SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

When Trucks Don't Stop

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-05, 10:21 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would definately take that **** to court.
Old 03-11-05, 11:37 PM
soulsoarer
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just in time, was going to write a forum how i hate ford suv. I got hit by 2 ford suv and the third one almost backended me on the hwy doing 50mph. When i looked in my back mirror i thought he/she should of hit me cuz it was so close. I can hear the car scretch and see tire smoke in my mirror. I swear i must have bad luck with these suv or they just love hitting cars smaller than them. Im always nervous when there is a line on the hwy cuz there always some dumbass who doesn't payattention and will slam on his break to late and smack u in the ***.
Old 03-12-05, 04:47 AM
MongolKhan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, damn, damn. Very painful pictures. And it is just bull***** what cop is saying, get a lawyer and take it to court.
Old 03-12-05, 05:59 AM
whizky
Driver School Candidate

Sorry to see that bro hope you get her back up soon....
Old 03-12-05, 07:14 AM
Koma

"Whenever you get into accident whether or not it's your fault, the other person always steps out of the car with this look on his face as if it were your fault."
*raising hands up, awestruck face*
"Why did you stop at a red light and let me hit you going 80?"
... oh Dane Cook, you crazy.. crazy.. man.
Old 03-12-05, 09:47 AM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Actually everyone was really cool after this one happened. They had a little daughter in their truck, so I'm glad it didn't flip or roll or anything like that.

I hope they don't need any type of medical treatment though, if they do they will probably sue me for it, and if its real I understand, but lets hope they are honest people.

I should be able to have my car back soon though.

Heres the funny part. My car drives and tracks PERFECTLY. When sitting the car and driving you can't even tell that I was involved in any type of accident. There are no strange sounds, no leaking fluids, the car doesn't pull or vibrate at all. Thats saying alot considering the amount of damage there is and that a 2000 GMC Sierra Exteneded cab Z71 hit me.

This car is a freakin tank. I am very happy that I was in a Lexus rather than something esle when that truck jumped off me.

Its why we drive the cars we drive and keep driving them after things like this!

BTW: Anyone know if they pay to replace my HIDs?

Last edited by IronCobra; 03-12-05 at 10:37 AM.
Old 03-12-05, 07:28 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you take it to court and show it was their fault, their insurance will cover all your damage and you should get any legal fees taken care of from them as well. Good luck
Old 03-12-05, 11:35 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Ouch. That looks like around $8k of damage. Sorry about that. I got into a little fender bender myself the other day. Not that bad though but around the same cost due to location.
Old 03-13-05, 12:15 AM
southernsc
Lexus Champion

I got hit in that exact same spot a while back. It cost me a total of $4,500 and some change. My front bumper, headlamp, corner lamp, side marker, quarter panel, high beam, all of the braces behind the front bumper, and the radiator braces.

I was lucky and it wasnt my fault so i didnt pay for anything.
Old 03-13-05, 01:17 AM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
You really want to play it this way? My mom is too and she signals and brakes fine as well but lets face it...asian women are stereotyped as bad drivers. I was always defensive when people brought up that stereotype, now I agree because I was in an accident. Anyway, I'm done with this thread...hard to imagine anybody would get offended by my post.
my mom almost smacked by a Accord a few nights ago, she didn't signal and she rolled through the stop sign.

and the damage doesn't look like much, but you never know until the bumper cover comes off. My car got rear ended a few months ago, initially it was $3K worth of damage, and because of some minor frame damage, it became 4K.
Old 03-13-05, 03:00 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

That really sucks man, I know exactly how you feel, it's happened to me before... How's this, I'm in a turning bay to a main street... she's in front of me, she goes... I look if there's any traffic and there's none so I accelerate and BOOM into the back of her *****box I go... small accident... my bumper got pushed under the bonnet slightly and the higbeam got dented in (that's all I can see), but her rear was gone. So, she accelerated and braked and I went into the back of her... this is at around 25km/h, and I got jipped $1000 because they got their lawyers onto me (I wouldn't pay up, it was something ridiculous and the thing shouldn't have been on the street it was in such atrocious condition...)
Old 03-13-05, 09:23 AM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Soarer_25GTT
That really sucks man, I know exactly how you feel, it's happened to me before... How's this, I'm in a turning bay to a main street... she's in front of me, she goes... I look if there's any traffic and there's none so I accelerate and BOOM into the back of her *****box I go... small accident... my bumper got pushed under the bonnet slightly and the higbeam got dented in (that's all I can see), but her rear was gone. So, she accelerated and braked and I went into the back of her... this is at around 25km/h, and I got jipped $1000 because they got their lawyers onto me (I wouldn't pay up, it was something ridiculous and the thing shouldn't have been on the street it was in such atrocious condition...)
Not to be mean, but it's 100% your fault. Whenever you run into someone, you're almost always at fault.

What if she had a Ferrari? Would it make any difference? Either way, your poor driving skills caused the accident, not hers.
Old 03-13-05, 01:42 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadd
Not to be mean, but it's 100% your fault. Whenever you run into someone, you're almost always at fault.

What if she had a Ferrari? Would it make any difference? Either way, your poor driving skills caused the accident, not hers.
Each to their own.

So would you say your statement is still correct when there's no traffic in front of her as in my situation?

Let's hope someone rear ends the crap outta me so I can say it's 100% their fault next time hey
Old 03-13-05, 01:45 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

I think the damage is going to be far more than I orriginally thought. The entire front of the car is shifted over. Not just the bumper. The driver side quarter panel is moved, the entire front passanger side of the car is sitting down about 3" lower than the driver's side. On a good note, my airbags did not deploy and the car drivers perfectly straight with no vibrations, no engine noise, and no abmornal feel.

So, I don't think I have frame damage, but I know just about 99% of the front will have to be replaced.

I figure in the $7,000-8,000 range. Progressive (my insurance) says the car is still worth well in the $14k-15k range so I might not get it totalled.

I just want my car back fixed

I removed my HID kit from the car, Both bulbs appear to be in good shape, the Driver side works with no problems. I'm hoping that I can fix the wires on the passanger side relay and it will work also. Anyone have a spare wiring harness for a Hella Ballast HID kit?

Last edited by IronCobra; 03-13-05 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03-13-05, 01:50 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Soarer_25GTT
Each to their own.

So would you say your statement is still correct when there's no traffic in front of her as in my situation?

Let's hope someone rear ends the crap outta me so I can say it's 100% their fault next time hey
Come on guys, lets make peace.

Quick Reply: When Trucks Don't Stop