SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Why do you really own your SC?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-05, 09:04 PM
bizzy928
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly, it was the right time, place and price.

It was only AFTER I had the car that I fell DEEPLY in love with her.

Reliable, sexy, RWD, V8, sexy and timeless.
Old 06-27-05, 10:06 PM
BigManne
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i always liked the lines of the car. then i saw one of clints video's and i was hooked
Old 06-27-05, 10:37 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

Why do you really own your SC?
For the Zen, baby........... For the Zen
Old 06-27-05, 10:43 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

BUSHIDO!!

Ryan
Old 06-27-05, 11:07 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I've always loved Soarers, but I never thought I'd own one so soon.

I was looking at R33 Skylines (after looking at a Z32 Fairlady Z TT... didn't like it one bit), was set on getting a M-Spec GTS25t but had a look at Soarers just for the heck of it.

Lucky I went for a Soarer instead... so much more refined than the Nissan products.
Old 06-28-05, 12:21 AM
JJG2005
Lead Lap

I'm one of the younger Lexus owners (18), but will definatley not be ricing my car out. When the word gets around that I only paid $4,000 for my car while friends are paying more for Civics, I guess that eventually some undesirable owners will come across the SCs. I just know I love the ride and quality of Lexus, and am dedicated to buying Lexus from now on because of mainly the customer service and overall quality. I'm also considering buying a 98ish ES300 or older LS300 as a daily driver once my SC300 is swapped. (Just engine swap, full OEM black leather, car PC, and maybe some tasteful rims, no rice) I have a few new friends that also are 18 or under and drive ES300s, but are looking for SC300s... maybe I'm just lucky in my area, but all Lexus owners I've come across have been really cool, friendly, and not ricers in the least bit... no matter of age.
Old 06-28-05, 04:14 PM
SCV8
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heck, I just wanted a commuter for my 70 mile a day drive, but being a car junkie, it didn't take long to figure out what these cars have going for them.
I've always liked Toyotas for the drivetrains, but the styling has been a little "Battlestar Galactica", so I stayed with Italian, and German cars.
The SC does everything very well, and there aren't many new cars that I would replace my car with even if I could.
I too find it humorous/sad to see expensive Civics, when our cars do it all better.
Old 06-28-05, 04:31 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I had a 73 Monte Carlo in college. It was beautiful. It was famous among my friends. Then I crashed it. I got a 77 but it wasn't the same. I always longed for that long hood, short rear deck coupe with rear drive power. First time I saw an SC i thought it was the car to replace my fantacy. I finally got one 4 1/2 years ago but unlike a lot of others, it wasn't cheap. I got it from the Lexus dealer with a warranty and 28K miles. They wanted 29K but I got it for 24K. It is one of the most beautiful cars ever produced by anyone. A lot of kids have them now but you can tell a really nice one from a less maintained car. Modded and maintained, the car still holds up well next to any car imo. Because I love changing cars I keep looking at new cars but everytime I get the itch, I look at my SC and think, no way can I leave my baby in the hands of a stranger.
Old 06-28-05, 06:55 PM
big lar
Driver School Candidate

Default Why do you really own your SC?

From the first time I saw the car, and latched onto the promo vid with Danny Sullivan. Fogged the windows at the showroom for years. Wanted to have my "mid-life crisis-mobile" and it's here. The lines, the V-8, the creamy smoothness...I've got it all. Nothing like the acceleration any time you want. The engine roar only on demand. The stereo that you don't have to adjust the volume from city to highway speeds. Nakamichi 12 CD stereo.

To sum up: I love walking up to the car in any parking lot I'm in, knowing I'll enjoy the ride no matter how long or short.

Old 06-28-05, 08:54 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by big lar
From the first time I saw the car, and latched onto the promo vid with Danny Sullivan. Fogged the windows at the showroom for years. Wanted to have my "mid-life crisis-mobile" and it's here. The lines, the V-8, the creamy smoothness...I've got it all. Nothing like the acceleration any time you want. The engine roar only on demand. The stereo that you don't have to adjust the volume from city to highway speeds. Nakamichi 12 CD stereo.

To sum up: I love walking up to the car in any parking lot I'm in, knowing I'll enjoy the ride no matter how long or short.

There you go... Couldn't have said it better myself...

Ryan
Old 06-28-05, 08:55 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by reggiek
I had a 73 Monte Carlo in college. It was beautiful. It was famous among my friends. Then I crashed it. I got a 77 but it wasn't the same. I always longed for that long hood, short rear deck coupe with rear drive power. First time I saw an SC i thought it was the car to replace my fantacy. I finally got one 4 1/2 years ago but unlike a lot of others, it wasn't cheap. I got it from the Lexus dealer with a warranty and 28K miles. They wanted 29K but I got it for 24K. It is one of the most beautiful cars ever produced by anyone. A lot of kids have them now but you can tell a really nice one from a less maintained car. Modded and maintained, the car still holds up well next to any car imo. Because I love changing cars I keep looking at new cars but everytime I get the itch, I look at my SC and think, no way can I leave my baby in the hands of a stranger.

Ditto...
Old 06-29-05, 01:31 AM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wanted one for a long time. A beautiful balance of style, luxury and still sporty to drive. Hell I've been on this forum for years and only just got one a couple months ago. This car is worth keeping for a long time. A little more power and it will be perfect. I'm currenly planning a nice nitrous package that will cure that. Every time I drive it I love it. Quiet, smooth, comfy and the reactions from people when you say you drive a lexus is hilarious haha
Old 06-29-05, 01:36 AM
Dramon
Driver

Short story: My RX-7 blew up and I needed something reliable. The SC300 was the only car I could find locally that was in good shape and for a good price that would last me till college is over.

Long story: First performance car was a MKIII Supra Turbo, SC300 = MKIII Supra w/o the turbo. A lot more performance options with the 2JZ. Why not?

Oh, and the MKIV guys all convinced me it was a good idea.

Yeah, I gave into the dark side.
Old 06-29-05, 06:17 PM
soarer479
Lexus Test Driver

well my story is ive been in love with supras since i was a little kid and wanted one for the longest time. well obviously supras are very expensive and were way out of my price range. then i found the sc. what i love most about the car is simply that it is rare, rare to find a very fast one and not many ppl even know what they are. beyond that the car is just hot and come on how many of us arent proud to say we own a lexus? if some one asked me today to decide between an sc and a supra i honestly would not be able to make the choice. the car has unlimited possiblilties im sure it will be many years before im even close to completeing my relentless pursuit of perfection.
Old 06-29-05, 08:50 PM
RPH74
Intermediate

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

I remember being at the golf range in Suburban Chicago back in '93 when I noticed my first SC. I was only 18 then, and remember being in awe, and said to myself that I would own one someday. I've had mine for 3½ years now and it still looks just as good now as it did 12 years ago!

Quick Reply: Why do you really own your SC?