SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

After countless dozens of hours of molding and shaving

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-05, 10:01 PM
RR-SC300
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After countless dozens of hours of molding and shaving

Well after God knows how many dozens of hours I spent molding, shaving, sanding, and priming this thing, its ALMOST ready to paint...... To tell you guys the truth I have yet to see someone with an SC mold in the whole Bomex rear end, so I thought "hey why not"? If anone has done it, mad props to you cause I KNOW what you went through. I tell you guys, what a PITA!!!! But, well worth it overall (in my opinion). Everything was done by my own two hands. Next up is Jay's (octane103) CF trunk then a CF hood I still have to find and then the FI (Operation Blow Me) begins ......I'll try to keep you all up to date. Check out teh pix.....

Paul

Old 06-08-05, 10:16 PM
Twirl
Pole Position

looks great, when's it going in to paint? and what color are you planning on painting it???
Old 06-08-05, 10:20 PM
RR-SC300
Pit Crew

Thanks. Painting will begin shortly (a week or so hopefully) and it will be Lambo Black or MB black (not sure yet) I'm trying to find the deepest black base I can without pearl or metallic......
I'm still looking for some folding mirrors to add on , so if i cant find a set within a week or so then the stock ones will do, and I will start the paint process.
Old 06-08-05, 10:39 PM
96sc3
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool bumper, looks like a lot of work,,,
Old 06-09-05, 12:06 AM
spoiledkid
Pole Position

your car looks great but different side skirts should do well. but always remember its not my taste that counts its yours. so keep up the hard work. seems to me your cars definitely in good hands.
Old 06-09-05, 12:22 AM
V8RWDHP
Driver

Looks like really nice work. What did you use to mold the bumber to the metal? Did you just use fiberglass? If so, was it just duraglass or did you use something more? Thanks
Old 06-09-05, 12:56 AM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Hey that is very nice. Cant wait to see how it will look like when its done.
Old 06-09-05, 06:19 AM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you have a suspension and some rims to finish up the look after you get it painted right?

really digging the wing
Old 06-09-05, 06:26 AM
technol
Lexus Test Driver

WOW, Looks great!
Old 06-09-05, 07:53 AM
RR-SC300
Pit Crew

thanks for all the compliments guys. Yea lotta work involved in this. I used fiberglass with industrial resin. After alot grinding and sanding, I laid down some fiberglass bondo. After more sanding, I started laying down just regular body filler to get the shaping right. And boy did it take a LOT of filler and sanding to get it right. To mold the plastic bumper with the metal was kinda hard at first. Fiberglass would not work cause it just cracked off if any pressure was applied to it. Sooooo......this is what I did: I took my fav power tool in the world, the grinder and cut a slit right where the bumper meets the body. I then filled that whole slit with JB Weld Awesome stuff. Worked like a charm. Pretty rigid and not to hard too sand either. I think all in all, I spent about 100 hours doing this whole rear end. No joke.

juan01 - yea rims are sitting in my garage and still gotta find a set of Tein Flex's for a decent price.....anyone?

spoiledkid - yea side skirts aren't teh greatest, but I got it all as a kit for a good price so I'm gonna go with them for now. The look a little tacky right now but i've seen them in black and they look good. We'll see.
Old 06-09-05, 11:56 AM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the body work is flawless!!! good thing since your going with black. haha. its amazing how much smoother the car looks when moled...even if you didnt have the kit!
Old 06-09-05, 11:56 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

That is exactly what I was planning to do before I sold my SC. Can't wait to see it painted so I can see how it would have looked.

Jonny
Old 06-09-05, 12:01 PM
sc300tt
Intermediate

Not exactly my taste, but looks like you did a great job. Just hope you never get tapped lightly from behind.
Old 06-09-05, 01:26 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not bad. I'd say get it painted MB black. I have yet to see a flatter black that looked soo nice.
Old 06-09-05, 01:29 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RR-SC300
Well after God knows how many dozens of hours I spent molding, shaving, sanding, and priming this thing, its ALMOST ready to paint...... To tell you guys the truth I have yet to see someone with an SC mold in the whole Bomex rear end, so I thought "hey why not"? If anone has done it, mad props to you cause I KNOW what you went through. I tell you guys, what a PITA!!!! But, well worth it overall (in my opinion). Everything was done by my own two hands. Next up is Jay's (octane103) CF trunk then a CF hood I still have to find and then the FI (Operation Blow Me) begins ......I'll try to keep you all up to date. Check out teh pix.....

Paul
My boy kirby has the entire bomex rear end. Had it for a while now:
Attached Thumbnails After countless dozens of hours of molding and shaving-052705-01b.jpg  

Quick Reply: After countless dozens of hours of molding and shaving