SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Wide Angle Mirrors i.e. Broadway

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-05, 03:13 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wide Angle Mirrors i.e. Broadway

I finally got one of those "ricey" mirrors from the Super Autobacs store. Its a curved 300mm Broadway mirror. Works nicely because OEM is way to small. Do alotta you guys use these aftermarket mirrors also? If so, what size?
Old 05-17-05, 04:19 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Pics?

Jonny
Old 05-17-05, 05:13 PM
technol
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea im intrested to see pics too, but i love that auto dimming feature on my stock mirror....
Old 05-18-05, 02:30 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by xknowonex
I finally got one of those "ricey" mirrors from the Super Autobacs store. Its a curved 300mm Broadway mirror. Works nicely because OEM is way to small. Do alotta you guys use these aftermarket mirrors also? If so, what size?
Edit: I was too harsh

Still, I dont believe on anything "clip-on" for our $50,000 Lexes. Even though some of us bought it from the low low prices of anything from $3,000-$20,000...Clip-ons are for civics (not really, but thats how many civic owners portray their vehicles) We want to represent our cars like they were meant to be...please everyone...lets do that.

Last edited by G Star; 05-18-05 at 11:54 AM.
Old 05-18-05, 03:11 AM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
"Ricey" is "right"
OEM is not too small, I can see the complete rear windshield and it has accomplished its job. I guess you are too lazy to turn your head for the blind spot?

Sorry but these rear view mirror covers to me is just like cheap seat covers or even carbon fiber wraps. We drive Lexus brand vehicles and everything should be done the right way.

Damn...glad i didn't start the thread...
anyway.... I somewhat agree with the original poster... I am by no means "lazy" but rather a very safe driver and I would also like better visibility from the mirror. My mirror is on the "brink of destruction" due to the dimmer and this may be a viable option IF one needs to replace their mirror...Its actually becomming blotchy and may be more "unsafe" then safe...lol

Does anyone have pics of these so called "ricey" things?....
Old 05-18-05, 11:52 AM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Old 05-18-05, 12:33 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Edit: I was too harsh

Still, I dont believe on anything "clip-on" for our $50,000 Lexes. Even though some of us bought it from the low low prices of anything from $3,000-$20,000...Clip-ons are for civics (not really, but thats how many civic owners portray their vehicles) We want to represent our cars like they were meant to be...please everyone...lets do that.
Yes, the Civic owners do give it a bad image. I personally dont think it blends it with car well but it is purely utilitarian though. Even the owner of Apex, who drives a Skyline GTR R34, has an Broadway mirror in his car.

I totally agree that a Lexus, regardless of price, should be tastefully modded if not left bone stock. No APC stickers; No spinners, No funky spoilers
Old 05-18-05, 01:32 PM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

STAY AWAY.

I was in a major accident last December when I was driving my friend's accord with one of these mirrors. At impact the mirror detached itself and flew right past my head. The corner of the mirror (sharp as shown in the picture) brushed against my right head, but the cut was deep enough that I needed stitches. Imagine what would have happened if the mirror flew into my eye.

MAKE SURE YOU SECURE THE MIRROR PERMANENTLY. AND MAK SURE THE CORNER OF THE MIRROR YOU ARE BUYING IS PROTECTED BY PLASTIC ROUND EDGES.
Old 05-18-05, 05:05 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ChronoJ1
STAY AWAY.

I was in a major accident last December when I was driving my friend's accord with one of these mirrors. At impact the mirror detached itself and flew right past my head. The corner of the mirror (sharp as shown in the picture) brushed against my right head, but the cut was deep enough that I needed stitches. Imagine what would have happened if the mirror flew into my eye.

MAKE SURE YOU SECURE THE MIRROR PERMANENTLY. AND MAK SURE THE CORNER OF THE MIRROR YOU ARE BUYING IS PROTECTED BY PLASTIC ROUND EDGES.
I've heard about these types of stories. I don't think these clip on mirrors are worth that risk. I'm able to see plenty out of the stock mirror. Plus, I use the auto-dimming feature every time I drive at night. I would never use one of those mirrors on the sc.
Old 05-18-05, 08:13 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

yeah, I think the SC mirror is plenty wide...

Chrono - thanks for letting us know, i'm sure that'll change a lot of minds here...
Old 05-18-05, 09:15 PM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

I thought the SC mirror was too big. Do you guys know about the little visor above the mirror that blocks the sun? I'm going to try and relocate the mirror into that.
Old 05-18-05, 09:17 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
Forum Moderator

Received 363 Likes on 231 Posts

You guy's use mirrors? I have eyes in the back of my head
Old 05-18-05, 09:18 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

"Blotchy" is a common condition on our cars (especially on hot days), but hardly a safely issue- I'd say it is more cosmetic than anything, since the blotchy areas dim headlights at night:
Attached Thumbnails Wide Angle Mirrors i.e. Broadway-mirror.jpg  
Old 05-18-05, 09:24 PM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We drive Lexus brand vehicles and everything should be done the right way.
hahahahahahahahaha o man, that was funny. Please explain to me what makes Lexus soooo much better? You sound moronic. Sure, Lexus's are nice.. but guess what!? Toyota's are better. They offer TOYOTA's lowly version of our car with a superior motor and more options than our "Almighty" Lexus. lol Get off your high horse, the Lexus name means nothing.
Old 05-18-05, 09:30 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
Forum Moderator

Received 363 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by JZZ30TT
hahahahahahahahaha o man, that was funny. Please explain to me what makes Lexus soooo much better? You sound moronic. Sure, Lexus's are nice.. but guess what!? Toyota's are better. They offer TOYOTA's lowly version of our car with a superior motor and more options than our "Almighty" Lexus. lol Get off your high horse, the Lexus name means nothing.

#1- incorrect IMO. but more importantly.....

OFF TOPIC. Back to the thread please Mirror discussion here.

Quick Reply: Wide Angle Mirrors i.e. Broadway