice collection of unique vehicles. The truck looks really sharp, the beatle and hearse look better than new.

Last edited by Technics; 01-03-05 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-03-05, 11:24 AM
sourcemine
Lead Lap

The body kit, the wing, the hearse's... all gorgeous... even the rare oval window'd bug...
Old 01-03-05, 05:28 PM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

Sweet man, I like the kit! Where did you pick it up from?
Good work, and sorry to hear that you have to sell it!

-Josh
Old 01-03-05, 06:27 PM
BoneDaddy
Driver School Candidate

Wink

Josh-

Thanks! I got the kit from RodMillen. The manufacturer (Kaminari) makes it once the order is placed, as there are none sittin on the shelves, so there is some turn around time involved (on top of the body shop fitting the kit, paint matching, and taking their sweet a** time!). For the record, the side skirts are made with rectangular recesses on the side skirts, behind the front wheels, for their "emblem" to be placed. I had the areas filled for an smoother look.

Below is my favorite angle- from here, the rear wing is less pronounced, but visible nonetheless. If anything, the wing helps disguise the big round tail end on these SC. Not that I have anything against big, round tails.....

Sourcemine/Technics-

Appreciate the props on the Ragtop Oval ('57) and the "SINISTER" Sierra. It's from Cali, a fully restored example, 1941cc, so yeah, faster than you'd ever want to travel in a Bug. All you guys know how things get outta hand, as I have more invested in truck mods ALONE than I have in the Bug AND SC4 TOTAL combined!!! The aftermarket makes everything in the world for those trucks, and I end up buying them all for some reason (???) Here's a scenario for you- imagine getting out of the hearse and into the Bug. There could be no two cars that are at further, opposite ends of the spectrum. But those are 2 cars that I cannot live without. After selling the love of my life (NSX), I regretted it, and never again. Besides, you should see this place at Halloween!!
Attached Thumbnails Little sumthin' I've been workin' on...-lexfrontside2.jpg  

Last edited by BoneDaddy; 01-03-05 at 06:53 PM. Reason: pic
Old 01-04-05, 07:34 PM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the info on the kit!

I wish I could see pics of it on a red SC, from a lot of angles, cause the red car that they use as the advertisment doesn't look quite as good as it does on your car!

-Josh
Old 01-04-05, 08:09 PM
BoneDaddy
Driver School Candidate

Yeah Josh, those pics of the red SC on the site aren't the clearest in the world, however, it gave me enough to go on. It's hard to see alot of details in pics on darker colored cars, esp. black. The Veilside kit they offer features a black car, and that may be a good thing. There's probably more there I'd rather not see.

The SC4 that I looked at just prior to buying this one, was a red '95. I had my heart set on it. HOWEVER, it was an obvious (to me) previous accident vehicle. That red was almost enough to distort my better judgement. But my standards on "condition" overruled. I've been happy with the Cashmere though...easy maintenance....... In direct sunlight, it appears much lighter than it shows in the pics (cloudy day). Kinda like a silver-gold, if you will.

Quick Reply: Little sumthin' I've been workin' on...