SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

My window stopped rolling up. look (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-05, 02:55 PM
OakTwnPnoy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My window stopped rolling up. look (pics)

My diver's side window stopped rolling up. I took everything apart and this is what I found. The only thing damaged is the round thing and the cable.

What are the parts called and what's the part numbers? how much do you think they area gonna cost me?

I searched already. I found this https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ndow+regulator , but I wanna know what u guys are gonna say.

Old 05-20-05, 03:45 PM
Emackny
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Got both of mine at the Junk Yard for $135 each.

Check your local auto salvage or if you want to spend the $ go to the dealer.

Try

http://www.car-parts.com/
Old 05-20-05, 04:44 PM
SC XCII
Driver School Candidate

Dealer quoted me $121 today for the drivers side window regulator only. Regulator and motor was $578. If the motor works, you only need the regulator.

Also, you should be able to do better from either Carson Toyota or Hendrick Lexus (both Club Lexus sponsors) I am waiting for a call back on pricing (called after hours). Tell them you are a Club Lexus member or ask your dealer for a discount (he probably won't laugh -- mine kept a straight face last time I was there).
Old 05-21-05, 05:19 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Try the window regulator only... just make sure that it does not unwind at all when you install it.

That is not a normal thing to just break like that just so you know.. The real reason why mine was broken was because a piece of low life **** attempted to break into my car in the first place he got the cable in the window regulator snapped the wheel and got the cable loose thinking he had grabbed on to the lock cable. (thank god for that double sheet of metal!) Look to see if you have any slight tale tale scratches on your door frame. I see that your window regulator pulley looks chipped as well.

It should be made absolutely legal to blow the brains out of any attempting thief with a 50 cal. Or known thieves caught in stolen vehicles... Especially those that car jack.
Old 05-21-05, 09:34 AM
OakTwnPnoy
Rookie

Yeah, thieves suck. So all I need is a regulator. I can't believe it costs that much tho. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-22-05, 11:56 AM
Five1OH
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OakTwnPnoy
Yeah, thieves suck. So all I need is a regulator. I can't believe it costs that much tho. Thanks for the info.
what part of oaktown are you from? I dont live there anymore (now in miami florida) but I lived in NSO for my entire life. Did you go to tech?
Old 05-22-05, 07:50 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

just an FYI... those regulators are a PAIN IN THE *** to put in!!! I have put those in on my sisters Solara, and if its the same style, make sure you have some an extra set of hand and a LOT of patience handy. Getting the cable wheel to sink up with the motor is the hard part...
Old 05-22-05, 08:35 PM
MR-2 Turbo
Rookie

Originally Posted by Stage3
just an FYI... those regulators are a PAIN IN THE *** to put in!!! I have put those in on my sisters Solara, and if its the same style, make sure you have some an extra set of hand and a LOT of patience handy. Getting the cable wheel to sink up with the motor is the hard part...
I second that! I just did one a few weeks ago and bought it from the dealer $160. Also the one the dealer sold me was built stronger than the original one. Has anyone else noticed this? The plastic sliding peice that always breaks is built stronger and the metal plate that goes over the spool is larger.
Old 05-22-05, 11:20 PM
OakTwnPnoy
Rookie

Originally Posted by Five1OH
what part of oaktown are you from? I dont live there anymore (now in miami florida) but I lived in NSO for my entire life. Did you go to tech?
I'm from West Oakland. I went to Mac. I know a lot of people from tech tho. I live in Sacramento now, but I still to Oakland and kick it on the weekends.
Old 05-23-05, 01:06 AM
Seismic
Rookie

Default For a change of pace...

That's the first regulator issue I've heard of that wasn't a broken clip... Hmmm.

I don't know how hard these are to put in a Solara, but they aren't that hard for one man to do by himself in his driveway. Just takes a little patients and the occasional long, deep breath.
Old 05-24-05, 06:29 AM
jayyzr
Driver School Candidate

Default removing window

When you replace the regulator dosn't the window need to come off also, if so how do I do that..
Old 05-24-05, 11:51 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jayyzr
When you replace the regulator dosn't the window need to come off also, if so how do I do that..
searchy searchy top left field of the forum
Old 07-03-05, 08:32 AM
OakTwnPnoy
Rookie

Took me kinda long to post this, but here it is. I went to Lexus to buy the regulator, and they told me they don't sell it just by itself. It came with the rails and stuff too. It was easy to install, no bending of the rail required. It only cost me $110.

The part number