SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Pics of My SC from the DUB Show..

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-01, 02:04 AM
Toan Nguyen
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I doubt Lexus reads these boards

I doubt Lexus reads these boards unless they have an actively participating QA (Quality Assurance) program. There's just too much info to be digested per day...

I would however love to be the QA owners liason for the SC to resolve "officially" some of the issues with the car or at least provide some official feedback. Imagine... your job is to peruse forums all day and collect information. I'm doing it already.

Cheers,

Toan.
Old 06-11-01, 03:51 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey DROD2045, thanks for your PURE FACT commentary on my post but if you read it a little more carefully, you'll see that the point you're making is also the point I'm making.

When I said that the LS resembles a S-Class like most 5-spoke rims, I didn't mean that all 5-spoke rims look the same. I ment that they don't DON'T all look the same but they all share one thing in common....5-spokes...just like the LS and the S-Class share things in common (large 4 door sedan) but don't look exactly the same.

Yes, Jaguar did have quad round headlamp for years and so did BMW , but no one ever accuses Lexus of copying Jag or BMW (why, I don't know). Maybe I should have said that Lexus had quad headlights before Mercedes (in recent history)...

Sxys_SC4 - Do I have anything to say if you had a Movado? Yeah, I'd say is a POS and I wouldn't have bought it. Or would you like me to come up with some nice fluffy response instead? And yes, I did go off about my watches...so what?
Old 06-11-01, 05:49 AM
hoops_24
Pole Position

Manny,

Take it easy on these folks. You must be in a foul mood today because you've been pretty nice to me :-)

Movado's are a POS though!

Old 06-11-01, 12:51 PM
DROD2045
Lead Lap

Originally posted by manaray
Hey DROD2045, thanks for your PURE FACT commentary on my post but if you read it a little more carefully, you'll see that the point you're making is also the point I'm making.

When I said that the LS resembles a S-Class like most 5-spoke rims, I didn't mean that all 5-spoke rims look the same. I ment that they don't DON'T all look the same but they all share one thing in common....5-spokes...just like the LS and the S-Class share things in common (large 4 door sedan) but don't look exactly the same.

Yes, Jaguar did have quad round headlamp for years and so did BMW , but no one ever accuses Lexus of copying Jag or BMW (why, I don't know). Maybe I should have said that Lexus had quad headlights before Mercedes (in recent history)...

Sxys_SC4 - Do I have anything to say if you had a Movado? Yeah, I'd say is a POS and I wouldn't have bought it. Or would you like me to come up with some nice fluffy response instead? And yes, I did go off about my watches...so what?
Oh...so sorry. I feel quite ashamed now. i was a little mad last night, didnt mean to take it out on you. Mext time I wont be such a jerk
Old 06-11-01, 03:35 PM
sxys_sc4
Rookie

LOL. Take a chillpill? *show-off*
Old 06-11-01, 04:00 PM
hoops_24
Pole Position

Veilside...honestly, what does all that **** on your car actually do? I am debating if that car is the ugliest SC I have ever seen or is it the lowrider one that has been added to the gallery. Sorry guys, I know I shouldn't say that but WTF?

Why an SC? You should have bought a Toyota Echo or Ford Focus and added the High Karate kit. Come on baby!
Old 06-11-01, 07:46 PM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

I love my movado even though i dont wear it anymore. I think its a good second watch to grow up with. Then you move up from there.

Like buying a Corolla in high school then in college driving a new camry then after you graduate into a lexus .

Peace out guys.
Old 06-12-01, 11:29 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

1niceride - The problem with Movado is that for the price, you can buy a better quality watch. Granted, if you like the Movado design, then you don't have much choice. Personally, I would buy a Fortis, Oris, or Tissot watch over a Movado.

Also, buying used watches allows you to buy some great pre-owned watches at good prices...(you'd be surprised how large the used watch market is on the internet)...try www.timezone.com and www.watchnet.com. Both good sites, TimeZone is a little more "professional" looking and there are some SERIOUSLY knowledgeable people on there...

As for a Corolla, hey, I would take a AE86 Corolla right now.

sxys_sc4 - if I was "showing-off", I would have posted pictures of my Audemars Piguet...I was just SHARING a hobby outside of cars. Don't get all bitter because you own a Movado!

Hoops - Hehehe..maybe you should start another thread Personally, I would have done a much milder body kit but that's me...Thumbs up on the rims! Plus Veil is a very cool guy! Hoops, this scan is JUST for you! I say you trade in all your cars tommorow and move up to this...
Attached Thumbnails Pics of My SC from the DUB Show..-echo.jpg  
Old 06-13-01, 08:58 AM
sxys_sc4
Rookie

Talking my feelings are hurt........NOT

Well pardon this "sxy" for having a MOVADO. I, personally, like it and too bad you would've gotten some other watch eh. Being 21, I have more things to worry about BEFORE watches. Maybe when I'm OLD like you then I'll look into watches more and make sure that they aren't a POS.

ONE LOVE,
sxys_sc4

Anyone going to the SO CAL MEET?
Old 06-13-01, 08:26 PM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

Something must be wrong with the movado if eats batteries 2-3 months. I only had mine on for a year and never had to replace a battery. I believe it's still ticking in its box in my closet. Been there for 2 years now .

But my movado did have that problem with being scratched up. But most of it was my fault. Playing streetball with it instead of the rolex.

I am now in the rolex phase. I love it and plan on wearing it until i die.

My watch phase. 1 watch that had a game on it when i was in the 4th grade. 6th grade had a seiko. 8th grade a fossil. 9th grade another fossil cause i lost my first one. 11th had my movado. 12th had my first rolex. and now im on my second rolex.
Old 06-16-01, 01:28 PM
Sc400on20s
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wheel knock-offs...

Just to add some comments.....
Besides being 1-piece wheels (not the OG 3-piece), with knock-off wheels, you can't get it in the correct size - let's say you want a 18x9.5 in the front and 18x10.5 in the rear!!! I highly doubt that they'll have the size but even if they did they won't have the right offset!! Usually the highest offset offered would be a +40.

You pay for what you get!!!

By the way, I love kits! but not the outrageous kits - "Karate kit" - LOL that's a good one!!

I have a Auto Couture Kit (yes the real deal, Japan kit)being put on as we speak and I love it, very clean look!

I just got back from Japan and all the Soarer's I saw had kits on them and of course the staggered look on the wheels 8.5-9.5 w/245's(f) and 9.5-10.5 w/275's(r)!!!

PS. to each his own - some are conservative (I happen not to be!!) I like extreme with taste!!
Old 05-18-04, 10:32 AM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: WOW!

Originally posted by hoops_24
See, that is what a forum is about. If everyone just says how cool everyone's car looks, nobody learns anything.
I found this during a search and wanted to remind everyone of Hoops_24's Quote.
Old 05-18-04, 12:47 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read over this thread just now and I love it! ha ha ha....arguments are good as long as it's kept civil. I hate kits as well and could care less what the rage in Japan is, I live in America and have no plans to copy Japanese versions of our car. Mods are cool as long as they serve a purpose, even if that purpose is simply looks. I just happen to think that 99% of the kits out there look like overkill and take away from the car. I could go on for hours about the points I agree with and disagree with in this post but I'm hungry and I can smell La Salsa's down the street...see ya...

Last edited by mikeloc24; 05-18-04 at 12:48 PM.
Old 05-18-04, 03:13 PM
hoops_24
Pole Position

My old posts are still getting love after all these years........

Peace!