SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Whats up Im new

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-05, 01:44 PM
aero
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats up Im new

Alright Im new here, I used to own a 92 LS400 and loved it, but sold it for a 2001 celca which I turbo charged. The celica was fun, and fast but I miss my lexus. Ive decided to part out the celica after someone offered me 3K for my custom turbo kit. Im in the market for a high miles SC300 and I am planning on Dropping the JDM 1JZ in it.

Im giong to need some guidance from people who have already done this, so any help would be appriciated.

Just a few questions.
Is it worth the extra 3K for a 2JZ engine and then having to make the custom drive shaft?

where can I find a pedal set for the 5spd 1JZ tranny since Im probubly going to have to buy a auto SC?

Will suspention pieces made for 93+ supras fit SC300s?

how much power are people getting out of the 1JZ with FMIC, cam gears, intake, exhaust, and a higher boost setting?

Just a few NOOB questions I know, but I started out the same way on the celica forums and built one of the fastest celica GT's in the nation. (12psi on stock internals)
Old 04-22-05, 02:10 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
Forum Moderator

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

Welcome to Cl. Try those two forums up there ^^^
Old 04-22-05, 04:52 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aero
Alright Im new here, I used to own a 92 LS400 and loved it, but sold it for a 2001 celca which I turbo charged. The celica was fun, and fast but I miss my lexus. Ive decided to part out the celica after someone offered me 3K for my custom turbo kit. Im in the market for a high miles SC300 and I am planning on Dropping the JDM 1JZ in it.

Im giong to need some guidance from people who have already done this, so any help would be appriciated.

Just a few questions.
Is it worth the extra 3K for a 2JZ engine and then having to make the custom drive shaft?

where can I find a pedal set for the 5spd 1JZ tranny since Im probubly going to have to buy a auto SC?

Will suspention pieces made for 93+ supras fit SC300s?

how much power are people getting out of the 1JZ with FMIC, cam gears, intake, exhaust, and a higher boost setting?

Just a few NOOB questions I know, but I started out the same way on the celica forums and built one of the fastest celica GT's in the nation. (12psi on stock internals)
the 2JZGTE is worth the money in my book... but its a lot more.
as far as the pedals go, you can get them from the dealer for an SC.
yes, anything relating to suspension/brakes/chassis that is made for a MKIV supra will work on an SC.
and for your last question.... i have a friend that is making 919WHP from a 1JZ with a built motor, and HKS twins... just imagine if he goes with a huge single!!

hope that helped a little... try searching, or visit www.intellexual.net. im sure all of your questions can be answered there!!

and welcome to the family... when you get your SC.
Old 04-22-05, 04:59 PM
aero
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks alot, Im for sure doing it as soon as I can get this celica sold, Im sure Ill get to know you guys real well in the comming months