SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

How should I sell my beloved SC300?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-05, 01:20 PM
maxfli555
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How should I sell my beloved SC300?

Hey everyone,

I was wondering how to sell my SC300 so that I can get the best owner and best price.

My car is a 94 SC300, no mods, with 88,000 miles on it, pearl colored.

I live in NY and was thinking about taking it to a used car dealership but shuddered at who might end up with the car. Unfortunately i'm starting law school so i can't afford to maintain the car anymore. Thanks for any advice you guys may have.
Old 05-13-05, 01:25 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I would be interested, but I'm looking for one with more miles for it to be in my price range.
Old 05-13-05, 01:31 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Coming soon: "SC Rescue" facilities across the USA!

I don't get it. If you "love" the car that much, keep it or store it. Otherwise, what do you care what happens to it once someone else owns it? It's then his car, not yours and he has paid for the right to treat it as he pleases. You 'll never see that car again anyways, or are you thinking of including a visitation clause in the sales contract?

You bought the car used, right? Do you really think the previous owner lost sleep after turning the car over to you?
Old 05-13-05, 01:41 PM
TMaxxTim
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The classifieds in the paper. You will get private party or higher and if you take it to a used car dealership they'll give you trade-in. And you get to see who's buying your car.
Old 05-13-05, 03:30 PM
spoiledkid
Pole Position

i think you have a great idea by trying to find a good owner. its very important that are sc's dont disappear off the face of this earth because then it would really hard to find parts or aftermarket equipment for our vehicles plus who knows you maybe able to buy it bak from the owner after you graduate. good luck at law school.
Old 05-14-05, 08:20 AM
maxfli555
Driver School Candidate

thanks for all the advice. I would love to be able to keep the car, but my loans are staggering as is. Thanks again!~
Old 05-16-05, 04:35 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PERRYinLA
I don't get it. If you "love" the car that much, keep it or store it. Otherwise, what do you care what happens to it once someone else owns it? It's then his car, not yours and he has paid for the right to treat it as he pleases. You 'll never see that car again anyways, or are you thinking of including a visitation clause in the sales contract?

You bought the car used, right? Do you really think the previous owner lost sleep after turning the car over to you?
Blah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! I'm LMAO over here because I was thinking the exact same thing as I was reading your post. What's all this "best owner" stuff? The "best owner" will be whoever comes with the cash first, period. You'll never see the car again so what does it matter?

Think about this, you could sell it to someone masquerading as a "good owner" only to later discover that the car is being used in all sorts of unspeakable acts...left unlocked in a shady part of town known for vandalism, parked close to the sidewalk with the wheels touching the curb, or heaven forbib, the new owner may opt to cover it in stickers and drive naked with his bare bottom touching the leather!!!

Sell it and forget about it as you'll need that space in your head to fill with fun litigation and jurus prudence crap
Old 05-17-05, 04:48 AM
thaimonkee
Lead Lap

so is the car for sale or what?. is it 5 speed andhow much you looking to get man?
Old 05-23-05, 03:23 PM
vr666m
Rookie

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
Blah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! I'm LMAO over here because I was thinking the exact same thing as I was reading your post. What's all this "best owner" stuff? The "best owner" will be whoever comes with the cash first, period. You'll never see the car again so what does it matter?

Think about this, you could sell it to someone masquerading as a "good owner" only to later discover that the car is being used in all sorts of unspeakable acts...left unlocked in a shady part of town known for vandalism, parked close to the sidewalk with the wheels touching the curb, or heaven forbib, the new owner may opt to cover it in stickers and drive naked with his bare bottom touching the leather!!!

Sell it and forget about it as you'll need that space in your head to fill with fun litigation and jurus prudence crap
hehe, probably the kindest lawyer-to-be out there.
never fear, law school will bring out the evil in you