SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

"whatthehell##" under the SC gallery

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-01, 01:06 AM
hellasboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry... but I HAD to post something about 'it' under the forums. This has got to be the WORST SC i have ever had the mispleasure of viewing. Where to start...

1) BMW Z3 air intakes: ??? this is tasteless on a civic, it's not going to be any better on a Lexus. It simply looks like some strips were cut out with a purple mesh placed underneath.

2) Extra Side marker (behind wheel well): They don't match OEM, aren't even lined up correctly. Not even the same color and they stick out.

3) that thing covering the back of the car: found on caddy's. looks like if you hit enough speed the wind will catch it and rip it off. i've seen that on cadillac coupes, but last time i check, the prev gen SC was a sport coupe.

4) wheels: a matter of opinion. they fit in with the style of the car. at least they aren't 13" daytons that have been spaced out to hell.

5) stickers: please don't stick a clublexus sticker with those others, it's embarassing.

i probably missed more, but that car actually sickens me. i could go on, but i won't, i'll let the rest of you highlight it. who uploaded those pics? what i like... the headlights have been cleaned out.... ummm...
Old 06-08-01, 06:00 AM
MISURA

:eek: OMG!!!

The faux convertible cover can be excused... IF YOU'RE OVER 70 AND RETIRED IN FLORIDA WITH PLAID PANTS UP OVER YOUR BELLY BUTTON!

The wing tips on the rims, are those like the ones from the movie GREASE. If someone gets close he can dig into thier side door or wheels.... I waste my time. Lates.
Old 06-08-01, 11:30 AM
mindflux
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love it.

It's ohh well...

...different.

<<<Mindflux ran to the bathroom and puked his guts out>>>

Mind
Old 06-09-01, 12:43 AM
BlackSC300
Driver School Candidate

Default the IT

i can across the ghetto/most ridiculous SC ive ever seen in my life while browsing through the galleries of an import car site. i thought it was the nastiest "thing" ive ever seen and being an SC owner myself i had to post those ugly pics and see how everyone reacted to them. yeah wtf is up with that SC..its like he is trying to turn it into a 1970's caddilac for a tacky pimp. its as if the owner is trying to put some 3 wheel motion on it as if its a 64 impala. all he needs is some naked lady flaps and those curb things =P. the roof is horrible...looks like he chopped off the original roof and got all caddilac/convertible looking. there is another pic which i didnt post which shows all sorts of subwoofers and amps which replaced the rear seats, which is the cause for the riduculous roof...adding to the monstrosity. i just cant believe that someone could make such a beautiful car look so bad...it makes me and other SC owners out there feel upset. and my question to the owner (if he goes on this site) is why???
Old 06-09-01, 03:06 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess the guy couldn't find a six duce Impala to do up so he figured a SC was close enough!

To each his own I guess...

I think fake rims on a stock SC might have been a better move!

Hey, I don't think this SC is any more ghetto than when I see other cars with ghetto *** rims like Lexani's and Arelli's (and Giovanna's, Alba's, etc.)...especially those Arelli Assassyns...Jesus! They have GOT to be the UGLIEST rims in existance...well, next to Ronal Teddy Bear rims...but those are kinda funny.
Old 06-10-01, 02:28 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up you guys are cool!

I am really disappointed in you guys, I stay more in the ES forum but when I read these posts I had to say something. Wait Are you going to laugh at me cause I have an ES 300, oh its a 92 oh no its to old huh? Its going on ten years, forgive me guys, and hey my rims aren’t lowenhearts, so I’m a college student, damn it I knew I should have blown my college fund on those 20's I only have 18's and there chrome, is that to tacky for you guys! You know what, I have seen this car in person at the “Lowrider Magazine Car Show” and it’s awesome to see some one put so much time and personality into a piece of steel. Oh ya and I’m Mexican, you might want to stop reading this if you also have something against Mexicans. "MexwithaLex" I say this as I extend my middle finger to those who have a problem with a Mexican driving a Lexus! Because in my town there are plenty of haters. Any way, being Mexican I can relate to this guy’s style. I may not like this car, but I respect what he did and I’m not going to knock it or any one else’s car at that. I’m 20 now and when I was in my teens I used to laugh at other people car creations, but I have matured a lot since then and if they are happy and have fun doing it then I’m not going to going to be the one to nock them. Maybe when you guys grow out of your teens and hit your twenties you will mature also. I don’t know but I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you guys. I can't believe you guys are so hard on him. All your cars look the same, I don’t even bother sifting through you pics. You want to know why he did this. If all of your hundreds of SC coupes where lined up in a row, with his mixed in I, and I think most people would look at his. Because his is unique it might be ugly in your opinion but you would go look at it. I have seen your cars on the street and in the magazines and every freekin where else, but no one else has a SC tricked out like him. The back window is shaped like a Lexus logo. He molded it himself it took 2 months to make. You have all your crap ordered already made ready to bolt on...wow that’s impressive guys real original you all rock the same rims with the same five body kits. Are you trying to look alike… or is it an accident? Can someone stop with the lowenhaerts already? My point is that those pics of that car are the last one posted right? The newest? Well the reason he said he tricked it out like that was to do something different; he already has a Chevy impala. And I guess his theory worked, because his pics that he didn’t even post here have more hits then your neat little SC's that have been posted weeks ago, double the hits! So why don’t you go look at them again?

My culture: Another reason why I’m offended at your guys behavior is the fact that I was born and raised around low-riders, my uncle alone has a Malibu and three sixty-four impalas that will all smoke the **** out of your SC’s. A 350 V8 with a blower a beautiful thing. Oops I’m getting a little off track. Any way, low-riders are part of my culture so when you slam cars like that it disrespects me in away. So go ahead and post your replies to my post and knock me all you want, go check my car out its in the ES gallery the gold and silver one with the chrome 18’s seven spoke and Lexus spelled out in gold letters on the front bumper. Go look at it. I'll even start the capping for you.

Look at that car it’s a piece of crap…who does he think he is? It’s not even lowered!
Old 06-10-01, 07:23 PM
hellasboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

""MexwithaLex" I say this as I extend my middle finger to those who have a problem with a Mexican driving a Lexus"
This has NOTHING to do with being Mexican! Where did you see any Mexican bashing? I'm reading it over, yet I still don't see any Mexican bashing.

Uniqueness doesn't equal good. This is given. Great, he spent two months on creating a lexus logo for his back window, great for him, i bet it was really hard. But just because you put a lot of work into a car doesn't mean that you ought to deserve any respect. He should have put more work into lining up his side markers (and color), he should have put more work into getting some decent looking Z3 side intakes, he should have put more work into fitting the cover better. If you're going to spend 2 months on a logo, the LEAST you can do is spend more time on the rest of the car. Also, when did lowrider style incorporate BMW Z3 side intakes? I admit, I like some lowriders, some are done up really nice, but don't the Z3's break up the style? If you can't take any criticism about your car, then don't advertise it (or show it to anyone). Simple.

"My culture: Another reason why I’m offended at your guys behavior is the fact that I was born and raised around low-riders, my uncle alone has a Malibu and three sixty-four impalas that will all smoke the **** out of your SC’s"
again, WHERE did we bash the culture?!? We didn't talk **** about impalas but you start talking **** about our SC's. Classy.

Last edited by hellasboy; 06-11-01 at 12:20 AM.
Old 06-11-01, 03:23 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

L_Sport - Bro, relax! Man, I grew up in what you could call a predominately Hispanic neighborhood, East Los Angeles/Boyle Heights. I happen to LIKE and RESPECT lowriders and I happen to be friends with a lot of people who are into lowriders. No one was ripping on the fact that he was Mexican!

Wouldn't you much rather see a well done up 1942 "Series 61" Caddy than "lowrider" Lexus?

Also, no one was ripping on YOUR car. I think you're taking these posts just a bit too personally...

As for smoking the **** outta of SC, so you're telling me that your Uncle's Malibu or Impala is doing better than Toyomoto's SC300 (10.94 @ 123MPH)? Would he race a little Honda Civic too? Like Steve Papdakis's Civic (8.499 @ 171.93MPH)? Or Lisa Kubo's Civic (9.142 @ 152.95MPH)? If he's beating those times, I'm REALLY impressed...he should consider going pro.

Oh, and tell me, when did we change the 1st Amendment? Aren't we entitled to our opinions? You know, that whole little ditty about freedom of speech and whatnot? I agree with Hellasboy, if you don't want criticism of your car, don't post it...

Oh, as for your comment about how a lot of people would look if we lined up all of the "other" SC's and stuck in this "lowrider" SC, you're absolutely right! More people probably would look...just like more people would look at a guy who's been shot in the head with a 12 gauge shotgun laying dead on the floor than they would at a group of guys dressed in different designer suits...it's called morbid curiosity.

There's no need to make this crap racial. It's not. That's just one ugly SC in OUR opinion. If YOU like it, great!
Old 06-11-01, 03:53 AM
Toan Nguyen
Pole Position

Default I think it looks sorta cheap...

I have no idea what a "lowrider" is since I'm not in the US, but the car just looks cheap. A stock SC with nothing done to it looks better than that car. If he was going to do something to it... I would have chopped the roof for a convertible look. At least that looks classy and cheaply/easily done. (someone say chainsaw and grinder? ) I dont have a real opinion of the wheels, and the Z3 fake air grilles I dont mind either... It's just the roof looks really really bad... Like really really bad.

Just my 0.02c

Toan.
Old 06-13-01, 11:07 AM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look I know what you guys are saying, and I was out of line mentioning what my uncle’s impalas can do. I also wouldn’t do an SC that way, but it does bother me that if I did want to do something that isn’t your guys style I might have to drop out of this club because you guys might not accept it. I just think ripping up a guys car is like ripping up his girlfriend you just don’t go there, its one thing to say man that guy shouldn’t have done that, it doesn’t look good on a SC or that looks ugly on that car, but to go further and disrespect by saying things like it made me puke and stuff like that is not necessary. At least I don’t think it is. I think we both see each other’s point of views. At least I see your point and I hope you see mine. And might have been pretty ruff in my first post. I posted it wen I first read this stuff and reading it here caught me off guard because I have had such a good experience here at club Lexus, but I’m not as heated now so I hope you can take something away from what I said…thanks L-sport.
Old 06-13-01, 11:49 AM
MISURA

Thumbs up

That's cool.