SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Any Shop in So Cal, expert at 1JZ Swap?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-05, 05:30 PM
D1GP
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Any Shop in So Cal, expert at 1JZ Swap?

waddup guys,
I am a newbie in forums and I recently just bought a Soarer. My name is JP and I work for D1 Grand Prix USA division. I bought a SC300 recently and I added the 1JZGTE to the car right away. However, it is not going as smooth as I expected. I believe I have some wiring problems. My mechanic got it to start and was running ( idling) for about 6 ~ 7 hours, turning it on and off and letting it run. However the next day, the engine will crank but it will not hold idle. Do you guys know anyone or shop in the So Cal area that is expert in doing a swap like that? Please let me know, I would much appreciated. I have a lot hook ups in the industry, however, most people I called either are silvia experts, or just Supra experts. I even called SP engineering and they said that they don't really touch 1JZ. I know there is someone out there, who are expert in doing the swap, but he might not be in the industry. Please let me know if you guys know anyone. Much appreciated. Peace.

Jerry
D1GP is online now Edit/Delete Message
Old 05-18-05, 05:35 PM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by D1GP
waddup guys,
I am a newbie in forums and I recently just bought a Soarer. My name is JP and I work for D1 Grand Prix USA division. I bought a SC300 recently and I added the 1JZGTE to the car right away. However, it is not going as smooth as I expected. I believe I have some wiring problems. My mechanic got it to start and was running ( idling) for about 6 ~ 7 hours, turning it on and off and letting it run. However the next day, the engine will crank but it will not hold idle. Do you guys know anyone or shop in the So Cal area that is expert in doing a swap like that? Please let me know, I would much appreciated. I have a lot hook ups in the industry, however, most people I called either are silvia experts, or just Supra experts. I even called SP engineering and they said that they don't really touch 1JZ. I know there is someone out there, who are expert in doing the swap, but he might not be in the industry. Please let me know if you guys know anyone. Much appreciated. Peace.

Jerry
D1GP is online now Edit/Delete Message
No, you bought a sc300. Try Signal. Only if you have... A LOT of money though.. but they can fix it. If not www.garageworksltd.com , They have done several 1j swaps on various cars.