SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Do-luck Body Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-05, 05:45 PM
DoMiNOz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Do-luck Body Kit

what do guys think of this body kit?? it comes with a replaceable front bumper, 2 add-on skirts, and 2 andd-on back bumpers.

HTML Code:
http://www.do-luck-usa.com/products.html?auto=JZZ30
also does anyone know if all the parts are bolt ons.
Old 02-15-05, 06:16 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DoMiNOz
what do guys think of this body kit?? it comes with a replaceable front bumper, 2 add-on skirts, and 2 andd-on back bumpers.

HTML Code:
http://www.do-luck-usa.com/products.html?auto=JZZ30
also does anyone know if all the parts are bolt ons.
SEARCH!

There have been a few guys on here with full Do Luck Kits (one guy in Alabama that I can remember for sure- DoLuckSC or something like that).

It is a very aggressive kit and in my opinion does not help accentuate the SC's natural lines. that said, I have seen some Soarers in Japan that look very nice with the Do Luck kit- perhaps its the big IC peaking out of the front bumper and the big, wide, low offset wheels that really help make the soarer look nice- then again, a big intercooler and wheels can make alot of cars look nice-
Old 02-15-05, 06:24 PM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

i dont really like that kit, and in my opinion, its rice.. but then again, who am i?, mainly because its an agressive kit like sc400texas said.. and for $2500, i think you can use that money much more wisely. your looking at $2500, plus shipping, plus body work.. probably cost you around $4000

for $4000, you can go turbo..
what is wrong with your car as is? do you have any pics of it? does it desperately need a makeover? if you get a body kit.. then you need to get rims too.

i say just think about it. how old are you? what you like now, you might now like in the near future and regret it. i saw your post about the opinion on the evo wing also..

that kit + evo.. is another one of these in the making..

my advice is: don't get it.

edit: a lot of people resort to this kit b/c its the only one they can find. not saying thats you, so don't get defensive, but browse this site. www.l-tunedparts.com and you might see something you like more than the do-luck.

no offense to those w/ the do-luck kit

Last edited by newyorksc; 02-15-05 at 06:31 PM.
Old 02-15-05, 09:52 PM
sc.Fred
Instructor

I agree with 1993SCTT... the kit is too aggressive looking for my taste. If you take a look @ Ltuned website you can find the AC kit, (people have the kit on this website but I still think it looks dope) or you can go for the Vertex kit which I like as well.

Personally I'd go for suspension/brakes or engine swap before exterior (well maybe wheels because the stock 92-96 wheels are hideous) good luck!
Old 02-16-05, 08:12 AM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sc.Fred
I agree with 1993SCTT... the kit is too aggressive looking for my taste. If you take a look @ Ltuned website you can find the AC kit, (people have the kit on this website but I still think it looks dope) or you can go for the Vertex kit which I like as well.

Personally I'd go for suspension/brakes or engine swap before exterior (well maybe wheels because the stock 92-96 wheels are hideous) good luck!
Dont forget that there are other aero products for our SC that are just as classy if not classier than AC or Vertex-

seems like everyone has either Bomex, JIC, Vertex, or AC now-days.

when are we going to see a full Barramundy SC in the states (probably as soon as I am able to save and source!)
Old 02-16-05, 10:40 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1993SCTT
i dont really like that kit...and in my opinion, its rice....if you get a body kit.. then you need to get rims too....i saw your post about the opinion on the evo wing also...my advice is: don't get it....no offense to those w/ the do-luck kit
...my feelings exactly.

I get the impression that you're going to rice out this car HUGE wings and offensive bodykits DO NOT compliment the SC.
Old 02-16-05, 02:35 PM
sc.Fred
Instructor

Originally Posted by sc400texas
Dont forget that there are other aero products for our SC that are just as classy if not classier than AC or Vertex-

seems like everyone has either Bomex, JIC, Vertex, or AC now-days.

when are we going to see a full Barramundy SC in the states (probably as soon as I am able to save and source!)
i totally agree, those are nice kits... i'm just saying those are the two kits that i would get on my SC personally i don't like the side skirts on the Bomex kit, looks too bulky on the SC

oh yea, anybody in this forum has a wide body SC? i would like to see pictures of it, haven't seen too many of those around...
Old 02-16-05, 03:14 PM
jeremyp111
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My advice....Don't go rice. The Lexus SC300/400 is a luxury sports coupe, not a Civic. If you want mega aggressive body kits and big a$$ wings then sell your car to someone else and buy a Honda. Just MO so do with it as you see fit.
Old 02-16-05, 03:18 PM
DoMiNOz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1993SCTT
i dont really like that kit, and in my opinion, its rice.. but then again, who am i?, mainly because its an agressive kit like sc400texas said.. and for $2500, i think you can use that money much more wisely. your looking at $2500, plus shipping, plus body work.. probably cost you around $4000

for $4000, you can go turbo..
what is wrong with your car as is? do you have any pics of it? does it desperately need a makeover? if you get a body kit.. then you need to get rims too.

i say just think about it. how old are you? what you like now, you might now like in the near future and regret it. i saw your post about the opinion on the evo wing also..

that kit + evo.. is another one of these in the making..

my advice is: don't get it.

edit: a lot of people resort to this kit b/c its the only one they can find. not saying thats you, so don't get defensive, but browse this site. www.l-tunedparts.com and you might see something you like more than the do-luck.

no offense to those w/ the do-luck kit

ive have a guy willin to sell it to me for about $600 w/ shippin (dont ask me how he just is) so the money is now the problem, and the reason i picked this was cause i looked at a lot of bodykits on
HTML Code:
intellexual.net
and the do-luck one was the one i like the best anyone no if its hard to put on tho?
Old 02-16-05, 03:52 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

ive have a guy willin to sell it to me for about $600 w/ shippin (dont ask me how he just is) so the money is now the problem, and the reason i picked this was cause i looked at a lot of bodykits on
HTML Code:
intellexual.net
and the do-luck one was the one i like the best anyone no if its hard to put on tho?
then its a knock off- its probably not going to fit well, and it going to be very brittle... you will end up paying the same ammount of the legit kit once done making things fit right-
Old 02-16-05, 04:27 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Don't think our opinions even matter, let him learn the hard way.
Old 02-16-05, 06:12 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

HTML Code:
intellexual.net
For 600 bucks, your most likey getting a "DO WACK" kit rather than an authentic..LIke others before have advised..Wait, save, look and most importantly enjoy..

Friends don't let friends ruin their own cars...
Old 02-16-05, 09:08 PM
Thomas C
Lead Lap

You are getting the fake one, do a search on ebay for "V-SPEED TYPE II" and you will find that the person who is selling it to you is trying to rip you off

IMO, you should stick with the authentic kits, the reason why they are so expensive is because it was made to fit. Getting the knock-off will just give you more headaches in the end.

The choice is up to you.
Old 02-17-05, 07:55 AM
DoMiNOz
Driver School Candidate

its not a fake lit its an authentic do-luck kit
Old 02-17-05, 08:28 AM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

its not a fake lit its an authentic do-luck kit
The Do-Luck kit cost $2645.00 brand new. The Do-Luck knock off cost about $300-$400...

1) There is no way you are getting a Do-Luck kit for that cheap, unless it is beaten to hell and is going to take some serious $$$ to fix

2) You are probably getting the V-Speed Type II kit, which has notorious fittment issues- I have seen a guy in houston with one on and and looked hideous as far as fittment goes

3) You can find the V-Speed Type II kit for $380 with out shipping on Ebay right now, so your getting one of the worst prices I have ever seen with a knock off...

sounds like your getting an authentic do-luck knock off.

please do some more searching on this site- if you want some more opinions on knock off kits for the SC, search for VIS... you will see what I am talking about.

Quick Reply: Do-luck Body Kit