SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Pics of my SC Before & After

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-01, 06:43 AM
933005spd
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post use my airfresheners!!

If you want really cool airfresheners use mine!! I've got like oh, 2000 in my garage. check these out! For club lex members 2 for $6!
Attached Thumbnails Pics of my SC Before & After-smile.jpg  
Old 05-28-01, 07:45 PM
hoops_24
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the comments guys. I haven't replied because I was out of town.

1. I lost the air freshener thanks to Exsilio and Ikon. I now have one that is made to go under the seat. ARE YOU HAPPY :-)

2. Let me once again try to downplay my basketball importance. Just because someone is on a pro team doesn't mean that he got any time. I didn't. Those guys on the bench in suits? That was me. You're basically used as a puppet for the stars to slam around. I got paid well though. And don't get me wrong, I got mad skillz, just not mad enough to get time. If anyone remebers Ricky Berry, he was a good friend of mine. He was with the Kings in '89 when I was there and he committed suicide. He was going to be a star...

3. Exsilio, the HRE's would be sooo sweet on your ride. I also like the 546's. I do think that a silver car should have chrome rims even though I'm not a big fan of chrome. I just don't think that the silver painted has enough glare for that bright of a car. Man, ditch the spiders and get the HRE's. Stop being a cheapskate, you own a fu**ing SC430 man! I can tell by your posts you're not all the way happy with what you got so get what you want!

4. No I'm not Bobby Hurley. Wanna know a secret...he's bisexual. You heard it here first.

5. I haven't done anything to my stock stereo yet, but I will be replacing all of my speakers with MB Quart and replacing the sub with a 10" ADS. Why, do you have any ideas for me??

6. Secret #2- Chris Webber to the Houston Rockets....anyone wanna bet me?

Last edited by hoops_24; 05-28-01 at 07:51 PM.
Old 05-28-01, 07:57 PM
hoops_24
Pole Position

Forgot one thing. Absolutely no rubbing in the wheel well with 245/40/18 tires. My rims are 8.5 inches wide by the way.

As for another rim that I would suggest. I don't know of any that I like except for the ones I have on my SC. I am a very picky individual....aint I Exsilio. I did see an SC with Hartge Classic's that was nice.

Hope that helps
Old 05-28-01, 09:21 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hoops,

Ideas for a stereo setup.. Well depends on how wild you want to go and budget which I don't think should be a problem for you..

Anyways if you want some ideas I can forward off some nice pictures of other SC's with interesting stereo setups.. I think I might even have the one of the guy who did a theme of a roulette table in his trunk as a competition system..

As for rim ideas guys here are a few good sites to check out when making your decision on wheels..

GTAUTOSPORTS

Or Latrell Sprewell's site which has a really nice selection of pictures of rims on your Lexus model.. Makes the decision process alot easier.. This site helped me decide on my Lowenharts for my SC 430..

SPREWELL RACING

Exsilo,

If chrome isn't your thing maybe you can look at polished (AKA diamond cut wheels).. Newest trend from Japan from what I hear.. Not too over the top "bling bling" but classy and I think that is what you are trying to accomplish..

Ken

Ps: I would rather see Webber go to New York but I can see the Rockets being a good fit.. Do you think Jason Williams will leave also??
I'd love to see Jason in a Raptors uniform along side Carter..
Old 05-28-01, 09:36 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Default SC 400 pic..

Got this from a GS posting on rims.. Personally on SC4 or SC3 I wouldn't go with these rims because a mesh wheel like Hoops looks so much classier but these wheels on my SC 430 should look sweet (In chrome of course)

Attached Thumbnails Pics of my SC Before & After-sc-1-.jpg  
Old 05-28-01, 10:28 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Yup that is the LD1.. I paid what works out to $ 3,550 US with the run flat sensors.. 18 X 8.5 - Chrome

Not a bad price and I think a dished wheel will look pretty cool on the new SC..
Old 05-29-01, 12:48 AM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

Hoops24 - Secret # 1 : too much information for me . And on secret # 2 :I think he might go to the Wizards and help MJ make another come back . So that will be MJ, Charles Barkley , and Chris Webber.
Old 05-29-01, 01:58 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hoops - Nice fix up. Personally, I would have not done any rim by Konig (notorious knock-off manufacturer) but the car does look nice! I like the color of the car too! Not too many people bought that color but I've always liked it (my friend recently bought a Black Cherry 2001 GS and it looks very nice!) Get the HRE's!

Genearch - Try www.swiftracing.com. Mo will give you a killer deal on HRE's....for example, instead of $1060 for the base rim, it's only $817..and why would you do OEM caps? The HRE Etched caps are MACHINED BILLET aluminum...REAL nice caps and they're only $45.00...you do know that stock wheel comes with their color logo caps? And Mo charges $125 for high polish. If you call him and talk real nice to him, he'll bust you a great deal on the wheels and tires...as it is, $3950 is much closer to the $3600 for the LD1's and the HRE's are custom made...so you can spec a custom offset (for a deeper lip or to clear aftermarket brakes, etc.)...

2SAVVY - That Black SC is SICK!

Another rim that looks nice on the SC is the AutoCouture Supreme...if I do get a SC (I debating between quite a few cars to get as a "beater"), I think this is the look I'll be sporting (but in silver, blue silver, blue, or black)...
Attached Thumbnails Pics of my SC Before & After-front.jpg  

Last edited by Manaray; 05-29-01 at 02:05 AM.
Old 05-29-01, 12:33 PM
hoops_24
Pole Position

Two thumbs down from me on both of the cars that are shown as picture attachments. They both look overstyled to me. I really hate the LD's on the 400, but I agree it would look sweet on the 430. The two coupes are TOTALLY different animals. I also hate the body kits. Takes away from the clean lines of the SC

I heard all of the Konig knockoff garbage but who cares. I think it's the perfect wheel for the 400. Even better than BBS which I presume the Konig Imagine is copying.

I heard that the color of my car wasn't too popular. I love it and I have yet to see one with the same color. There are two in my area and they're both emerald blue.

Chris Webber WILL go to the Rockets. You are going to think I am a phony, but he is sexing up a mutual friend and he told her that's where he's going. (They can pay him the max without a sign and trade deal)

Jason Williams has no trade value because he plays no defense. The league is predicated on defense now with all of the rules changes. I did hear about a possible sign and trade involving Webber/Williams for Mike Bibby and Shareef Abdur Rahim (Grizzlies) plus a draft pick.

Peace

Last edited by hoops_24; 05-29-01 at 12:38 PM.
Old 05-30-01, 09:45 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Exclamation

I like both kits and wheels... Does any one know the name of the kits in both photos. ( website, cost, tele#, etc.)

These kits are nice and not wild like other kits I've seen. The wheel designs look nice on both cars. IMO

The reason the color did not sell IMO was design vs color. The red(all shades) look better on true sports car designs... Porsche, RX7, Ferrari, Vette, NSX etc.. Honestly some companys make bad reds... Nissan, Toyota, Ford, Olds... I don't think any shade of blue is nice on sports car... JMO

I like 4 colors truly. Pearl white, Triple Black, Silver and custom Radiance Wine Berry Candy paint. I bought the Lexus in green because it was a great deal only! When buying pre-owned it's hard to be picky in color, but I would not buy a car in a couple of colors regardless of price...(unless it is less the cost a new paint change ...)

Last edited by The Ikon; 05-30-01 at 09:48 AM.
Old 05-30-01, 12:11 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Black SC - Erebuni body kit. 19" Lowenhard LD1 rims.

Gold SC - AutoCouture body kit. 19" AutoCouture Supreme rims.

Erebuni is an American company that generally makes knock-off kits...AutoCouture is a high end Japanese company. You'll have to find an importer for the AutoCouture kit.

Last edited by Manaray; 05-30-01 at 04:08 PM.
Old 05-30-01, 01:39 PM
exsilio

Question anyone know...

...who modded the red sc430 in the SC gallery? I wanted to know what springs they used. I have been trying to track it down but all I find are photos, but no credits.

to hoops
I'm not being cheap! I am being frugal.

I just want to be sure. I agree about the chrome. Sometimes it is a bit too bling bling. But with a silver car it may fit. If I do swap the rims...er...again. I'll wait for when I do the springs.