SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Finally...new GS430 wheels on my SC400

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-05, 09:45 AM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

very nice! i think that the left side of the car looks dropped, but right looks high, maybe its the angle of the pics. keep up the good work, get the drop
Old 05-26-05, 10:11 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

I think it'd be hardcore on the ground with a 97 kit.
Old 05-26-05, 02:26 PM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Looks pretty good

Ed
Old 05-26-05, 03:01 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow, looks better on the SC than on the GS...IMO.
Old 05-26-05, 04:38 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bruce van
What? Spacers? More money??????

This car is like a perpetual money pit. Damn you Club Lexus!!.....Thanks for the suggestion with the spacers. How much do you think that will run and how wide should I go?

I was thinking of getting Espelir lowering springs since I think it would definitely look better with a drop. Probably run me about $275....and that doesn't even include installation. Do you think that might be too low of a drop?

I guess I'll be eating Top Ramen for the next month.
Seems like you're on a budget, most of us can relate. Spacers will cost more money, but not much. I suggest H&R's if you can afford them. How much will they be? I don't know, but search ebay and the classifieds, people sell them from time to time. How wide? I'd say 5mm up front and 15mm in the rear, but this is just a guess based on your pics. Best to measure for yourself to be sure. Espelir would be extrmely low IMO, again check before you plunk down the cash. I'd say to go with the Eibach pro-kit and you'll be fine.

I too have eaten Top Ramen for a month...you'll live, you'll be fulla salt, but you'll live

BTW, wheels look good on the car
Old 05-26-05, 04:44 PM
MongolKhan
Lexus Test Driver

Wheels look good. How wide are the wheels and what is the offset on them?
If you want to put spacers, i would recommend getting longer studs as well.
Old 05-26-05, 04:50 PM
Cloud9
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MongolKhan
Wheels look good. How wide are the wheels and what is the offset on them?
If you want to put spacers, i would recommend getting longer studs as well.

i believe they are 18x8 and 45mm offset.
Old 05-26-05, 06:22 PM
Koma

"That's hot"
Old 05-26-05, 06:32 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow,
the reaction from us here at ClubLexus is real positive....I must agree...looks real nice, gives your car a newer look to it.

And just to let you know, the mod bug has already taken its toll on you....LoL

And if you're gonna upgrade to LS or TT brakes, at least you'll know that these wheels with clear...
Old 05-26-05, 08:53 PM
V8RWDHP
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks very clean! With a drop and spacers It'll be
Old 05-26-05, 09:07 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would think a 25mm spacer in the rear should do it- make it like your running a 18X8 20et which should work- your best bet is to measure as best you can from your tire to the edge of the fender- then use that measurement as a guess for the spacer. I know alot of guys that had access to a bunch of 3mm spacers, and they just kept adding 3mm till they found the perfect fit- and yes, you will need new lug bolts.
Old 05-26-05, 09:52 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Thanks guys for the all feedback.

This is seriously the first thing I've really 'modified' on the car besides routine maintainance. I would love to get spacers, lowering springs, LS400 brakes w/ new rotors all done at the same time, but that's some serious $$$$. Maybe about another $1000?

This is on top of the little things I still need to fix like the leaky power steering pressure hose, leaking power steering rack, gaskets here and there, and the other stuff that will probably come up.

For now, I'm just going to have to be content with how the car looks with the fender gap and all...until the mod bug bites again. My girlfriend and family think I'm crazy dumping so much money into a car that's 13 years old.

I think I'm much happier driving my '92 SC400 than any new sub compact.

Okay, maybe I should either lowering springs or spacers...which one first? Any advice?.
Old 05-27-05, 10:19 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

For now, I'm just going to have to be content with how the car looks with the fender gap and all...until the mod bug bites again. Okay, maybe I should either lowering springs or spacers...which one first? Any advice?.
So tomorrow then? lol. The mod bug will hit you again within 24 hours!! Lower first, then spacers...
Old 05-30-05, 02:50 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks guys for the all feedback.

This is seriously the first thing I've really 'modified' on the car besides routine maintainance. I would love to get spacers, lowering springs, LS400 brakes w/ new rotors all done at the same time, but that's some serious $$$$. Maybe about another $1000?

This is on top of the little things I still need to fix like the leaky power steering pressure hose, leaking power steering rack, gaskets here and there, and the other stuff that will probably come up.

For now, I'm just going to have to be content with how the car looks with the fender gap and all...until the mod bug bites again. My girlfriend and family think I'm crazy dumping so much money into a car that's 13 years old.

I think I'm much happier driving my '92 SC400 than any new sub compact.

Okay, maybe I should either lowering springs or spacers...which one first? Any advice?.
If I my budget was 30-40 thousand. I would spend it on a modded SC than any 30-40k car on the market besides the Supra TT. Since Im not diggin the interior of the Supra TT, I might put a GTE motor into an SC and compromise that way.

The fender gap does show that much since ur car is black. The rims look wayyy hot on that car. BTW. I wanna trade in my in-dash Alpine dvd player for whoever has em now. Arr
Old 05-30-05, 09:44 PM
Minuet
Rookie

Question

Originally Posted by SC400Dude
Wow,
......And if you're gonna upgrade to LS or TT brakes, at least you'll know that these wheels with clear...
Is this true?
Would you mind taking a quick measurment like so...

I too like the looks of your new shoes.
Attached Thumbnails Finally...new GS430 wheels on my SC400-small.jpg  

Quick Reply: Finally...new GS430 wheels on my SC400