SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Fog lamps...I mean "turning lights"

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-01, 05:07 PM
MySCzToOPHaT

IF wired correctly this is perfectly safe, just make sure the shop knows what they're doing. But ya it would still blink and other wise it would just stay on.
Old 06-15-01, 05:19 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay MyScTOophat,thanks i will try it on my LS,you live in Southern Cali right,my turn signals are blue and if they stay on with the blue light will i get busted by the cops if they see it.It would be like having blue foglights.

Also i have a light strobe beater,it blinks my lights like airplane lights,3clicks fast and 2 clicks slow,can the relay still work?
Old 06-16-01, 10:06 AM
MySCzToOPHaT

edogg-
It depends on how the shop wires the lights. my motto is "anythins possible" I would contact the shop your going to have do the lights and explain the situation. I'm almost positive it can be done. As for the blue lights, how blue we talkin about? if its a hyper white blue that shouldnt be a problem but if its a deep dark blue the cops will hastle you for it. Legally havin the hyperwhite fogs is illegal, BUT most of the cars on the street have those lights as bumper lights and cops seem to jus let it slide.. keep in mind that you own a lexus and they'll be more inclined to bust a honda or acura for that then us =P
Old 06-16-01, 04:59 PM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

I remember seeing a post here not too long ago about the same subject, and a guy got his "cornering" lights rewired so they would turn on when his headlights were turned on.
Shaft ....i dont mean to be rude or anything (just correcting u), I have a 92 SC300 and on both the 300 and 400, fog lights weren't available as a standard feature or in a package. From 92-94, the SC's had cornering lights. In 95, the SC's got fog lights instead of cornering lights.
Old 06-16-01, 05:23 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

MySCcTOoPhat,it is like a north carolina tar heel blue,but a just a tad daker.Sorta like the HID Blue.
Old 06-18-01, 09:26 AM
MySCzToOPHaT

edogg- That sounds like it will probably be OK, just remember that most cops are @sses when it comes to fixed up cars so if they wanna get you, they will. I would recommend jus gettin higher wattage hyperwhite bulbs. You dont want your "fog lights" lookin more blue then your headlights.
Old 06-18-01, 09:35 AM
wolfy187
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default well..my 2 cents

i actually had my cornering lights redone as fog lamps. here's my difference. i have a 92 sc....but i bought a body kit that came with the newere style lights. you know, they are rounder in the later model sc's. anyway, i had relays put in, no problem took like 30 minutes, but i was smelling a burning plastic smell whenever they were on. Not sure if the wattage in the earlier lamps and the older ones are different or not, shouldn't be. but i don't know now. I am on the east coast now and i can't just go back to the shop in LA i had it done.

anyways just saying it ain't too bad and easy to do

Arthur
Old 06-18-01, 10:42 AM
MySCzToOPHaT

wolfy- I think the round lights you are talkin about are the fog lights that come with the later model SCs. The Fog light bulbs require a lot more juice then then the regular turning lights that we're using. This might account for the smell. To correct this i would use fog light wire harness rather then the relays. But if its workin fine as is..then its all good. peace
Old 06-18-01, 11:35 AM
wolfy187
Pole Position

Default need new harness

nope...busted the relays i think already. so i think i will need to order a new set of wires for the foglights. umm.. hmm anyone have a clue how much those are??

Arthur
Old 06-18-01, 12:50 PM
MySCzToOPHaT

a wire harness kit for fog lights usually cost about $40.
Old 06-18-01, 07:54 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

There's is a thread with "Bangbang001" and "Lexlyf" concerning the conversion. I am waiting for one of those guys to respond to my request for the schematics... If he sends it to me I'll post the directions.
Old 06-23-01, 09:49 AM
sxys_sc4
Rookie

Question

MySCzToOPHaT
where did you go to get the corner lights rewired. i have been wanting to do this but have no clue where to go to be done. please advise. how much did you end up paying?

sxys_sc4
92 SC400
Old 06-23-01, 10:01 AM
MySCzToOPHaT

Theres a place in San Gabriel called Kembo. They are near the Corner of San Gabriel Blvd. and Las Tunas. North of the 10 fwy. (626) 292 7660. Ask for Calvin and let him know that Mike with the Lexus sent you. It shouldnt be more then $40-50. Maybe more depending on wat you want ur lights to do...peace
Old 06-23-01, 10:07 AM
MySCzToOPHaT

Theres a place in San Gabriel called Kembo. They are near the Corner of San Gabriel Blvd. and Las Tunas. North of the 10 fwy. (626) 292 7660. Ask for Calvin and let him know that Mike with the Lexus sent you. It shouldnt be more then $40-50. Maybe more depending on wat you want ur lights to do...peace
Old 06-28-01, 08:44 PM
sxys_sc4
Rookie

Lightbulb YAY!

Hello everybody. So I finally went to the place that MySCzToOPHaT recommended me to go, KEMBO. Anyways, as I have been wanting to rewire my cornering lights, well, they are finally done! What I had asked to be done was for the cornering lights to have its OWN on & off switch!

RESULTS:
1. When I turn on my signal lights, the cornering lights do not turn on anymore.
2. Whenever I want my "cornering lights" to turn on, I just press the SWITCH!....

It's pretty nice now. The bulbs got changed as well to superwhite.

Just some information.....
Thanks MySCzToOPHaT for telling me that place.

sxys_sc4
92 beige SC 400 stock

Quick Reply: Fog lamps...I mean "turning lights"