Should I be pleased or upset?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-05, 02:49 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aliga
mike, im just busting your chops.

put him onto clublexus, so he may appreciate the car he has. school the yungin.
I know dawg, it's all good, you know I can take it. Once I actually get to see the car up close I'll post up some pics. I'm trying to get a hold of the guy (my brother) so I can check the car out.

SliderSC-good question...let me explain. The guy started mouthing off that he wanted an F-150, brand new of course. Denied, obviously. Then said he wanted something else ridiculous, I forgot what, denied again. Then he starts to complain. I went to his house and picked him up one time and he said he liked my car. We started talking and I schooled him to all the potential that this vehicle has. Then he said he wanted one. I didn't think much of it because he flip-flops his opinions so often and thought eventually he'll change his mind again. Except this time the parents got serious, they asked me what the early SC's cost and when I told them they were more than happy to get the guy a car that was under $10k. So he didn't really pick it, it's more like he said he'd accept it and drive it if they got it for him

1993SCTT-you might be right, hopefully you're not but that's how I feel. He won't appreciate it until it's gone. That's how most things work out unfortunately.

DarchMage-he has no idea man, no idea. This guy wanted an Eclipse once upon a time!! lol.
Old 01-18-05, 03:50 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default little brother

Hey Mike, I feel your pain. I have a younger brother I never got along with. It's better now because I've learned to let go of all the crap. As kids I tried to teach him about sports and girls but he always rejected me. After I left for college my parents gave him my first car and he behaved like he didn't want it. As adults I still got upset because he was always complaining and taking money from my mom. Like I said, I've learned to let go. My mom knows my brother takes advantage but she gives money to him anyway. What can I do. Sometimes I beat him up as kids...I can't do that now. We're adults. I must admit I feel better now that I don't let it bother me anymore.

Let it go. Things will eventually work themselves out. They always do.
Old 01-18-05, 05:12 PM
Sleeper97
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just make your car faster than his.
Old 01-18-05, 05:14 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike,
It's all good bro....I put it this way....he's better off with an SC....they can be replaced easily (God forbid if anything happens). It will be good for him because he'll have a brother like you who will give him advice on how he should take care of his car. Regardless of what car he received, he will have to be a man and handle the responsibilites of maintaining his own vehicle.

I'm glad I drive an SC and not an Escalade like all the rich lil punks out there.....and even If my family had money and I had a chance to upgrade to a new car, I wouldn't because I know what I have. In time, your lil brother will understand....and to be honest with, I'm happy for the kid...lol

Just steer him towards the ClubLexus way....
Old 01-18-05, 06:40 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Aye man, just show him the ropes. If he goes astray it aint your problem.......
Old 01-18-05, 08:39 PM
MongolKhan
Lexus Test Driver

Mike, if some of his stock parts in better shape than yours, swap them I dont think he'll know the difference. I am an evil man.
Old 01-18-05, 09:33 PM
CP_Ree
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a similar situaion go on with my car and my brother getting a car. I worked for mine, long hard hours.... and my parents bought him a car because he is the older brother and felt bad that the younger son (Me) has had a car for 3 yrs before the older son. Oh well, I guess, I feel proud that I worked for mine. You should too.
Old 01-18-05, 10:29 PM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Maybe being in my late 30's and from the hood...lol... I am not feelin the same color thing Mike...?? Couldn't he have found a different color at least...lol
Don't hate on him for lookin up to u and wanting to profile like big bro'
Old 01-19-05, 05:48 AM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Hey, it could've been worse. He could've gotten a newer SC than yours.
Old 01-19-05, 05:52 AM
WhiteTiger
Lexus Champion

Hey Mike, I wouldn't waste anymore negative energy on your brother. Do whatever you feel you need to as situations arise but focus on your future as that is really what you can control. You can't control how your brother acts or how your parents treat him.

Be pleased with what you have accomplished, compare yourself to those that you feel are more successful than you (not just money, but in life overall) and set your goals using those standards, not the standards or actions of those below you. Wasting time on negative thoughts, even though justified, really won't help you much in the long run.

Best of luck.

Worse case, talk your brother into doing mods and then late at night sneak over and take them off and put them on your car...LOL!
Old 01-19-05, 08:23 AM
inovashn
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

my first car was a 1986 honda prelude. so good for him
Old 01-19-05, 08:35 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
Well fellas, it's times like this that makes me

I have a little brother, he's 19. Never had his own car mainly because he's never deserved one. He was supposed to get a job after high school, didn't happen...claimed he had no transportation. Okay, I can kinda understand that in Cali, you need a whip to survive to an extent. But the guy basically wasn't willing to go out and work for his, he wanted it given to him because all his little high school buddies in the valley were getting handed Escalades and F-350's. Our family is okay, but by no means rich. So the parents finally broke down and bought the little guy a car...well, guess what kind? Yup a Lexus...an SC to be exact...a 92 Royal Jade Pearl SC...Just like mine!!!!!!!!!

Now, should I be happy he's got a nice ride right off the bat, or should I be mad because I worked my way up to this car...from a damn 1979 Buick when I was 16 up until the clean SC (sorry Jose) that I have now. I don't think he appreciates it because it's not a 2001 or newer $40k vehicle like he thinks he deserves to be riding in. He's a good guy don't get me wrong, he's just like a lot of teenagers where he hasn't yet realized that life ain't like on tv for the most part, real people have to get up and get out and work for their's...nothing in this world is handed to you, he should be happy someone just handed him an SC, and SC like the one I had to work my rass off to get!!! I told him I'd be there to show him the light and help him with the car in any way I can...but for some reason I can just see it now, sometime in the future he crashes the damn thing and that'll be that. I hope that's not the case, this car may be a reason for my brother and I to get closer, but somtimes I just wonder where his head's at...he's never really appreciative of anything...

I hope in the end, he appreciates everything & does not take it for granted which includes taking care of the car, paying for maintenance & repairs. As far as crashing the car is concerned, well it will be his insurance premiums that go sky hi........this kind of reminds me of my sister from what you describe........my Dad has this expression that is very true: "Those that don't listen, have to feel" so........
Old 01-19-05, 10:35 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks dudes, and it's all good...there's no hate or jealousy at all on my part. I just don't want the kid to take this thing for granted even though it is. He still has to exhibit some kind of work ethic, show me something!!! Get a job and fill up the tank...pay for an oil change...be a man...that kind of stuff. I mean in the big scheme of things those are small matters...but if HE did them it'd be monumentous. I talked to him last night and he seems to be happy, he was out messing with all the bells and whistles and asking me what does what. I'll drive to the parent's place this weekend and check out the car. I was told it's in "pretty good" shape after they had it inspected by the Lexus dealer so I'll have to see for myself.

And yeah man, if he got a newer SC than mine I'd have been hot...but he didn't

And don't think I haven't already thought "what if" he has newer stock parts than me...muhaaaa muhaaaa muhaaaa!!!

Jon, sorry bro, I didn't know there was a Chino meet last night!!

Phuong, yeah dude, I'll show him the right stuff...hit me on Saturday morning or something and we'll meet up in Newport or whatev. Gyeah
Old 01-20-05, 05:47 PM
SC XCII
Driver School Candidate

It sucks, Mike. You know what to do though, don't you?

Dope slap to the back of the head when no one is looking! Just like when he was a kid
Just Kidding ... mostly.

I can relate. Hell, I'm the youngest and my oldest sister had to buy her own car and I did. Two in between got them for nothing.

After I got the 70 Duster (this was more than a few years ago) for $700 from the big assed broad who had the seat worn out, my ol' man says: "how you plannin' on paying for the insurance, son?

I know times have changed, but ..... you know ..... they really haven't.

Last edited by SC XCII; 01-20-05 at 06:44 PM.
Old 01-20-05, 05:58 PM
andy2003si
Rookie

I'm 16 and my dad paid for my 96 SC300, but i'm very appreciative and have a stedy job (even if it is subway it's the effort that counts!) and plus the money he bought my car from was from some of the money my grandfather left him when he died so it's only fair to share the love

Quick Reply: Should I be pleased or upset?