SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

AutoCouture body kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-05, 08:11 AM
Gamer
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AutoCouture body kit

Ok, got the kit on now apart from the side skirts, I am still using the 97' skirts and have not decided if I will even put on the AC skirts yet as it looks ok as is now. Might be more trouble then it is worth to put the AC skirts on as I might damage the paint on the rear 1/4's taking the 97's off...

Anyway here are some quick shots....

Old 06-18-05, 08:42 AM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looking good gamer! In my opinion, the AC skirts would really finish it. the97's do work... but something looks just a tad off.

However- the car is looking really hot! def. the hottest Soarer SC on your side of the pond! (or in europe for that matter! )
Old 06-18-05, 09:04 AM
Gamer
Pole Position

Thanks... Well as I said I am still undecided on the skirts. I agree that it would look a bit better with the AC skirts on but is it worth the hassle trying to match up the paint or blend it in after the 97's are taken off.

I really should though as the AC skirts do look a bit better....
Old 06-18-05, 09:40 AM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

the soarer looks great gamer
Old 06-18-05, 09:48 AM
mrcrx28
Driver

Car looks great . What kind of brake setup do you have??
Old 06-18-05, 09:54 AM
Gamer
Pole Position

US Spec Supra TT brakes.... 4 pots up front, 2 pots in rear.
Old 06-18-05, 09:57 AM
sc300tt
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gamer, LOVE the color combo with the wheels. Very nice.

I think the car looks quite good with just the AC bumper . Obviously it will look good with the rest of the kit too.

Now, I know you wanted to fill the other hole for the single exhaust, so I won't mention that. But I really, really don't like the cleared taillights. At least your car is silver so they blend better than they would on about any other car, but I really, really don't like them. I'd also like to see the Gold emblems get lost or in black or silver. Other than those minor things, one of the best looking SC's I've seen.
Old 06-18-05, 10:11 AM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Throw on those AC skirts, paint all those emblems black, and get exhaust to fill those holes and your car would be absolutely amazing man Its lookin pretty sick right now though
Old 06-18-05, 10:15 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 294 Likes on 219 Posts

I agree, cleared tails are not something i am NEVER happy to see, however, with your car, something is different.

Maybe its the black housing around the tails with your car color, but whatever it is, your clear tails are flowing very nicely with the rest of the car. Good Job, you've made a believe out of me for now at least

Last edited by np20412; 06-18-05 at 10:41 AM.
Old 06-18-05, 10:34 AM
Gamer
Pole Position

Thanks guys...

I might just change the emblems to Silver next time round....

I would also like to fill that extra exhaust port, my only choice is to have it done by a body shop. Getting another can for the back is not an option as it would be a down grade to what I currently have...

The car is coming along now, just a few more things to do..... the larger turbo still needs to go on and I am also going to install a water /meth injection kit to keep the temps down. Also need to find someone capable of doing a transmission rebuild for me.
Old 06-18-05, 10:35 AM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gamer
Thanks... Well as I said I am still undecided on the skirts. I agree that it would look a bit better with the AC skirts on but is it worth the hassle trying to match up the paint or blend it in after the 97's are taken off.

I really should though as the AC skirts do look a bit better....
ohh, I definitly understand... but it really would complete the car.
Old 06-18-05, 10:41 AM
sc300tt
Intermediate

Also need to find someone capable of doing a transmission rebuild for me.
BoostLogic
Old 06-18-05, 11:28 AM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

car looks great!! the AC sides would complete it though as everyone has said. as far as the tail light.... i would never put them on my car, but they actually look really really good on yours. they are almost the same color as the paint. it just works.

oh, shoot me a pm if ya get a chance you know why
Old 06-18-05, 11:37 AM
Gamer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sc300tt

Yeah, Kean is my last choice. I would get one but shipping and customs would hit me hard. (it has to come to the UK)

I have a source for the rebuild kit on its own: http://www.importperformancetrans.co...uto.shtml#main

I just need to find someone over here I can trust (and that won't charge and arm and a leg) to do the conversion.
Old 06-18-05, 11:48 AM
sc300tt
Intermediate

Yeah, Kean is my last choice. I would get one but shipping and customs would hit me hard. (it has to come to the UK)

I have a source for the rebuild kit on its own: http://www.importperformancetrans.co...uto.shtml#main

I just need to find someone over here I can trust (and that won't charge and arm and a leg) to do the conversion.
Honestly, if I were you, I'd rather have someone do it that has it down pat, rather than trying to re-invent the wheel yourself and wind up with more problems than it's worth. But I can understand if you wish to stay local.

Shipping will probably cost you $4-$500 to ship it there and back. Customs should not charge you anything if you send a core since it could just be marked as a repair.

Quick Reply: AutoCouture body kit