Help with car locks

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-05, 03:09 PM
KoSC300
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need Help with Trunk and Door Keyholes/Locks

Originally Posted by lopes03
Sorry to hear about that GS4Fun had the same problem when I first got my GS. Parked on a heavy traffic st on night, they tried poping my locks. I guess they weren't too good at it cause they didn't take anything that I could tell. I went to my cousin and he told me to shave the locks cause it would just probably happen again. So what he basically did was take out the lock weld a metal piece to the back of the door handle and fill in the hole with bondo and paint of it. Came out pretty nice. The only problem with this is that I have to be careful my car battery doesn't die and the battery in the remote doesn't die out on me.

Hi there, my name is Komain and I just joined ClubLexus. This is my first time joining any kind of forum, so please excuse me if I go about things in the wrong way, or post things in the wrong areas. Anyhow, I plan on buying a 1992 Sc300 within a few weeks from a friend. However, the car was involved in a front end hit a month ago. On top of that, a week ago, some kids broke into it trying to steal the sound system. In the process, they messed up the passenger side keyhole, trunk keyhole, and also the trunk release-lock keyhole located inside the car (must've jammed it with a screwdriver or something). Because both trunk and trunk lock keyholes are damaged, I have no way of getting into the trunk right now. I saw Alewifebp's post about how he had his key hole fixed for only $150. I'm a college student, so funding is limited and the majority of my money will go to fixing the front end which is pretty bad. So to start,

1) Is there a way to get my trunk open without tearing apart my trunk or backseat?
2)Can you please give me the information of the place to get this fixed in Jersey? I'm located in LI, NY and dont have a problem with traveling a little far to get this done cheaper.
3) Does anyone know of a post for DIY of changing all these locks?
4) Can I get them else-where besides the dealer?
5) Lastly, well, for now at least.. =P.... does shaving the door handles and installing poppers the way lopes03 had his cousin do, prevent this kind of intrusion?

Thanks in advance... Ko
Attached Thumbnails Help with car locks-dsc02633.jpg  

Last edited by KoSC300; 04-03-05 at 12:29 AM.
Old 04-08-05, 03:58 AM
KoSC300
Instructor

33 views....... and nothing? is there no one out there that can help me with my locks? or at least the wiring to help me get into the trunk?
Old 04-08-05, 05:57 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Take the dash apart and remove the trunk switch. Unplug the connector and jump the two terminals with a paper clip. That will pop your trunk.
Old 04-08-05, 07:11 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
Forum Moderator

Received 363 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by CleanSC
Take the dash apart and remove the trunk switch. Unplug the connector and jump the two terminals with a paper clip. That will pop your trunk.

Bingo................ Jed's a millionaire.

If you wanna go the quicker route, wire some C4 into the trunk hole and run like hell.
Old 04-08-05, 05:46 PM
KoSC300
Instructor

I'll try that tomorrow afternoon, thanks for the help.
Old 04-08-05, 06:06 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KoSC300
I'll try that tomorrow afternoon, thanks for the help.
the C4 trick? Be sure to post pics!!!!!
Old 04-09-05, 08:54 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hammers always open things too

JK, good luck.

Jonny
Old 04-13-05, 05:44 AM
KoSC300
Instructor

sweet, got it going... thanks again
Old 04-13-05, 05:48 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Good to hear.
Old 04-13-05, 06:32 AM
TWISTED II
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just found an SC at the junkyard, and its trunk was closed and of course they remove the battery. so you shoulda seen the number i did on that trunk to get that wing off. hahaha. i literally peeled the sides of the trunk up with a crowbar and bent the hinges enough to get a look at the locking thing and mess with that some more with a screwdriver. but i finally got it opened and got my wing 40 bucks.
Old 04-13-05, 09:23 AM
London Bill
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TWISTED II
i just found an SC at the junkyard, and its trunk was closed and of course they remove the battery. so you shoulda seen the number i did on that trunk to get that wing off. hahaha. i literally peeled the sides of the trunk up with a crowbar and bent the hinges enough to get a look at the locking thing and mess with that some more with a screwdriver. but i finally got it opened and got my wing 40 bucks.
Might have been easier to pop a hole throught the rear lamp or rear panel and flick the trunk release lever.
Attached Thumbnails Help with car locks-trunklock.jpg  

Last edited by London Bill; 04-13-05 at 09:30 AM.
Old 04-13-05, 09:31 AM
TWISTED II
Pole Position

Originally Posted by London Bill
Might have been easier to pop a hole throught the rear lamp or rear panel and flick the trunk release lever.
ah, easier yes.....but fun, nah, my way is more fun.
Old 04-13-05, 09:36 AM
Arizona
Lead Lap

I searched for Alewifebp's post and couldnt find it. Where do you go to get that stuff fixed. My passenger door lock is damgaged and the trunk lock isnt even there. A body shop can do this right? Also where do you get new keys cut? Dealer only.?
Old 04-13-05, 11:56 PM
BigManne
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you pop off the panel that the trunk pop lock is on you can get it to unlock by pocking a little black spring loadedbutton kinda. when you take it off. hold it like it is mounted in your car . there is a slot at the base of the black trim around the lock. just puch that black tab in and the lock wil pop down. it should be unlocked now just pull the lever and it should pop the trunk . i can try to show pics if i can find a digital camera..
Old 04-14-05, 12:13 AM
BigManne
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

umm yea i didnt read that he got it fixed

Quick Reply: Help with car locks