Hopefully this is my new SC300 :)...

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-05, 04:18 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Hi everyone,
well my scanner is not working properly so I'll go to kinkos later on to try to get scanned images of everything. But, here are the following problems according to the inspector:

1. HEAVY chips, paint damage, scratches, and blemishes all over the car, primary coat is already showing. (Overall FADED & very POOR condition)

2. Door Dings present
3. Hood has been repainted
4. Entire Left Front door has been REPLACED (no vin plaque OR sticker on door)
5. Left front fender has been replaced
^^^ Inspector confirmed the car had been in an accident although the chassis appears ok.
6. Trunk lid does not stay open (needs new shock-springs)
7. Gas door hinge broken
8. Winshield washer sprayers 1 hole clogged on each one (easy fix though)
9. Right Rear Tire is completely BALD and needs to be changed
10. Spare tire evidently has 3/32 treadware left although Seller says "it's new never been used"
11. Left Front inner wheel = heavily corroded
12. Right front wheel = center cap missing (this wasn't showing in the auction )
13. Tilt wheel function doesn't work properly (intermittent and makes a failing mechanical sound)
14. 10 disc cd changer does not work
15. Dash Vent trim is cracked (minor fix)
16. Instrument needle lights flicker, a/c control panel LCD = completely broken and the liquid "oozed out"
17. Dome lights do not turn on in the car and overall inspector suspects a power supply problem, wiring, or fuse most likely.
18. Rear window Tint is wrinkled and needs to be removed or replaced since obstructs a clear vision.
19. Left front door panel near the switches is Broken.
20. Distributor Gasket leaking oil and has not been fixed for a long time since oil spill stains all along the side of the engine to the ground.
21. Cooling systems need flush since hoses are at 0 degrees instead of -33 degrees. (cooling system needs a complete flush)
22. Belt tensioner is noisy and needs replacement
23. Brake fluids are "murky" "hydroscopic" (dirty) and need replacement.
24. Right rear differential Axle Seal is severly leaking & needs replacement
25. Car needs alignment since it pulls to the right very noticeably
26. Steering wheel extremely worn and needs replacement (@ least the frame part)

I told the inspector the KBB value of the car in "excellent" condition = $6475, and he said "if that's the case he wouldn't pay more than $5000"...also the shop I went to said the horrible paint condition is what really decreases the value of the car severly. So, now I'm just .

The seller wouldn't lower the cost because of the repairs needed to be done, so I let him sell it to another mechanic in town for $6100 .

Last edited by dejacky; 05-13-05 at 06:15 PM.
Old 05-13-05, 09:21 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good job.

wait for the right one, then pull the trigger. Good deals on SCs (even 5 speeds) are out there.

Good waiters get good tips
Old 05-16-05, 11:28 AM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BrownDuckz
What's wrong with an automatic?
It's not a 5spd.

~Alan
Old 05-17-05, 06:08 AM
Todd1225
Driver

What inspection company did you use and the cost? The report seems very detailed!
Old 05-17-05, 05:28 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

We talked on the phone probably for a total of 1.5 hours...I was VERY impressed that he told me ALL the little minute details (including beyond what his report stated) and things you can NOT get at a dealership inspection (including the seller's attitude towards some things, etc)...any dealership would have done a lesser inspection in my opinion. If I ever find "my" car in Houston again, I will definitely give him my business a 2nd time to make sure the car is proper . Several other Lexus dealerships and service shops actually "outsource" their mobile inspection work to him because of his incredible credentials and keen eye for these things. He was the Shop "forman" of a Lexus Dealership for 7 years too.

cost for mobile inspection = $150
Company Name = Auto Inspection Services
Old 05-20-05, 05:26 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Angry

Now the seller is trying to charge me for his ebay listing fee. Why?

because he ended up selling it to a local buyer for a LESSER price AFTER he told me the buyer was going to pay $6100 and he didn't want to sell it to me. He ****ing lied to me in this regard and by falsely advertising the car. Here is his excuse:

I am sorry but I ended up letting the car go for less then what you bidded for and I am not
going to lose any more money by paying ebay the listing fee also.

I'm pissed off..I HATE LIARS especially in business...We have a ebay dispute open so we're sending each other messages back and forth. It's funny how his cell phone number is "out of service" when I tried calling him back . I'm so angry right now.