SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Heard of a "version:SELECT" Body kit????

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-05, 11:32 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 357 Likes on 229 Posts

***EDIT*** Whoa, what the crap? I got a reply notice in my e-mail that a reply was posted by 1993SCTT saying "what wheels are you planning to get with this kit?". Sooo... yea, this answers that question. Very odd...
User deleted message.
Old 02-25-05, 11:34 PM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hrmmm, interesting... thanks "One".
Old 02-26-05, 09:19 AM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RSTSpeed
Well probably nothing for a while. The only reason I'm even considering a kit is b/c some girl hit me a couple of weeks ago, so my back right 1/4 panel and rear bumper need repair. I'm thinking I might just scrap the bumper and kit a kit and spend the extra cash if/when I get it. Right now I just have to bank money b/c every freakin' thing on this car breaks... it hates me!
How about the 97+ conversion? Don't like it?
Old 03-01-05, 07:22 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default VIS bodykit

I had that same VIS kit on my SC400. Everything looks fine except the front lower part of the bumper flares out on the side too much. Is it possible to bend or roll the fiberglass? Can I use the heat gun?
Old 03-30-05, 08:19 AM
wolfy187
Pole Position

why is my car in this thread? if you are going to post about a knock off thread... POST IT WITH KNOCK OFF PICTURES... dont associate my SC wiht a knock off
Old 03-30-05, 08:32 AM
Thomas C
Lead Lap

If that is your blue car, you should be worrying more about the website (Andy's Autosport) using your pic, not the original poster. He just took it from their website.

http://www.andysautosport.com/bodyki...rsion%20Select
Old 03-30-05, 09:05 AM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Thomas C
If that is your blue car, you should be worrying more about the website (Andy's Autosport) using your pic, not the original poster. He just took it from their website.

http://www.andysautosport.com/bodyki...rsion%20Select
UH-Oh...

330 for the bumper? Sheesh. Genuine bomex only costs 230.
Old 03-30-05, 11:31 AM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

version select kits have a reputation for good fitment and quality with 240sx owners. Many people have their kits now and are pleased with them.

go with www.tougefactory.com They have great customer service and are very speedy. Best to call them instead of email. I have bought some rims from them before and I'll be ordering the version select SC kit from them soon.
Old 03-30-05, 11:36 AM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by wolfy187
why is my car in this thread? if you are going to post about a knock off thread... POST IT WITH KNOCK OFF PICTURES... dont associate my SC wiht a knock off
Well first of all, chill out and don't get beligerant (sp?).
Secondly, I got all of those pics straight from AndysAutosport.com, so take it up with them.

...and thanks, Thomas.
Old 03-30-05, 03:04 PM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TurboTeg
version select kits have a reputation for good fitment and quality with 240sx owners. Many people have their kits now and are pleased with them.

go with www.tougefactory.com They have great customer service and are very speedy. Best to call them instead of email. I have bought some rims from them before and I'll be ordering the version select SC kit from them soon.
Cool man, thanks! Let us know how the SC kit works out, and post some pics!
Old 04-21-05, 07:48 PM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

There is a guy on SupraForum who actually went to the headquarter of Version select and took a tour. (illinois)
According to him,

Since you need to be a member to view the page, I'll copy and paste.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
well... ive got amazing news (and ill have pictures once i find my docking station)...

here is the walk thru:
i showed up at the warehouse, the guys working there were extremely nice... they walked me through the warehouse and gave me a nice little tour... they then took me over to the bodykits which were all nicely sealed and in place (not thrown in a corner)... all of the kits were in good condition and well stored (so you dont have to worry about damaged product)

next i looked over the actual kit itself. all the kits were made of handlaid fiberglass. not a single kit had a bubble in it. most of the prep work was already done (like sanding out waves and cleaning up any imperfections). all edges were sharp and clean (no hack cut jobs). all high stress areas were upto an 1/8in thick (like the bottom of the bumper had many additional layers so it wouldnt crack on a speed bump).

the salesman then gave me a demo of the sturdiness of the kits themselves... he took the sideskirt and bent it 90* in both directions repeatedly for almost a minute! no cracks, no issues, no stress sounds, and it just popped back into shape like nothing ever happened... all in all i think this kit will handle a ****load of abuse...

i am buying the kit tomorrow and swinging it by my bodyshop for a professional opinion... version select said they would stand behind the kit, and if it ended up being a complete piece of crap then id get it taken care of...

i will have more updates when M&B Autobody looks over the pieces but i am really satisfied with what i saw

(i will post pics when i find my docking station as well as the video of the guy twisting and turning the sideskirt)

edit: 870 + shipping is price for whole kit
i dont think they will part out... only whole kit
Old 04-23-05, 05:25 PM
SickSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

hey guys just wanted to let all of you guys know that i got the version select body kit on my car. i got it back from the shop about 2 weeks now and the fitment is pretty good only modification that had to be done was the high beem lights ill post some pictures asap.
Old 04-23-05, 07:49 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

ahhh I see your local to them too nice
can't wait for pics.
Old 04-24-05, 04:14 PM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anybody have any info on the fitment on this VIS kit? Looks nice..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...970242564&rd=1
Old 06-15-05, 01:24 PM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

So, I decided to get this Version Select front bumper to replace my bomex. Should arrive next week.

Haha..I'm going through bumpers like underwears.

3 JICs -> 1 Bomex -> 1 Version

Quick Reply: Heard of a "version:SELECT" Body kit????