SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Why do you really own your SC?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-05, 10:59 PM
Lexuphoria
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's a Classy Predator

I just recently purchased a 1993 SC 300 a few weeks ago. I have had this beauty in my sights for quite a while for a few reasons:

sophistication that just oozes from each sleek angle of this car

confident strength and solidity as each gear shifts

the possibilities are endless with modifications that almost always look pristine.(generally those who are owners, take pride in keeping this car classy and luxurious yet with a personal flare).

timeless was aptly phrased... mad props to all of you who felt this way.

it looks stunning.. it drives like a dream.. what more could you want from a car that reflects YOU out on the road?

!!!!!
Old 07-11-05, 01:59 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I started liking SCs back for a while. I remember my aunt taking me to Disneylandfor the first time when I was about 9-10 years old (she was like 20 at the time, she had a pretty bomb job) in her brand new black SC300. I loved how it rode back then even though I didnt know much about cars then. She still owns it by the way.

Years later, after crashing my first car, I wanted an S14 Nissan 240x. It fullfilled the requirements of a rwd coupe. Finding one within my budget and my needs wasnt possible so I seek for alternatives. Suprisingly, after I realized that some SC300s are within my budget, I knew that I had to get one. Even tho its not as light nor have the same aftermarket support, the SC had the refinement and elegance that the Nissan doesnt.

It is sad to see many SCs riced out or neglected as a beater today with more than 200k+ miles. My plans are really conservative. Im just going to get the 97+ front bumper along with the skirts and tailights. As far as wheels go, I wanna get some 19X8s up front and 19x11s in the back

This is probably the cleanest 13 year old car I ever seen. My car...

When people ask me what I drive, its funny how people react when I answer that I drive a Lexus.More shockingly people are even more amazed when they find out that its a 92
Old 07-11-05, 04:18 AM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SC400T
Hello all:

I will start...The SC, up to year 2,000 is IMHO, one of the best looking cars on the road...Bar none. It is sporty, svelte and sexy to look at. For me, it is like looking at the beautiful Teri Hatcher, Eva Longoria, or Jennifer Connelly. Stunning looks, charm and grace, yet the flexibility to act in several different roles with ease. That is the SC... It is one of the most well-rounded cars on the road, timeless.

Ryan
You really summed it up in your own thread. Even after owning it for 4 years, I stand in my garage sometimes just admiring it. The same way i look at my girlfriend some nights when shes sleeping. And its simply flawless in design .
Its a true classic , just like an older Corvette or Porche or a Mustang. I see people stop and look when i drive by. And compliments from strangers almost daily.
And you do get respect when you say you drive a Lexus. And i love the feeling of walking across a parking lot , seeing my SC waiting for me. And peoples heads turning when they see you getting in.
Old 07-11-05, 06:50 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CantSeeMe
You really summed it up in your own thread. Even after owning it for 4 years, I stand in my garage sometimes just admiring it. The same way i look at my girlfriend some nights when shes sleeping. And its simply flawless in design .
Its a true classic , just like an older Corvette or Porche or a Mustang. I see people stop and look when i drive by. And compliments from strangers almost daily.
And you do get respect when you say you drive a Lexus. And i love the feeling of walking across a parking lot , seeing my SC waiting for me. And peoples heads turning when they see you getting in.

Well Stated!!

Ryan
Old 07-11-05, 09:28 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Props...Very clean car...Keep up the pride...

Ryan

Originally Posted by xknowonex
I started liking SCs back for a while. I remember my aunt taking me to Disneylandfor the first time when I was about 9-10 years old (she was like 20 at the time, she had a pretty bomb job) in her brand new black SC300. I loved how it rode back then even though I didnt know much about cars then. She still owns it by the way.

Years later, after crashing my first car, I wanted an S14 Nissan 240x. It fullfilled the requirements of a rwd coupe. Finding one within my budget and my needs wasnt possible so I seek for alternatives. Suprisingly, after I realized that some SC300s are within my budget, I knew that I had to get one. Even tho its not as light nor have the same aftermarket support, the SC had the refinement and elegance that the Nissan doesnt.

It is sad to see many SCs riced out or neglected as a beater today with more than 200k+ miles. My plans are really conservative. Im just going to get the 97+ front bumper along with the skirts and tailights. As far as wheels go, I wanna get some 19X8s up front and 19x11s in the back

This is probably the cleanest 13 year old car I ever seen. My car...

When people ask me what I drive, its funny how people react when I answer that I drive a Lexus.More shockingly people are even more amazed when they find out that its a 92
Old 07-11-05, 10:04 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by CantSeeMe
LOL ur just like me. I work Saturdays and Sundays at the grocery store and I always wander around the parking lot ogling at my car hundreds of times a day to kill time
Old 07-11-05, 11:19 AM
VeilSideGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Rarity of the 5 spd tranny and its a luxury supra
Old 07-11-05, 11:41 AM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MongolKhan
Toyota, 5 speed, rear wheel drive.
+1

Buying the SC400 as a daily helped too....after feeling how such a large and heavier car could handle like a smaller lighter car, I was sold and got the SC300 5-spd for the track.
Old 07-11-05, 12:31 PM
spoiledkid
Pole Position

couldn't afford a supra at the time i bought the car and got it for a good value
Old 07-11-05, 12:43 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

I wanted to try the sc300 as a project at the time.

Overtime stuff happened which really put a hamper on that. But now I just like the car in general I love its looks although its rear end looks kinda funky.. maybe it needs a sc400 spoiler.