Pics of My SC from the DUB Show..

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-01, 07:43 AM
bangbang001
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Hey Hoops_24,

You got to give this guy his due just. This sc-400 is probably the nicest one I've seen on this site or at least in the top 3. Please don't hate on him, it's all about your taste. Personally, I don't care for spoiler kits but this one is nice and his wheels are sweeeeet!!!! 19's staggered are the only way I would go. Just suck it up and get to the rear of him.

95 sc-400
pearl white/ tan
Old 05-31-01, 08:20 AM
hoops_24
Pole Position

Sorry IKON, I gotta disagree. I think the kits should be put on civics, accords, and those garbage rides. But I think that when you start putting kits on a Lexus I think it brings down the brand name some. JMO.

Maybe I need to stop being so expressive with my opinions. I'll just keep my mouth shut and read the posts like a good soldier. I just hate when they put all that ****** on luxury automobiles.

In closing, my foot remains firmly planted on his ***** along with the other differing opinions. I think the car is overstyled car show or not.

Bang Bang- Not hating on my man I just give my opinions. You take the good with the bad. I will say, that of all the Sc's that have kits on them his is the nicest. Feel Better?

Last edited by hoops_24; 05-31-01 at 08:24 AM.
Old 05-31-01, 10:09 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

By all means contiue to voice your opinion. I would love to hear different points of view. We are not the Smurfs or the Old USA.

Some people like different things period. That what make people, individuals. Hey, do you take Karate since you like to put your foot in someone's ***** all the time...

Kutsire has a nice SC too... I wonder what he thinks?

Later guys,

The Ikon
Old 05-31-01, 10:10 AM
MySCzToOPHaT

Well as the owner of the car I feel that I should address Mr.Hoops . I'm glad you had so much to say about my car, all I have to say to you is..To each his own! I love my car, I'm 22 years old and I bought this car myself paid for everything myself... Everything was done according to MY taste..NOT yours, so if you dont like what I have done.. dont do it to yours, i dont give a ***** what you do to your car. OK, now for the headlights... They are actually black housing, the outer cover remains clear. I have a friend that does this out of his shop. Thanks go out to everyone for their opinions..payce
Old 05-31-01, 10:19 AM
Toan Nguyen
Pole Position

Default Looks sweet...

I think that car looks sweet, it accentuates the lines and curves of the SC... low and sleek. The rims arent to my taste (design not size) I like 5ZR rims where its chromed on the outside surround, white on the inside (5 spoke). Hard to describe. If I saw a car like that roll up next to me... hmm... "pull over and let me have a look" :P

The SC isnt just a luxury car... it's also a boy racer car ... The US missed out on the stock twin turbo engine, but if it was availiable in the US, I'm sure most of you would be going boy racer as well.

Toan

(Soarer GT Limited)
Old 05-31-01, 10:41 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does this friend that makes the housings black have a website? Or a phone number? How much would he charge us for the same thing? Is it just as simple as painting the housing black....I'm thinking the paint might melt (depending on the paint) because those HID's get HOT!

SR
Old 05-31-01, 10:51 AM
hoops_24
Pole Position

2Phat,

After reading your post I believe you're only 22 years old! No reason to resort to cursing me out like you did. I gave you props on the headlights and didn't on the overall look. That's why it's a forum.

As you grow older you will probably be more inclined to hear different opinions, you might as well start now. As for all the talk about paying for it yourself....this is a LEXUS forum. Nobody on these posts is hurting for money. Bragging just makes you look dumb.

Lighten Up Kid!

Do you have any other angles of your car? I would like to see a rear 3/4 view and a closeup of the headlights.
Old 05-31-01, 11:10 AM
MySCzToOPHaT

listen Hoops, you missed the point completely.. I'm not braging..The idea was that I did my car based on my own ideas of how I wanted it to come out. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, how they choose to express that opinion is up to them.. Listen I dont have nothin against you, i'm sorry if i offended you in anyway. I didnt take anything you said to the heart so please dont take what I said as a shot to the groin :P. Payce

The Headlights.. heres a # you can call (ask for ryan) (626)378-7907 .. But If you want to know how he did it, he used hi-temp black engine paint..but theres a lot of prep work that goes into it as well. I wish I had more details but thats all i know. Sorry
Old 05-31-01, 11:16 AM
MySCzToOPHaT

i'll be sure to take close pics of the lights asap. as for the body kit. The front and rear lips fit perfectly...the side skirts were a problem, we're talkin major gaps. luckily our company also owns a body shop.. If your gonna buy this kit jus be sure you have a body shop that is experianced in custom work do it for you.
Old 05-31-01, 11:45 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One last question about those lights...how much dimmer are they at night now? Being that it's paint, there's not nearly as much reflectivity on the housing, so I would think it would be majorly dimmer. Of course, I haven't inspected my lights that close yet, so maybe the lower reflectivity won't be an issue!

THanks!
SR
Old 05-31-01, 12:04 PM
MySCzToOPHaT

To be perfectly honest I dont know how much dimmer the lights are now. I didnt start to drive the car until all the mods. were done on it, i wish i did though.. I'm asumeing not too much of a difference because the headlights feature a projector lens
Old 05-31-01, 12:06 PM
VeilsideRSPsc
Driver

sweet ride man... all i gotta say is... each person does things to their car b/c it is THEIR car... i do things to my car b/c i like them, i dont really care what other people think. everyone has their own opinion, respect that.

-brian
'92 veilside turbo rsp sc300
- sponsored by toyo tires & valvoline oil
'01 silver is300
- stock and damn proud

Old 05-31-01, 03:16 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hoops_24 : Putting body kits on Lexus cars is a perfectly acceptable practice. In Japan, this sort of thing is COMMON PLACE...and the SC in Japan (known as the Soarer) is NOT a luxury car. It's a sedated Supra.

Do you think it's wacked when you see a S500 or a E430 with a Brabus, Carlsson, or Lorinser body kit? Or BMW 540i with a Hartge, MVR, Hamann, or AC Schnitzer body kit?

I think there is a line of taste for body kits. For me, I like clean, classy kits, not wild "combat" kits. I think Payce's SC is pretty clean. Personally, I would not have done an Erebuni body kit (I would have gotten the real deal, the AutoCouture kit), but I think the styling is nice and luxurious loooking.

Like everyone says, to each his own. I think a stock SC is nice looking but a clean body kit MAKES the car IMO. I also would not have put Konigs on my SC. They're low quality and manufactured by a notorious knock-off brand (plus they're not real 3-piece rims...instead, they fake the look with a 1-piece). I think these types of rims are FAR below the level of a Lexus. $1000 rims don't belong on a car that retails for $50,000 (I'm not talking about the STYLE of the rim, which is fine, just the brand/quality)...

It's like wearing a $30 FAKE Rolex with a $4000 suit.

Old 05-31-01, 03:38 PM
hoops_24
Pole Position

I was going to leave this alone since 2phat followed up nicely in his post, but here I go.

I think the car is nice. My personal taste says stay away from body kits and all of the shogun crap. I don't think 2phat's car is outrageous like some I've seen. Actually it's a sweet ride. I just think the SC is too clean for kits. It's his vehicle though. If he wants he can put an american flag on the hood. But if he does I'm going to say it looks like ****** :-)

As far as my Konig's. You mention "knock off brands" on a good majority of your posts. Hell, people say a Lexus is a knock off Benz. Don't you own a Lexus? I don't get off on that or how much rims cost. I go for the look. I could care less if the rim contains pure alloy, magnesium, or pure gold. The 18" Konig Imagine is the perfect rim for what I was trying to accomplish. They fake the 3 piece look? There are no bolts in the lip of the rim so I have no idea what you mean there.

As for quality, I think you're talkin' out of your a** on that one also. My research on the rim was 90% positive from other's that own it and own other Konig's. But hey if they break, I will get four more since they're only a grand.

Thanks for the opinion!

Last edited by hoops_24; 05-31-01 at 03:41 PM.
Old 05-31-01, 11:30 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hoops - SOME people say that Lexus cars are a knock-off Benzes but we all know they're not. No Lexus looks EXACTLY like a Benz. The LS RESEMBLES a S-Class like most 5-spoke rims resembles other 5-spoke rims. Put a GS next to E-Class...other than the fact that they have 4 headlights (which, by the way, Lexus had first in recent history with the SC), there is NOTHING else...and the headlights look COMPLETELY different. Besides, we all know that the quality of Lexus automobiles is number 1...Hell, I could have bought a E430 instead my GS430, but after driving one and sitting in one for an extended period of time, I found every facet of the GS to be better.

Konigs on the other hand, are DIRECT copies except that they're 1-piece rims trying to LOOK like a 3-piece rims (when they're knocking-off a 3-piece rims that is). Those rims don't have bolts but they have dimples where bolts would be. That's faking it as far as I'm concerned.

Take a look at the Konig Imagines below, you mean to tell me they weren't trying to get a 3-piece rim look? Come on!

So if you go for look, you think wearing a fake gold Rolex is OK? (afterall, some of those fakes look REAL good and it's about 1% of the price of a real one!) Is CZ an acceptable replacement for Diamonds? Fake gold? Fake Armani suits? Fake Louis Vuitton bags? Did you think it's OK for SC300 owners to put a SC400 badge?

Of course other Konig owners are going to like them. They BOUGHT them didn't they. But if they had $5000 to spend only on rims, you think they would have bought Konigs? Quality goes beyong whether or not a rim will break. I can make some crappy rims out of solid steel and I GUARANTEE it won't break, but is that a QUALITY rim?

"...since they're only a grand." - Why not buy a Saturn SC2 coupe instead since they're only $17 grand instead of $50 grand? Hell, you can buy 3 of them for the price of one SC!

You own a Lexus, not a Civic! Why would you put Civic rims on your Lexus? (Yes, Konigs target market is the Civic crowd.)

Nothing personal Hoops, but I think fake ANYTHING isn't acceptable at this level. I don't believe in doing **** half-***.
Attached Thumbnails Pics of My SC from the DUB Show..-2_b.jpg  

Quick Reply: Pics of My SC from the DUB Show..