Hi am looking for a 98 sc 400 front and rear bumper can anyone help
Old 01-14-09, 01:52 PM
JPSFAB
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by toyofreak
Car Year - 1999 SC400
Part type - full kit (Front, Sides, Rear)
Part make - Origina Labs
Part construction - FRP
Source - RaceonUSA
Price - $800
Fitment - Considering this is a JDM kit, this is pretty dismal. I think if either myself or the shop I choose were not perfectionist, then the kit would have fitted OK. Alot of custom work to have it fit perfect.

The rear bumper required mount holes, custom mounting brackets, and the required some level of where the body met the bumper. One side had to be filled while the other sie shaved down. We are talking a few millimeters, but that was enough to make it not perfect.

The side skirts were about 5mm too short, which again required custom mounting and extension. Looks like Origin Labs measured the inside of the dimensions of the car making it too short. My shop mounted to the body using screws and then bondoed over them.

The front bumper also required some filling right a the very front. and a corner didn't fit and required some glassing.

Surface was glass smooth, almost no prep work needed. Primer, light wet sand and paint. Not a bad kit, but these were the problems my shop encountered. I would have probably gotten it to fit myself with everything being a hair off.

Installation - Done by body shop
Durability - Unsure, car is still there

Before and after pics of the rear bumper. You can see the slight difference in the leveling and the required filling and shaving.

Side skirt pics, you can see the mount holes and the bondo on the corner.

Glass required for the at the corner of the front bumper. And you can see the bondo on where the bumper meets the hood.

So.....is this the correct way to fit the side skirts. The larger side goes towards the front....right? I have the same as kit as pictured above and both sides look very similar. I cant tell the difference. HELP!!!!!! I just need to know if the larger side goes towards the front.
Old 01-14-09, 07:41 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JPSFAB
So.....is this the correct way to fit the side skirts. The larger side goes towards the front....right? I have the same as kit as pictured above and both sides look very similar. I cant tell the difference. HELP!!!!!! I just need to know if the larger side goes towards the front.
Nope. The larger side goes to the rear. It's just not the Vertex kit, but for most kits as well. I haven't seen any car with the big end and small rear. That's a funny looking and not flowing with the car shape. I'm not talking about cars with body kits, but to all cars. You can call the body kit manufacturers and they'll tell you the same as I do.
Old 01-15-09, 08:47 AM
JPSFAB
Driver

Originally Posted by stevechumo
Nope. The larger side goes to the rear. It's just not the Vertex kit, but for most kits as well. I haven't seen any car with the big end and small rear. That's a funny looking and not flowing with the car shape. I'm not talking about cars with body kits, but to all cars. You can call the body kit manufacturers and they'll tell you the same as I do.
Thanks for the info........I've been looking at other pictures and some have the larger side in front but majority of them go towards the rear. Okay, once it warms up (chicago weather sucks right now).......I'll attempt to install the kit and post pics.
Old 01-15-09, 12:16 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JPSFAB
Thanks for the info........I've been looking at other pictures and some have the larger side in front but majority of them go towards the rear. Okay, once it warms up (chicago weather sucks right now).......I'll attempt to install the kit and post pics.
No problem, buddy. I had bad experiences with auto body shops so I don't trust any of them. I gotta tell them exactly what I needed to get done, otherwise, they'll screw it up. They could restore the damaged body to a stock look, but most of shops don't have the taste on body kits or know how to make the car looks better.
Old 01-28-09, 03:10 AM
lfrers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Car Year - 1997 SC300
Part type - full kit (Front, Sides, Rear)
Part make - JIC
Part construction - FG
Source - FSR Motorsport creations
Price - $1500
Fitment - JDM kit it was pretty good.

The JIC rear lip is made for a 92-96 rear bumper, if you try to put it on a 97 the fit would be horrible. You need to put a 95 Rear bumper and extensions on. The early bumpers have a place for it to sit in

The skirts needed a little tweaking in the corner edges by the doors and the body shop added little custom mounting brackets underneath.

The rear bumper required 2 mount holes by the license plate and one on each side of the rear fender well. The rest is double stick body tape and the fitment was not that good. But I think that was more the shop than the kit.
My exhaust tips are way too far in now and don't even show.

The front bumper fit perfect. A little trim near the spot where it butted up against the huge FMIC.

Surface was smooth, almost no prep work needed. My first kit so I don't know much but the body guy said it was not bad kit.

Installation - Done by body shop $800 (included repainting drivers door)
Durability - Scraped the hell out of it already front & rear. Did not crack.

It is very low in the front and long over all.

Last edited by lfrers; 11-06-10 at 10:53 AM.
Old 02-20-09, 03:24 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

anyone have the wise front lip they sell on ebay ???
Old 02-20-09, 04:27 PM
mr/griffin
Lead Lap

anyone got cf doors?
Old 02-22-09, 04:39 PM
jdm93400
Pole Position

any body know where to find a lip for my sc400
Old 02-23-09, 06:17 AM
JPSFAB
Driver

Originally Posted by jdm93400
any body know where to find a lip for my sc400
what's up man. you can try Raceonusa. they sell an aftermarket oem style front lip for the 92-96 bumper. i've also seen members here use the same lip for the 97 + bumper.
Old 03-21-09, 08:38 AM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wise ebay lip
Fitment 10/10
Attached Thumbnails SC300/400 Aero parts fitment feedback thread-n673775296_6283906_4535967.jpg  
Old 05-29-09, 09:48 AM
96RedLexSC
Rookie

I have a question to who ever has the AutoCouture kit. I am thinking of purchasing it but I was wondering on fitment. Are the side skirts & front bumper direct bolt on? I made the HORRIBLE mistake 3 1/2 yrs ago by purchasing a knock off Vertex, wish I never had. To those reading this DONT BUY KNOCK OFF. Any help would be great.
Old 06-10-09, 03:50 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Default Wise Sports Kit

I am really interested in buying the Wise Sports midMC kit (But only rear and sides) does anyone know where i could get a good deal on it other than Memoryfab ??? They are charging a crazy amount of $$$$ for what i want any help would be highly appreciated heres the kit

Old 06-11-09, 11:53 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
I am really interested in buying the Wise Sports midMC kit (But only rear and sides) does anyone know where i could get a good deal on it other than Memoryfab ??? They are charging a crazy amount of $$$$ for what i want any help would be highly appreciated heres the kit

anyone ???

Quick Reply: SC300/400 Aero parts fitment feedback thread