JohnnyB822
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im really sorry to hear about you car.
Old 05-14-05, 11:07 AM
BigManne
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry to hear about this. as a wise rapper once told me "it will get greater later". as far as the 240 goes they are a party. engine and parts options galore.
Old 05-14-05, 01:14 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i guess we will never get to all those 1JZ issues. hahaha. matt, just buy another SC.
Old 05-14-05, 01:52 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

If I dont find a cheap SC, I'll do a 1st gen GS300. Everything should still swap over
Old 05-15-05, 09:25 PM
RyaN95i4
Driver School Candidate

Sorry to hear about the car Matt. As much as fwd sucks, I dont end up in the wall when i lose traction j/p (althought the torque steer does get me jumping lanes and heading towards curbs on occasion )

Sure the next car will be even nicer -- im kinda intrigued about the GS possibilty actually (i have a thing for quick sedans), although from talking to you earlier sounds like youve found an SC already. Let me know when the swap version 2 will take place, if im down in boca by then, ill lend a hand again (and this time i might even do more than take pics and make jokes )

Good Luck,
Ryan

Last edited by RyaN95i4; 05-15-05 at 09:31 PM.
Old 05-16-05, 12:56 AM
AllBoutDaZ
Lead Lap

damn that sucks man
Old 05-17-05, 10:56 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Sorry to hear about the ride, But as long as you made it through ok ....Take care bro
Old 06-06-05, 09:08 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

wow, they totaled it over that!!!

hahahaha, just kidding! here are the pics...

Matt still says he doesnt know what happened!?!?

yea, this was 10mph!?!? rrriiiggghhhttt!

how fast do you have to go to break the alluminum bumper support into 3 pieces?

and bend the frame?

one to the next SC. lol.. i have more pics if anyone wants them.
Old 06-06-05, 09:14 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Thats old news... I seen those pics already.... lol
Old 06-06-05, 11:01 PM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

dam.. that doesnt even look like an sc anymore
Old 06-07-05, 05:05 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mteele
Yes, my 1JZ swap was finished literally less than 2 weeks ago.

What happened was, I has just come out of a turn to get onto the interstae on-ramp. Right as I was comming out, I gunned it, hit some sand/graval, spun the tires and lost control. Overcorrected once and then slammed head first into a big cement wall. There was major damage to the front (fenders, hood, front bumper obviously. headlights were disintegrated. radiator was spewing fluid, but I think the motor was ok.) the rear quarters actually had some damage, and my rear is also messed up from spinning around and hitting again.

Hopefully the car isnt totalled out, I'm really hoping it isnt. If I can get it fixed, I'll be going with a 1997 conversion, with a carbon fiber hood and an spraying the whole car in RSP. I have a $1k deductable, so I'm going to be putting my system on the market soon (so interested buyers look out ) to pay for that, since I am already in debt from the swap.

If it is totalled out, I will be aggivated but it wont be the end of the world. As little as I paid for the car compared to its market/book value, I should be alright. Then I can buy the car back and drop stuff back into a new SC. Chances are I wil be going with an automatic this time though, 5-speed SC's are not going to be in my budget. And I am thinking about getting an oldr GS300, or as a last resort doing a 240SX project.

My insurance company is State Farm, so I should be taken care of there If I left anything out, let me know. Its been a long day.

Odds are your car will be totaled. I have gone through this before and well I had 16,000+ (I got rear ended by a sunfire going 40+ mph when I was in a total stop at a red light.) worth of damage to my car, theyre extremely expensive cars to repair in the US especially when dealing with 100 dollars an hour labor and dealership prices for parts it goes to the total value even for the most minor of hits. to be honest with you. I managed to fix the body damage for around 1,800 but I had to take it across the border and was lucky enough to find and extremely skilled body man, and source the replacement parts myself.

Since you dont know anyone (and its quite a freaking hassle to do what I did imo.) Id look into buying a 1992 or so sc300 that is in not so good shape after you buy your car up. And keep your current car for spares. Unless of course... you know someone personally that can help you out. If you do decide to fix it, just remember that car-parts is your friend. :-). BTW a good lawyer will prevent your car from getting a salvage title, if you accept below your coverage claim to fix your car. The only thing id change if i were to do this all over again is pull the motor out. Mexican gas ****ed many things over in my car, including fuel pump, fuel filter, spark plugs, and the entire egr system. And off course youll have the knowledge that your car was in an accident once, even if it drives and feels totally normal.

Fixing your car despite what insurance tells you its possible. The hardest part on this ordeal is finding a body man, that can work on your car on the side and is very talented. IS it worth it? That is only a thing you can answer.

BTW go check yourself for any injuries, Adrenaline can mask the pain for quite some time but still be permament injuries if not treated properly.

Damn after seeing pics... Id most likely go with find a 1992 ragged out sc300 option.... althought its definitively fixable if youre crazy enough. Pull motor out, have him straighting the front frame and stichtweld the front portion. Rear is a simple fix for an an experienced body man. My rear looked similar to your front end. before being fixed. Did you get an entire 1jz clip if so did it include the front end? Also getting an entire used front suspension would probably run steep.

BTW getting a 240sx isnt such a bad idea.... you can actually do both and make your sc300 the long term project. Although if i were you id let the whether if you find a body man or not be the deciding factor (and budget in whats the more expensive part finding a sc300 or fixing that one in a diy way,) whetherf you get another sc300 or if you fix that one...

I totaled my 240sx a year later after the sc300 accident and even though I could of probably had it fixed if I so desired I went with the buy a s13 chassis because buying an healthy chasis for 430 bucks plus 2 spare ka's was a better deal then paying more for a welder and a piece of firewall, underbody that I would of had to cut off a junked car somewhere..

Last edited by Inabj2; 06-07-05 at 05:19 AM.
Old 06-07-05, 09:10 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Lol, The Car Has Already Been Bought Back And Being Sold Off For Parts. But Hopefully Later This Afternoon, I Will Have A New Sc300 And I Can Share The News.
Old 06-07-05, 09:13 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

in two more hours, feels like eternity
Old 06-07-05, 10:02 AM
technol
Lexus Test Driver

Matt, this next car better be pretty damn sweet...
Old 06-07-05, 11:23 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by technol
Matt, this next car better be pretty damn sweet...
It will be.

And yes, the wait is KILLING me, lol. Im sitting here just waiting for the phone to ring.

Quick Reply: Car is probably totalled...