New SC300 Owner ...Just saying hi!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-05, 04:04 PM
Cloud9
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SupraCoup3
great condition & price!

does the car have all original panels & no accidents? If so, you got a deal.

JT

yeah all the panels are good and no accidents.

anybody know where I can get a 97+ front bumper, side skirts, rear bumper (preferably in my color)? I would post on the sc300 classifieds but I was wondering if anybody knew of any other sources. TIA
Old 04-19-05, 05:26 PM
Cloud9
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ki_soarer
love the color combo!! what are your plans for it?
Thanks! Well right now I'm restoring it to get it to close to new condition - clean the engine external and internals, maybe dye the carpet to black, condition the leather, paint some interior pieces because some have scuffs and stains that soap can't get out.

In the long run, I'm thinking 97+ body upgrade, Moda R6 or Volks rims, suspension, WALD kit. we'll see if my dreams becomes a reality. I want to keep it close to the clean OEM look and not stray far from it. I don't want to pour tons of money into a $8k car but I do want to make it look nice and keep it for a long time.

These forums have been alot of help but also has given me too many mod ideas
Old 04-19-05, 07:21 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Cloud9
Thanks! Well right now I'm restoring it to get it to close to new condition - clean the engine external and internals, maybe dye the carpet to black, condition the leather, paint some interior pieces because some have scuffs and stains that soap can't get out.

In the long run, I'm thinking 97+ body upgrade, Moda R6 or Volks rims, suspension, WALD kit. we'll see if my dreams becomes a reality. I want to keep it close to the clean OEM look and not stray far from it. I don't want to pour tons of money into a $8k car but I do want to make it look nice and keep it for a long time.

These forums have been alot of help but also has given me too many mod ideas
My question is how are you going to drive that thing around the streets of Berkeley. When I took my car out there, I was dying on the potholes on Bancroft and University. Unless the rumors of newly paved streets are true since I graduated
Old 04-19-05, 07:31 PM
Cloud9
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kaotiq
My question is how are you going to drive that thing around the streets of Berkeley. When I took my car out there, I was dying on the potholes on Bancroft and University. Unless the rumors of newly paved streets are true since I graduated

Actually the streets are pretty decent over there. I graduated 3 years ago but I do go there often since my gf lives there. I guess they fixed up the streets recently.

I'm more worried about SF streets which is where I live/work. Sometimes I feel like I need a SUV just to get around here!
Old 04-19-05, 07:58 PM
KrazeMatik
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey congrats on the car love. the pics...the interior looks like its in very good condition n e wayz welcome to the forums
Old 04-20-05, 06:09 AM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Cloud9
Actually the streets are pretty decent over there. I graduated 3 years ago but I do go there often since my gf lives there. I guess they fixed up the streets recently.

I'm more worried about SF streets which is where I live/work. Sometimes I feel like I need a SUV just to get around here!
yeah SF is a killer.