SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

sc300 audio wiring help

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-01, 04:00 AM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Stereo

The rear deck is where the Sub and rear speakers are mounted. The second amp is mounted next to the Sub.

gadgetSC
Old 11-26-01, 11:39 AM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

gadgetSC,

How did you figured out which pin goes where for each plugs (A, B, C, D)?
I have the SC400 manual and been looking at the radio section for the last two months trying to figured out why my Nakamichi stopped working. There is no diagram that show the wires color and which pin goes where at all in my manual

I already ordered an electrical manual from Carson Toyota hoping that it willshow me exactly what color wires goes where. Still waiting for the manual.
Old 11-27-01, 03:53 AM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Arrow Stereo

VQT, I used the wiring diagram in the service manual. Look at your diagram....When you see a component like a speaker lets say the right rear speaker.......The diagram shows the radio receiver assy.....The right rear speaker is shown as RR (right rear)
to the right of that is a letter and number C1. This is connector "C" pin "1". The next page of the diagram should show you a picture of the back of the radio with each connector with a letter A B C and D. They also show each connector with the pins. The wiring diagram does not have the color coding of the wires. Hope this helps.

gadgetSC
Old 08-13-02, 06:44 PM
j0hnyboi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Rear Speakers not working!!!

A while back I was working on my system trying to do an upgrade on the sub. I wanted more bass so decided to go with an aftermarket subwoofer. I didn't want to change the beautiful lexus deck. No matter how top line and expensive those aftermarket decks are, it doesn't beat the factory lexus deck. It's always a better match. Anyhow, my only option was to connect an external rca output box (red/white) to the rear speaker wires in order to plug the aftermarket amp. I screwed up pretty bad. Without instructions on how to hook up the external rca box to the rear speaker wires, I believe I fried the rear speaker channel. There was no sound from the rear speakers and only the fronts were working. I couldn't find out where the problem was, but thought it was probably the deck itself which I fried the rear channel. I purchased another deck exactly the one I had, plug it on and same problem, no rear speakers. Can someone tell me what the problem is? Are there like fuses for the front/rear speakers? Is it possible that I damaged one of the amp channels? I'm a little confused about whether the sound from the speakers are ran by an external lexus amp, or is it straight from the deck. I currently have one idea, sacrafice the sound fade switch on the lexus deck, and clip the rear speaker wires to the front speakers. Besides, very rarely do I use the fade button. However, the only problem is behind the deck, its hard to find the exact color wires from the rear speakers. I notice that lexus sometimes like to change colors along the wire.
Old 08-13-02, 08:13 PM
pcmw
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welp,

You probably popped a fuse in the amplifier located underneath the cd changer in the trunk.

You are confusing the problem and the source of that problem.

The 'deck' is more accurately described as the headunit. A deck is like the REAR DECK or the DECK LID. So pulling the headunit out and tapping the wires together at that point will do you NO GOOD.

This is the order of the chain in your stereo.... Headunit --> Amplifier --> Speakers

Therefore, tapping the front wires to the rear wires at the headunit will only feed different signals (not power) to the amplifier and leave you with the SAME problem. The amplifier will now see signal coming from the headunit for only the FRONT and then use that same signal for the front and the rear. However, since the amp's rear channel is fried....no go. no sound...

So....your next idea will be to tap the rear speakers to the front speakers at the amplifier output.....well....that is another bad idea...you will drop the resistence on that amplifier to below safe range and burn the whole thing out...

SO....what you need to do is....find a replacement for your factory amp, or buy an aftermarket amplifier to put in its place (my suggestion).

If you need more info....just ask...

MW
Old 08-14-02, 02:02 AM
SDSC300
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sense he has no cd changer stock the wireing is a little different (unless he did have a cd changer and got rid of it)and if he wanted to wire in a aftermaket deck, he can use a standard toyota wire harness I belevie its something like 87-94 something like that. saves some time.