SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What Lip to Get?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-05, 01:12 PM
RjRacing
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Lip to Get?

Are there any tastefull front lips for the 97+ Front bumpers? I have done many searches and can't find anything. Could you all post some pics and/or some websites of some clean looking lips? Something CF would be nice too.
Old 02-18-05, 01:16 PM
RyanG
Driver

I have the stock SC400 lip and im very happy with it, clean and durable. I believe Erebuni makes a lip to. Try searching and you should be able to find some good pics.
Old 02-18-05, 01:22 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RyanG
I have the stock SC400 lip and im very happy with it, clean and durable. I believe Erebuni makes a lip to. Try searching and you should be able to find some good pics.
those lips will not fit 97+ your best bet is either the Wise Sports Front for 97+, The Vertex Lip for 97+, or the BN Sports Lip for 97+

-Rob
Old 02-18-05, 01:28 PM
AllBoutDaZ
Lead Lap

do a search
i have seen people make the sc400 stock lip fit the stock 97+ bumper
Old 02-18-05, 01:56 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you have an extra $600 and some change, I can point you in the right direction. If not, I'm sure i can ghetto rig you one.
Old 02-18-05, 02:48 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

It HAS been asked before, GO SEARCH!

This section of CL is definitely going downhill...quick.
Old 02-18-05, 03:39 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

92-94 oem lips won't fit the 97+ all the way from side to side. I believe you'll get a gap on each side if you fit it from the center.
Old 02-18-05, 03:42 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

3 demands for a "search" all within less than 10 posts

The wonderful SC section of CL!!
Old 02-18-05, 03:54 PM
TMaxxTim
Instructor

Does anybody ever realize that unless new threads are started, the same information will get around to everybody. I'm sure EVERYTHING on this board has been talked about more than once, and yes people should search but I mean if new threads are never started then people with new information reguarding the topic will never get it out.

I've been at forums where people tell others to search ALL the time and it gets annoying, clogs things up and just pisses people off in general.

There are things people should search for like: sc300 vs sc400, sc400 turbo, sc300 2jz-gte swap, etc.

I've never seen a post on this, maybe there was one two years ago or maybe there was one but it didn't have the EXACT information somebody needed so they asked a more specific question.

All I'm saying is lighten up guys.
Old 02-18-05, 04:08 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I wouldn't have told him to search unless I was sure that there was an exact thread on this. Everytime I tell someone to search I will give them a couple of links to get them started. You dont expect us to go out and search for them all the time do you? Also, the EXACT thread wasn't a year or 2 ago, it was more like a month or two. Searching is not hard at all.
Here is an example, a couple of weeks ago I wanted some tips for getting the seat belt to retract smoothly; 3 words (seat belt retractor) into the advanced search got me this.
Last time this thread was seen was a year ago. Hard? Nope!

Originally Posted by TMaxxTim
Does anybody ever realize that unless new threads are started, the same information will get around to everybody. I'm sure EVERYTHING on this board has been talked about more than once, and yes people should search but I mean if new threads are never started then people with new information reguarding the topic will never get it out.

I've been at forums where people tell others to search ALL the time and it gets annoying, clogs things up and just pisses people off in general.

There are things people should search for like: sc300 vs sc400, sc400 turbo, sc300 2jz-gte swap, etc.

I've never seen a post on this, maybe there was one two years ago or maybe there was one but it didn't have the EXACT information somebody needed so they asked a more specific question.

All I'm saying is lighten up guys.

Last edited by G Star; 02-18-05 at 04:14 PM.
Old 02-18-05, 04:31 PM
TMaxxTim
Instructor

Okay, I think thats fine, especially when people include a few links, but overall I've just seen more and more of people telling somebody to search with no other useful information in the reply.
Old 02-18-05, 05:17 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TMaxxTim
Okay, I think thats fine, especially when people include a few links, but overall I've just seen more and more of people telling somebody to search with no other useful information in the reply.
if you have new info pretaining to the subject, then start the post- if not- then dont

these post do not include info- they could almost all be answered by the FAQ and searching-
Old 02-18-05, 05:48 PM
WebStarr
Pole Position

Back to his question: I like the Wald lip for the 97 front bumper. It's real clean looking. I think they only sell complete kits now though. The rest of the kit is really nice anyway though.
Old 02-18-05, 06:15 PM
Din
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sc400texas
those lips will not fit 97+ your best bet is either the Wise Sports Front for 97+, The Vertex Lip for 97+, or the BN Sports Lip for 97+

-Rob
where can one find these.
Old 02-18-05, 06:17 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

those lips stated above are all around $600. Even if you have a shop, they won't give you a discount. All can be had in roughly 1-2 months after the order is sent to Japan.

trust me ,i've called and checked

Quick Reply: What Lip to Get?