SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

I need an intake and stability

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-01, 03:44 PM
scfreak
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I have a 95 sc 400. I want to add an intake and I would like to stablize the ride a bit. I would prefer to buy (not make) the complete intake I am looking to spend 150 to 200. I saw the rmm intake for 249, but that is a bit too pricey. Any suggestions? In addition, I would like the car to handle a bit better. What can I do without modifying the suspension? I was thinking about rreplacing the sway bars etc. I have never modified any cars and am open to any suggestions please let me know.

One more thing I would like to add some more bass to the premium system (I am not sure if it is Nakamichi or not, it does not say it anywhere on the face) without adding another amp. Any suggestions on a couple good open air subs?

I would be eternally greatful for any advice and help I can get. Thanks

Last edited by scfreak; 05-30-01 at 04:12 PM.
Old 05-30-01, 04:01 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Intake & Strut Bar

I am also looking to getting an intake, but from what I hear around CL...You can make one yourself for about $50.
All you need is a MAF Adaptor plate (i think that's what it's called) and get yourself a nice cone filter and you're set!
I was also planning to make my own heat shield so that it looks a lot nicer and will get you the best performance out of it. Has anyone made their own heat shield and willing to share the pattern? I've seen some that just shield on the side, but I want to make one that covers the top as well. Maybe with plexiglass on top to show off the box...
As for handling I got a Cusco Front Strut Bar (check it out in the SC gallery) for about $150 shipped. I think it's the same strut bar from a 93 Supra TT (not 100% sure). I wonder if they make a rear strut bar?!?
I'm with you too on improving the system without doing too much yet. I think if it doesn't say Nakamichi, then you have the Pioneer system. It didn't say it on my car (92 SC400) and when I looked at the speakers it said "Pioneer" on them. So I guess it's a Pioneer system...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I'm sure there are many more SC owners that are like me and "scfreak" who are interested in the same thing

Tony
Old 05-30-01, 04:09 PM
scfreak
Driver School Candidate

Default slotted rotors

how much do they cost and what added benefits to they give to the car? what different brands are there?
Old 05-30-01, 07:20 PM
David Davis

Default Ait Intake system for SC

If you are looking for a replacement for the Air Intake system, then the K&N Cone filter kit for a 87-92 Supra Turbo will fit. www.alamomotorsports.com
Many Supras Owners are using the Lexus V8 AFM to increase air flow.
I got an upgraded set of shocks from Alamo-Tokico HP, lifetime warranty, for $69 each.

Dave
1992 SC400 with 102,000 miles
1989 Supra Turbo 152,000 miles
Old 05-30-01, 07:50 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

Welcome to the board! Many opinions on some of the ??? you asked... Well here's some thread info to search for some answers... it's worth the time reading and searching.......

look for the threads titled

*"Air filter Heat Shield Debate" thread starter "The Ikon" Check the SC Engine/Transmission section

*"After Market ignitions" thread starter "Big Guy SC 3"

*"Air filter recommendation" thread starter "VJ604"

*"Exhaust horsepower/sound gains" Thread starter "The Ikon" check the SC Engine/Transmission section

There's also a thread about turbo charging and super charging . There's one on Nitrous and many, many others about intakes.

Good luck searching for the need for speed!!!

The Ikon

Old 05-31-01, 07:46 PM
XX400
Rookie

Question

ACleanSC4 where did you get the strut bar for $150 shipped
Old 06-01-01, 12:49 AM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default David...

I got the front Cusco Strut bar from David @ www.gtautosports.com
I heard that he wasn't around anymore or he was really hard to get a hold of...But his service was excellent and he got them to me quick!! He had it in stock...you can see what it looks like in the SC4 gallery..
The price is around $150...not exactly...

Tony