SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300 W/SC430 wheels ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-05, 01:05 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC300 W/SC430 wheels ?

Im on the fence on this one. And im asking for any honest opinions or reviews here.
I have a black SC300 w HKS supra springs, so its low. Im looking for new wheels on a budget. And noticed some SC430 wheeels cheap. Theyre not my favorite wheels but ok without the big caps. But they seem like at least theylle fit right , and seem like they wont bend easy, and like i said theyre cheap. Anyone have any thoughts?
Old 05-18-05, 01:28 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...t=sc430+wheels

IMO, it looks like hell. I don't even like them on the SC430.
Old 05-18-05, 01:41 PM
huNGjaii
Pole Position

If you are intrested I have some sc430 wheels I've been trying to get off my hands for a good while. I'll give em to you for cheap heh. They are just sitting in my garage collecting dust.

Last edited by huNGjaii; 05-18-05 at 01:46 PM.
Old 05-18-05, 02:16 PM
JDM SC4
Pole Position

HELL NO. they're ugly on the SC3/4
Old 05-18-05, 02:45 PM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think they are ugly, but they look better on the SC3/4 than on the SC430. If you're going to get them, and yes they do fit, get the newer caps and good rubber. Don't use the factory run-flats as they have a really harsh ride.
Old 05-18-05, 04:02 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Get some TT wheels....

CEO
Old 05-18-05, 04:20 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

They are certainly not the prettiest wheels - but if you can get a set real cheap then they look better than the stock 16's. Think of them as a stepping stone to something better!

Jonny
Old 05-18-05, 04:56 PM
Cloud9
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with most people here...there are better looking wheels for the sc300/400 that deserves your money
Old 05-20-05, 04:00 AM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by THE_CEO
Get some TT wheels....

CEO
Hey thankks for the input, and it was like you were reading my mind. My plan was to get TT rims , then i just came accross the 430 wheels. Wich was why i was considering them.
But ive decided it wasnt as good a deal as i thought, because no tires. Also ive been seeing lots of the TTs for sale for a while , and now that im seriously looking the selection is slim. But im sure some will come up pretty soon here.
Old 05-20-05, 10:59 AM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by THE_CEO
Get some TT wheels....

CEO
Agreed
Old 05-20-05, 11:34 AM
EUROJulian
Intermediate

I have those wheels on my car. I have both factory (disk) and accessory (star) shaped centercaps.
Accessory centercaps are better looking, more sporty. Those will go ageinst any good looking wheels outthere. Downsize is people steal those caps. Somebody stole one of mine just recently. Those caps are very pricy at $500 plus and can be have only with sets of four.

Discs give more pimped look, but certainly turn the heads and do not hurt old SC look as the do SC430. They are cheap to replace and I have plenty spares.

People here pay to much attention to aestethics even if it hurts functionality. Most complains are from that angle. Truth about SC430 wheels they are highest quality replacement wheels aviable for our cars period.
Those are build strong for use with runflats. Offset is also managable on SC. Price allow to have spares in care of bending, I have two

As for TT wheels are 16`, nobody else uses 16`s on sport cars these days. It is a thing of the past. 18` Lo profile baby and you can forget other suspension upgrades. it will go like on rails

Last edited by EUROJulian; 05-20-05 at 11:37 AM.
Old 05-20-05, 01:54 PM
EUROJulian
Intermediate

Originally Posted by T0ked
.... Don't use the factory run-flats as they have a really harsh ride.
Have to agree on harsh. Any runflat is an open country, expressway tire.
If you do most of your driving on bad city roads do not use them, well you do not need them really, so $300 a pop expense is hard to justify.

But if you do expressway driving almost exclusivly, like myself, those are tires you want. I recently was alarmed bu some rolling noise at highway speed, alround 70mph. Uppon arrival to the shop I found my left front tire with ZERO pressure. I can`t really say "flat", cause just by looking at it you can`t say. I was impressed. Highly recomanded to anybody...
Old 05-21-05, 10:56 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MongooseGA
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...t=sc430+wheels

IMO, it looks like hell. I don't even like them on the SC430.
Tottaly agree
Old 05-21-05, 11:25 AM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by EUROJulian
As for TT wheels are 16`, nobody else uses 16`s on sport cars these days. It is a thing of the past. 18` Lo profile baby and you can forget other suspension upgrades. it will go like on rails
Actually TT's are 17x8 up front and 17x9 1/2 in the rear. Putting 18's on a car doesnt make it handle like rails either btw.

Putting wider wheels on your car can make it handle better but bigger doesnt do anything ... Are you sure your ASE master tech certified?

SC430 wheels= highest quality replacements available???? The offsets are no where near where they are supposed to be
Old 05-21-05, 04:47 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by EUROJulian
I have those wheels on my car. I have both factory (disk) and accessory (star) shaped centercaps.
Accessory centercaps are better looking, more sporty. Those will go ageinst any good looking wheels outthere. Downsize is people steal those caps. Somebody stole one of mine just recently. Those caps are very pricy at $500 plus and can be have only with sets of four.

Discs give more pimped look, but certainly turn the heads and do not hurt old SC look as the do SC430. They are cheap to replace and I have plenty spares.

People here pay to much attention to aestethics even if it hurts functionality. Most complains are from that angle. Truth about SC430 wheels they are highest quality replacement wheels aviable for our cars period.
Those are build strong for use with runflats. Offset is also managable on SC. Price allow to have spares in care of bending, I have two

sorry bro, but i have to dissagree. i have supra wheels on my SC, and they are 17x8 and 17x9.5 the offset is great, and i have no complaints with looks. and they were only $550 with tires. and about the best quality.... i hope you meant out of fac tory toyota/lexus wheels cause if you meant aftermarket too, you were way off. well, your opinion has been considered, but i still dissagree....

Quick Reply: SC300 W/SC430 wheels ?