SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

removal of passenger door panel

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-05, 11:01 PM
Hutch
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default removal of passenger door panel

Someone must have tried to steal my lexus sc400(1992).....They must have used a slim jim but did not succeed.....I try to roll my passenger side window down and it only comes half way down, I can only open the door sometimes from the inside but cannot from the outside... I need to know how to take the panels off... any suggestions on where the screws are? I need help with this like yesterday,,,,its hard going on a date and cannot open the door...Thanks in advance....my email is hutch001@hotmail.com.....
Old 05-17-05, 08:36 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,360 Posts

Hutch,

I moved this from the 'site suggestions' forum to the appropriate SC forum.

I'm pretty sure I've seen several posts on removing door panels that you can probably find with the search feature of the forum right away.

Edit - I just searched for 'remove door panel' and found these posts among many others, no waiting

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ove+door+panel

Search is a great self service tool, please use it! Help yourself instead of asking for help.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 05-17-05 at 08:39 AM.
Old 07-19-06, 04:18 PM
ConSynX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i saw some pay-for-info stuff

start with the handle, pop out the inner -plastic to find a bolt.

then work your way around the bottom, and searth around the arm rest.

i think that's it, maybe one near triangle speaker...
once you get the bottom off, the top is self explanatory, if you can't find a bolt just post and i'll check the manual.
Old 07-19-06, 11:32 PM
JohnEd
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door panels

Hutch,

Get on GOOGLE. Type in "ALLDATA" and search. Get on ALLDATA auto repair manual on-line. This isn't as good as the factory manual, but..... For 24 dollars you get the complete manual on line for your make and model of car. Best 24 bucks you can spend, really. I looked up the p[roceedure for removing my door panel on a 93 and they gave me 7 pages with diagrams and pictures for the door panel r&r that also covers the mirror, lock, etc. You do this with a credit card and you are using the system in five minutes.

Play safe and hard

John
Old 07-20-06, 05:44 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 294 Likes on 219 Posts

all screws are 10mm and can be taken off either with a phillips screwdriver or a 10mm socket. There are 2 large screws under the armrest at each of the corners. There is one bolt behind the door handle, slide a screwdriver and pop off the back panel to get to it. There are two screws in the door jam, and they are covered by a color keyed tab to hide them. Pop off the tab with a screwdriver and you'll see the screws. The final 3 screws are at the bottom of the panel, just go down there and you'll see them. Total 8 screws. The 3 on the bottom are identical, the 2 in the door jam are identical, the one behind the door handle is unique, and the two under the armrest are extra long and can only go in that spot. Don't try to put them screws in the wrong openings ( ), remember where you got which screw from....SEE LINK BELOW FOR PICS.

Dave - A lot of those threads have dead links that don't work anymore for the given info. In fact, we have a step-by-step guide here on CL with pictures. It's stickied in the Audio/Security/Electronics forum under the speaker upgrade for the SC3/4. Obviously to get to the speakers, you need to remove the door panel: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...71&postcount=1

Last edited by np20412; 07-20-06 at 05:48 AM.