SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Where to Complain to about Sales Practices??

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-01, 07:10 PM
csued

Hi Guys,

The East Cost Dealers are making my life a living hell. I have been waiting for almost a year for my SC430. I am #17 on the stores "owner retention" list and over 40 cars were delivered to him so far.

They are selling these cars to other people who are not on the "list" for a premium and adding a lot of dealer extras like Radar, Laser Diffuser, Rust Proofing, LoJack, and other BS that I cant remember. they are selling the cars for $75K

Every dealer is doing this, not just my dealer in Manhattan. I called up Lexus dealers in Long Island, NJ, Upstate, and everywhere and there are cars available except they already have these "premium" packages installed. It is giving me such a bad taste about Lexus.

I already own 2 lexus cars (SC300 and a RX300), and this would be my 3rd from the same dealer.

I called Lexus Customer Satisfaction and spoke to a supervisor and told her what was going on. She typed a lot and finally told me that they do not get involved with the sales practices of their delaers. They are not responsible for how they sell their cars.

WHO IS???

Is there a District Sales Manager or someone that is in charge of sales for the Tri-State NY/NJ/CT area? If so does anyone have a name and number for me to call. I really want to stir things up. I am really getting sick of all this BS.

Do any Lexus dealerships respect loyalty, the fact that I bought 2 other cars and am coming back for a 3rd?? Or os it just how much extra can I rip off this guy for today.

If anyone has a name and number for a Distrcit Sales Manager or someone high up in the Lexus chain that can look into my mess and provide me with some satisfaction, I would really appreciate it tremendously.

MY email is charles@upstairsrecords.com

Thanks,

Charles
Old 05-20-01, 04:18 AM
RealMarty
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The reason Lexus says it can't get involved is because once they sell the car to the dealer it's theirs to do with as they wish. Since the dealer is an independant business they can set any sales rules they want. Have you spoken to the dealer's GM?

I would think a call to the local consumer affairs dept about being #17 on the list forever may be your best shot.

From what I can tell the dealers in Atlanta and other parts of the country don't seem to be gauging like this. If you're willing to drive a few miles it may be worth calling outside of the NY metro area.
Old 05-20-01, 07:54 PM
csued

Hi Marty,

I've been dealing with the Sales Manager of the Dealership. It looks like I may have to go over his head though.

Someone told me today that there IS a District Sales Manager that is in charge of the dealerships. Does anyone have his/her name and/or number?

Thanks So Much,

Charles
Old 05-21-01, 05:49 AM
RealMarty
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Charles,

You definitely want to go to the General Manager. Even though they work for the same company (and the sales manager may work for the GM) they are focused on different things. The GM should be looking at the bigger picture and should be more open to solving the issue.

Yes there is a DM for Lexus, but I don't know if they have the influence to help. Hell, it's worth a try.

If I were trying to find him/her I'd look for a Lexus office in the phone book or ask your dealer or Lexus customer service for the number of the Lexus regional sales office.

Let us know how it's working out.

P.S. I still think your best best is to contact dealers outside of the NY Metro region.