SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

How to get rid of SUV's

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-01, 04:25 PM
Francis K
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yea....

TOPLEX, this is not that type of forum, if you wanna bash people's posting go somewhere else please. Besides, Sick has a bit more seniority here and it's like your 10th post and your already going postal.

ANYWAY, I own a big a$$ suv, but I can also agree what your guys are saying about many SUV's. For example, ESCALADES NAVIGATORS suburbans and EXCURSIONS. I said it before and I'll say it once more, I consider not as auto's but as mochery of vehiclel.
Old 06-15-01, 02:30 PM
whitediamond
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The solution to the SUV Virus

We exception to our Lexus Sisters and Brothers that made the SUV purchase based on proper breeding and upbringing, this solution will work to rid ourselves of the SUV virus that has plaqued the land.
You see, SUV owners are SHEEP that flock with the rest of the herd. They follow and do what others do regardless of any lack of a reason. So this is the solution. Get a bait SUV like a GM or Cherokee. Get the word out to the SUV herd that a SUV will be doing something no other SUV owner has done (yet). Now take the SUV into an area that no sane person would venure into and park the SUV, never to be moved again. All of the other sheep (SUV owners) inthe land will flock to this area and since they only follow and not lead, they will never leave! We can call this :
The Great Herd

Oh I forgot to mention that my fiance wants to get a Highlander. I must say that they are pretty nice, though id rather her get a Solara with TRD supercharger. She told me that I wanted her to get that so I can drive it. Men would never do that, I say!

Last edited by whitediamond; 06-15-01 at 02:35 PM.
Old 06-15-01, 06:48 PM
garnet92
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default A conceited 64 yr old brat

Sounds like we struck a nerve! There's a difference between opinions and facts - those lines get blurred sometimes in this forum - so be it.

Big SUV's block our view the same way a 18-wheeler blocks yours - like it? That's a fact - not an opinion. Most roads & parking lots were designed for normal cars, not trucks - it reduces the margin of error when aiming down the highway or hoggin a parking spaces(s). This, my friend, is a fact. All normal sized automobiles, not just SC's face the same situation - we don't have to like it!

This sound familiar?

The roads are for all size vehicles, and just because you choose to drive a road hogging, high sitting/viewpoint. inefficient, heavy polluting, high horsepowered, SUV, you expect the world to give you special dispensation...Get a life.

Regards to all!
Old 06-17-01, 07:41 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by Slick Lex Coupe
I look at it this way. I don't have a problem with SUVs in general, just some of the people that drive them. If you have something that you need to tow or enjoy off-roading then I have no problems. I just don't like the idea of someone driving one around all day and never using it for what it was meant to do. SUVs will decline soon and here is why. A long time ago the stationwagon was the symbol of family transport. This meant in some peoples' minds that they were not "cool" or whatever. So families took over the van segment. Remember custom vans. They were cool, then the companies started making minivans and such targeting families. So now minivans are looked upon as uncool. Now where does the fashion conscious family turn??? The SUV. They are cool for now. But look at the companies that are making them are turing them into cars/minivans. They are always bragging about car like rides and things like that. So now SUVs are the symbol of a family car. Does anyone agree with me or am I crazy? Thoughts please.
Totally agree with you Slick Lex and this is why..

If you notice what the automakers are bringing out in their concept vehicles you see the next big wave will be vehicles like the Audi All-Road.. Toyota is making the Matrix and Pontiac is making the Vibe.. The list goes on.. Besides with the price of gas going the way that it is I know from talking to friends/co-workers of mine that they are looking at smaller vehicles for their next purchase.. Either small utes or back to 4-door cars.. But as long as these huge a$$ vehicles (Sorry LX owners.. You too) are deemed as status symbols it looks like we will keep seeing them on the road for now..