SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Chances of finding a White or Red 5-speed?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-05, 04:32 PM
Todd1225
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chances of finding a White or Red 5-speed?

I'm been lurking for awhile, and have managed to position myself to purchase one of a couple 5-speed SC300's. While I realize this is a rare car and I'm not trying to be picky, I would REALLY would like to purchase a red or white one. The one I moved in on won't be ready for a couple of weeks, the owner is out of town....so I'm keeping my options open as this is a big purchase.

What are my chances of finding a 5-speed in Renassaince Red or Pearl White, within a reasonable distance, i'm in the southeast. I hate to pass up a nice car because of color, but I'm keeping my options open but don't wanna wait 6+ months to find another one.

I thought about posting a WTB, but their are about 5+ of those already. The financing is complete just gotta find what I want without being too picky.
Old 06-26-05, 04:35 PM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd1225
I'm been lurking for awhile, and have managed to position myself to purchase one of a couple 5-speed SC300's. While I realize this is a rare car and I'm not trying to be picky, I would REALLY would like to purchase a red or white one. The one I moved in on won't be ready for a couple of weeks, the owner is out of town....so I'm keeping my options open as this is a big purchase.

What are my chances of finding a 5-speed in Renassaince Red or Pearl White, within a reasonable distance, i'm in the southeast. I hate to pass up a nice car because of color, but I'm keeping my options open but don't wanna wait 6+ months to find another one.

I thought about posting a WTB, but their are about 5+ of those already. The financing is complete just gotta find what I want without being too picky.
They are out there... the only two 5-spd SC300s I've ever ridden in were red and pearl white - so you're in luck!
Old 06-26-05, 04:36 PM
nnnickkk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

a few members here have found some 5spd SC's on ebay.
Old 06-26-05, 04:53 PM
Todd1225
Driver

Originally Posted by nnnickkk
a few members here have found some 5spd SC's on ebay.
Yeah, I just want the Renassaince Red or White and add Supra TT wheels. I really like the Red, it's Red and still dark enough that it doesn't look orange and also doesn't look like garnet. White is beautiful as well. I always end up wanting the "rarest" of whatever I buy, but it's a big purchase!

Here is my former Supra and the two SC's that make me want Red or White!

Old 06-26-05, 11:03 PM
JohnnyB822
Pole Position

i have a red 5sp sc300 and i found it in just 2 days of looking for a new car, and i got it in miami
Old 06-27-05, 01:08 AM
CP_Ree
Lexus Test Driver

Beautiful car, I've looked at it many times...but you are in Minnesota. If I wanted to get it, I would want it back stock. How many miles does it have on it now and how would I acquire the car? I know this is a stretch, but I would fly you back if you drove it to Atlanta....did you just fall out of your seat? Thanks for offering the car, I didn't wanna post another WTB in the classifieds....

P.S. I don't fly...sorry

Hah, I'm all for road trips! I believe it has 93k or barely 94k on it right now. I can look tomorrow. For the past few weeks since I've posted it up, I've been driving about 100+++ miles a day all highway across these cities. I and a friend would road trip down and would be flown back up if that offer stands .
Old 06-27-05, 01:12 AM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Chances of finding a White or Red 5-speed?

Slim to none.
Old 06-27-05, 09:10 PM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

i got a red one!
Old 06-27-05, 09:59 PM
actuary
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a white 5 speed on ebay last week. It still in shipping (from NJ to CA). There are other ones on ebay, you just have to be willing to go through the hassle of shipping.
Old 06-28-05, 12:23 AM
JJG2005
Lead Lap

There was a nice Red 5spd for around $5k on Autotrader last month when I was looking for my SC300... I'm not sure exactly where it was located, but it was definately a lot closer to you than it was to me... it was either like Georgia or one of the surrounding states.
Old 06-28-05, 05:46 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

When I was shopping for mine (had to be white, had to be 5-speed) I found two examples in just 2 weeks. I bought the second one.

The first one (which was a mess) was bought by an unknowing CL member. She was misled and got ripped off. I wonder where she is with the car now...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=117139
Old 06-28-05, 07:02 PM
WebStarr
Pole Position

Yeah, I just want the Renassaince Red or White and add Supra TT wheels. I really like the Red, it's Red and still dark enough that it doesn't look orange and also doesn't look like garnet. White is beautiful as well. I always end up wanting the "rarest" of whatever I buy, but it's a big purchase!

I can't knock your choices as both are nice colors, but if you are going for the rarest I don't think red or white are it. I think I'm some type of 5 speed SC fiend. I already have one and I still look all over the place all the time and I always see white. If you want ultra rare try to find a 97 5 speed. I have a silver 97 which I think is pretty scarce. I think also there are 2 people on here with RSP 97 5 speeds. I think a 97 5 speed in RSP is like the super rarest SC. One guy has the car that was recently featured in Turbo magazine and the other guy has one that is dropped with some sweet Blitz wheels. Here's a couple links you may want to check out on your search:

white 95 5 speed
white 93 5 speed
red 96 5 speed
another white 93 5 speed
a white 94 5 speed

Those links are just from autotrader. You should also check ebay and cars.com. I found my car on cars.com. The only thing that sucks on cars.com is that you can't search by transmission like you can on autotrader. Anyway, good luck on finding the car.
Old 06-28-05, 07:15 PM
Todd1225
Driver

Thanks Webster, I've definately been on autotrader.com and cars.com, pretty much looking everyday.
Old 06-28-05, 08:26 PM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

hey hang in there man it took me a month or two but i picked up my white 5spd
in powder springs. found it on autotrader too.
good luck and hang in there they do pop up in ga every once in a while.
Old 06-29-05, 09:38 AM
soarer5780
Lead Lap

hey thats my car

Quick Reply: Chances of finding a White or Red 5-speed?