SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

CCWs on a sc300?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-05, 11:41 AM
JSC300
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CCWs on a sc300?

I tryed searching for an sc300 with CCW wheels...can anyone supply these pics, i was thinking about getting some sometime. thanks
Old 01-04-05, 12:24 PM
jeremyp111
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here you go. It took me all of 10 seconds to do a search and, oh by the way, this thread is half way down P1.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=111899
Old 01-04-05, 12:32 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

nice wheels...nice AND pricey..lol
Old 01-04-05, 01:50 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

whats up justin... long time no see. too bad i missed you when i was up in MD. do you mean the ccw drag wheels... the mesh ones?
Old 01-04-05, 02:13 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
nice wheels...nice AND pricey..lol
pricey??
i think CCW's are a good price for their quality and look.

HRE's are pricey
Old 01-04-05, 08:56 PM
JSC300
Driver

whats up man yeah im busy alot...i mean the CCW drag mesh wheels, the link you sent are HRE's thanks though.
Old 01-04-05, 09:16 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

the owner of the pictured car says that they are CCW's which i agree with.
Old 01-04-05, 09:56 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

yea... SW's wheels are CCWs, but not the ones you are talking about. search for pics of chris threadgills car (quikturbo). i think his drag wheels are CCW mesh. i think there is a video with them on it.
Old 01-04-05, 10:52 PM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

SW's video's have them on his car. I ordered a new set of the drag wheels and they will be delivered soon, I'll have pics for you when the snow melts

Chris
Old 01-05-05, 06:28 AM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

i knew it was one of you two. i thought you had ccws on the car in the video when you went 10.1. i guess it was SW. my bad.
Old 01-05-05, 06:44 AM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Scott,

I only had the fronts on my car in that vid.
Old 01-05-05, 11:53 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by reamemiya
pricey??
i think CCW's are a good price for their quality and look.

HRE's are pricey
Oh lord....they're pricey TO ME. This is a statement that cannot be debated. If I sit and stare at a couple of G's on my coffee table I just can't bring myself to give it to someone for some frickin' rims, you and others may feel differently. That's your choice. I have other interests besides my car and those interests cost money as well

Last edited by mikeloc24; 01-05-05 at 12:04 PM.
Old 01-05-05, 12:24 PM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

what are your other interests? just curious, i agee with you, just curious to know your other interests if you don't mind answering.
Old 01-05-05, 12:51 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1993SCTT
what are your other interests? just curious, i agee with you, just curious to know your other interests if you don't mind answering.
Naw man, I don't mind sharing at all dude. There's a bunch of different stuff pulling at my money these days. I share a house with a roommate and we're in the process of fixing it up as it was in disrepair when we got it. We put in an entirely new kitchen and wash room. We also had to put a roof on the garage last summer and this past weekend the basement flooded due to this SoCal rain and ruined 2 brand new water heaters. We had to build a platform to elevate the new water heaters so that in the event of another flood they'd be spared a drowning. I'm still in my 20's and my roommate just turned 31 so needless to say we're not fully established yet.

I also told myself I need to have a travel fund as I haven't taken a trip (non-business related) in a very long time. I've been in LA most of my life and I need to see some new things and people before I start settling down and (gulp) thinking about marriage. I have a friend who takes at least 2 trips out of the country per year, I just took him to LAX last night as he's going to Costa Rica for a week. He went to Puerto Rico for a week a few months ago and had an amazing time. In talking to him he can afford to do this because he's not into modding, he has a Bronco and a Pontiac, but he really enjoys life. It made me think a lot about my own life and whether or not I was really enjoying it and getting everything out of it that I could. I realized that the money I was spending on modding my 12-year old car might be better used to create life experiences and memories for me. Like say for instance I have $800 and I had to choose between buying some nice coilovers for my car or taking an $800 trip out to NY to visit some fellow CL members such as yourself, Marcus (Technics), TLW, Dennis (OneHot), and others. I'd choose to spend my money on the trip, because the experience would be with me much longer than the coilovers would.

I also have a 3-year old daughter and I have begun to put away money for her future college expenses. I hate to sound cliche but I want to be the dad to her that I never had. We go to Chuck E. Cheeses and the movies, the park, museums, and different restaurants and I really get a kick out of some of the things she does and says. All that stuff costs money, and I'm not rich by any means, so I have to spend my money wisely. I grew up with nothing so to even be in the position I am now is amazing to me. All these things pull at my income, so I have to allocate accordingly. Basically it's like this, whenever I have a stockpile of disposable cash I have to think how I can use it to go about creating memorable experiences or enriching my or my daughter's life, not amassing more material BS in my life. Don't get me wrong I love rims and cars in general, but there comes a point where other things are more important in life. I personally would take a $3000 trip over a $3000 set of rims, but that's me. Hope this helps and sorry, didn't mean to threadjack...I only wanted to answer the question.

-Mike

Last edited by mikeloc24; 01-05-05 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-06-05, 11:19 AM
JSC300
Driver

so i take it no one has pics of the ccw mesh wheels on an sc300? lol

Quick Reply: CCWs on a sc300?